Bans issued for openly advertised Elo boosting

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Graphika

10-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Rafikerus View Post
You guys need to be really careful with this...i personally play on 5 different computers...2 of them are laptops so they are played all over the place and i travel alot...I might stop playing on my laptops. I'm scared. lol...But i need to play ranked to 1500...

^ like this guy.
This is also my situation?

Xyltin

10-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moldypear View Post
What about when you play on a Smurf, will these accounts be seen as doing above average and be culled? It's not as intentional as you might think, I just made another account because I wanted to be able to help all the new player's I'm meeting in real life adjust to the game, without queing with them when I'm 30 and their level 3. It wouldn't be right forcing 3 level 3s into a game with level 20s to get smashed. And what about taking a friend's account under your wing after they've left the game? Is this considered against the terms of use? Thanks for any and all replies!
As long as only you are playing, you won't get problems.
But if 2 different persons are using the same account, and since and onyl when the new person uses it it gains elo, riot might look deeper into it.

Chromaggus

10-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashno View Post
Vaqxinelol- Gem's account was perma banned. xj was warned.
Proof please.

SugaLolli

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-12-2012

wahts with smurfs are they in danger?

Gotcha Sinx

10-12-2012

I have a question. While I applaud your combating of the selling of elo, would it be okay for say, a friend who is 2200 elo to group with a friend who is 1500 elo in the hopes of raising the 1500 person's elo to like 1800 or whatever is platinum? Thanks

detoxhater

Keiffo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yegg View Post
We recently announced the Season 2 ranked rewards, and since then we’ve seen occurrences of highly skilled players logging into the accounts of other players and dominating games in order to qualify that account for additional rewards. Some streamers have even been openly advertising these services and engaging in this in front of thousands of viewers. This is unacceptable. We strongly believe that ranked rewards should be fairly earned by the recipients.

Not only is account sharing against the Terms of Use, and not only does it undermine the spirit of fair play, but it also affects many innocent players who find themselves battling a player whose true Elo is 1000 or more points above theirs.

Today we’ve issued the following punishments:

- Two week suspensions for the accounts of a few streamers that we’ve confirmed were engaging in this behavior: robertxlee, Only Jaximus, yangfushang, and dye44.

- Seven day suspensions for the accounts that received Elo boosts from these players. These accounts have lost all eligibility for Season 2 rewards and have had their ranked Elo reset to an appropriate level.

We’re also in the midst of an analysis that will identify other players who have clearly participated in Elo boosting over the past several months. Once the list is finalized we’ll be taking similar action against those accounts.

The integrity of ranked play is extremely important to us, and to that end we will continue monitoring for these behaviors going forward. Permanent bans will be issued to players who are found engaging in Elo boosting in the future.

For the vast majority of players who have competed fairly throughout Season 2, you have nothing to worry about. There are twelve days left to earn rewards before the season end date of October 23. Good luck and have fun!
@Yegg

Since the ELO rewards are based on the highest ELO you have obtained this season, all of my friends have got or are in the process of getting Gold ELO for free.

I would like to know what Riot think about this. Is it a loop-hole? Is it working as intended?

Myself and two friends started messing around with a ranked team in 3x3. We quickly obtained Gold ELO, and when one of them went offline, we formed a new team and replaced the missing member. Gained Gold ELO again. Similar things continued to happen and I'm now in four Gold ELO teams.

As the days passed invites became available. I started inviting my friends to these teams. All they had to do was win five games to get the Gold ELO rewards. It didn't matter how many were lost in the process, because Gold was already secured before they even joined the team.

Is the annoyance of gaining five wins at an initial ELO some of my friends don't belong at enough of a deterrent?

It has became clear that this season's ELO rewards will be claimed by far more people than intended. There is no chance that only 3% of the players will get Gold or higher rewards.

I would like to know what your view on this is.

Supermegalol

10-12-2012

Can u erase duoque while ur at it? hate seeing baddies like Hafu getting carried to 2300 elo when she belongs at 1700.

Playing 100% support with a professional carry doesnt make u good just fyi.

And as mentioned.... theres proof that shes been doing eloboosting, even tho shes so bad she cant get that said acc out of 1200 elo.

OneVendetta

10-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermegalol View Post
even tho shes so bad she cant get that said acc out of 1200 elo.
the irony LOLOL

Munsterberg

10-12-2012

So what if higher elo players want to make a new account to get to a higher rating, like a frash account go like 30-1 in solo queue or something just to get plat and stop playing the account for awhile, we will be banned for that? i mean how can you prove that it was some one else or just some one playing there secondary account?

Very interested to see how this plays out riot.