Bans issued for openly advertised Elo boosting

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ep1cLeprechaun

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetsero View Post
Why are the actual people who made it possible still able to get the rewards? That is not fair. They probably destroyed tons of opportunity to get rewards for other people and they still get their gold rewards and skin etcetc? They do not deserve it.
If they are plat players, they deserve plat rewards.

BlobPower

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetsero View Post
Why are the actual people who made it possible still able to get the rewards? That is not fair. They probably destroyed tons of opportunity to get rewards for other people and they still get their gold rewards and skin etcetc? They do not deserve it.
Because those streamers are good promotion for LoL? So those players get a slap on the wrist, but riot wants to encourage them to continue streaming?

Adumbro Deus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-11-2012

I think this is a wierd question, but what happens to an account that had overlap?

Aka, they get boosted early in the season, then actually get good and then themselves perform elo boosting services? Would they get both punishments? Or would the capacity to elo boost mean that they deserve the season rewards?

Yea, I'm that guy that thinks about those things.

External

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-11-2012

I know this isn't quite related to elo boosting, in fact, it is quite the opposite. Alot of people that have hit a certain reward (in my case, diamond), have stated they are no longer trying in their games due to getting the rewards. Can these players get their rewards revoked? It is frustrating for other players trying their best to get a reward, only to have these players no longer trying in their games. And again, I have evidence of certain players saying stuff in pre game chat such as "i'm going AP shaco, don't care if we lose, I already got diamond".

natemiddleman2

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apopalipsis View Post
I do believe that is related to the IP adress from the streamer and the Client. If the day X the Account A got into LoL from 000.000.234 and the day Y that account got into LoL from 123.394.029 there is something wrong about it (its more depth than that) but that is the way to track down the ppl over the internet.

+100 Riot this time. I just saw some weeks ago this jungler Xj9 or something like that stoping ppl in low elo games because he was getting money boosting The Elo and doing that like it was a thing to be proud of it.

Thx for this accurate action.
I play on my laptop from home, school, and various other locations therefore it will show my account being played on multiple IP addresses. Will I still have to worry especially as my elo has increased so dramatically in the last few months.

Chromaggus

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaqxinelol View Post
About 2ish weeks ago when it was announced that you guys were going to further look into the banning of Elo boosting and etc, I made a thread on GD calling out one particular user who has had their account boosted by their boyfriend over 700 elo (1500-2200) in a span of roughly a month and a half

The thread hit roughly 14 pages, and was in massive support as I was protruding evidence from Lolking, making it clearly obvious that her boyfriend boosted her account based on KDAS of his main account, his smurf account, and the champions KDAS on her account. The evidence I posted made it extremely obvious to me and many others that this person was boosted over 700 elo in the span of roughly a month and a half

I want to know the status of this account, and the status of her boyfriend's account and his smurf account. The person is an avid forum user, and has denied FULLY, that she was boosted when it is blatantly obvious. I will continue to bump this thread with this response until I can either talk to you, or Pendragon in game or on IRC or something, or I get a response from you here whether or not asking if I can tell you the names of the 3 users.

Thanks.
^

SamsonOfSpite

10-11-2012

To be honest Im really excited for this. I know of many people who elo boost and have watched streams etc. I've felt indifferent about it for awhile but when you think about it, it is a large part of what ruins the community in ranked. People who are in elo they dont belong in and either troll or play on a level they dont understand has huge effects on other peoples elo. Which even if its just one game can negatively impact the way people experience League ranked games. Its no better than gold farmers in WoW or Duping in D2. It ruins the economy, in Leagues case the economy is elo.

Professor Wicked

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yegg View Post
This is only the beginning.
THE BEGINNING OF THE END. I'm loving this new position on punishment. Thank you Riot!

BlackSantaClaus

10-11-2012

aphromoo still unpunished. scumbag riot

dastronkest

10-11-2012

What if my friend, who is lets say gold/platinum, and I(lets say I am 1250), were to duo queue with him on a smurf around the same ELO? Also for free, not for profit, of course