Bans issued for openly advertised Elo boosting

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chromaggus

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaqxinelol View Post
About 2ish weeks ago when it was announced that you guys were going to further look into the banning of Elo boosting and etc, I made a thread on GD calling out one particular user who has had their account boosted by their boyfriend over 700 elo (1500-2200) in a span of roughly a month and a half

The thread hit roughly 14 pages, and was in massive support as I was protruding evidence from Lolking, making it clearly obvious that her boyfriend boosted her account based on KDAS of his main account, his smurf account, and the champions KDAS on her account. The evidence I posted made it extremely obvious to me and many others that this person was boosted over 700 elo in the span of roughly a month and a half

I want to know the status of this account, and the status of her boyfriend's account and his smurf account. The person is an avid forum user, and has denied FULLY, that she was boosted when it is blatantly obvious. I will continue to bump this thread with this response until I can either talk to you, or Pendragon in game or on IRC or something, or I get a response from you here whether or not asking if I can tell you the names of the 3 users.

Thanks.
Bump.

vFresh

10-11-2012

ggg robert LLOLOOL

kooties

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-11-2012

calling people out on forums!

BLASPHEMY

Only Jaximus

10-11-2012

You won't get banned unless you boost lol, they have a pretty foolproof system that just evaluates IP addresses and elo spikes... you don't have to worry about getting accidentally banned.

kooties

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-11-2012

HES ALiVE

Wick3dD3vil

10-11-2012

How you would you know though? If it was like close? ;0

Only Jaximus

10-11-2012

Because I've talked to people at Riot about this, we were approached a few weeks ago. That and Tryndamere was my economics teacher in High School

Chromaggus

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only Jaximus View Post
Because I've talked to people at Riot about this, we were approached a few weeks ago. That and Tryndamere was my economics teacher in High School
Oh, so thats why he asked for an elo job.

Tetsero

10-11-2012

Why are the actual people who made it possible still able to get the rewards? That is not fair. They probably destroyed tons of opportunity to get rewards for other people and they still get their gold rewards and skin etcetc? They do not deserve it.

Muffinstien

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yegg View Post
This is only the beginning. We're in the midst of a full analysis and will be issuing further bans once we've identified other players and accounts that have engaged in Elo boosting. This should happen in the next couple weeks.
Good luck. I really like how forward you've all been with these situations lately. Glad to see things are being pushed forward.