Bans issued for openly advertised Elo boosting

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Deikan

10-11-2012

What happens if I played on my own accounts to get elo really fast, I got from unranked to plat in a few days?

JuniorFisherman

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-11-2012

Do I have the right to let a friend play on my account, on my home computer? Do I have the right to let him play ranked on my account to boost my elo? Not that I do that, just curious.

hi im sprusse

10-11-2012

AL zekent plays on his friend's acc and considers it his smurf. Does that count as elo boosting? because i have several accs where my friends quit and i just play on them to avoid long ass Queues. I also consider it as my smurf since im the only one playing on it now

FrostTech

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deikan View Post
What happens if I played on my own accounts to get elo really fast, I got from unranked to plat in a few days?
That's perfectly fine. If they were smart, they won't ban people for elo changes alone. They will probably look for sudden elo jumps. That end at or near a change in ranking. See if the account logged on in a different IP and that's really all you need to convict.

messymike

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-11-2012

GEM is still diamond even though openly admitting to getting boosted on the forums... hope you don't just say you are punishing these people but really let them slide....

VeKtorWithAK

10-11-2012

Tracking this must actually be kind of fun in a challenging way, tracking win/loss ratios, champion selections, KDA ratios and even how a change in player has effected the accounts being/not being reported over those games.

That would be a pretty cool job IMO even if it is for a rather sad purpose.

Gumb E

10-11-2012

Very cool to hear. Will elo boosters who don't stream get taken care of soon?

I'm thinking of the Coldplay / CoIdpIay guys. If you want evidence that they are selling elo increases to low elo players, you need look no further than their conversation with my dad (Tenbuck II) some months ago. They were advertising their services in a low elo game, he asked them about it, they quoted prices at him.

People who make money by breaking the rulss should get more than a temp ban, IMO. Anything they've bought with RP should be deleted, as it was bought with dirty money.

Sunjo of Joseon

10-11-2012

So what are you doing for people selling spots? I got kicked off a team so that the person could sell my spot and the remaining spots... I honestly kept quiet about it, but since we're on this topic

Rebate

10-11-2012

I am glad I brought up the issue to you guys and action was taken. I would like to continue working with you guys on the issue as soon as one of you comes online again.

Feel free to add me in game Yegg.

Veuillez

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuniorFisherman View Post
Do I have the right to let a friend play on my account, on my home computer? Do I have the right to let him play ranked on my account to boost my elo? Not that I do that, just curious.
Doesn't matter, if he's playing on your computer there's no way to tell if it's him or you, so you'll never get caught.