Bans issued for openly advertised Elo boosting

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FrostTech

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phơ Kin View Post
What about players using the Ranked teams option to get diamond,
e.g. joining a rank team and recieving the rewards.
As far as I know... That's perfectly legal. They can't ban you for joining a team.

KillerX00

10-11-2012

... what is this... robertxlee doesn't deserve this. he stopped once he was warned..

JoshuaStyle

10-11-2012

See i created this smurf just so i can have two plat accounts how can you tell the difference between elo boosting and smurfs.

worst adc ever

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-11-2012

Its pathetic how people are willing to get elo boost just to brag about how fake their skills really are

Darkfargus

10-11-2012

Wow riot actually spent some time banning people who deserve it rather then banning me for maining revive tele top garen to 1500 elo? I am amazed.

BeatRushVII

10-11-2012

I might be flagging myself for a ban here, but is logging into anyone else's account bannable?

My boyfriend and i started playing this game together and know eachothers accounts. Sometimes i play his account, sometimes he plays mine, this has nothing to do with elo, he just has champs i dont and i have champs he doesn't. Isn't it sort of...our decision if we want to share accounts or not?

GoldVicious

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-11-2012

I believe I was one of the players who gained Elo due to being placed along side an Elo booster. The first time I was happy for the win but when it happened a second time I felt extremely guilty for the other people.

Since then I have no longer been able to participate in ranked because I feel like a cheat. Please remove ~28 Elo from my account so I can play again and truly earn that sweet Janna skin!

Tank82

10-11-2012

we need to get rid of scumbags like ROBERTXLEE that blatently elo boost AND stream the boosting on twitch to make even more money, greedy scum like that has no place in league community

Azerr

10-11-2012

Yegg, i would like to know if you duo with a player thats higher elo than you and he wants to help you get higher in elo, does that count as elo boosting?

lord kratos

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatRushVII View Post
I might be flagging myself for a ban here, but is logging into anyone else's account bannable?

My boyfriend and i started playing this game together and know eachothers accounts. Sometimes i play his account, sometimes he plays mine, this has nothing to do with elo, he just has champs i dont and i have champs he doesn't. Isn't it sort of...our decision if we want to share accounts or not?
You are not allowed to share accounts. When you make an account it is technically contracted with you.

That being said, this is not "my" account. My brother made it and he hasn't played in 2 years so many people are guilty of it as well. You will not be targeted by Riot though.