Bans issued for openly advertised Elo boosting

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

i am twitch chat

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coltaine00 View Post
Look at the thread title. They've only issued bans for those openly advertising it (streaming) - no mention of others..
We’re also in the midst of an analysis that will identify other players who have clearly participated in Elo boosting over the past several months. Once the list is finalized we’ll be taking similar action against those accounts.

branizzle

10-11-2012

lvl 100 starmie also giving out elo jobs: http://www.twitch.tv/lvl100starmie, here's another screenshot from the stream in case he removes it, http://i.imgur.com/Kpik5.png

TenDz

10-11-2012

2 week bans? I could smell permanent bans on the horizon. For the streamers anyway, for desperate people who are looking to increase their elo thats an understandable frusturation.

George MichaeI

10-11-2012

If the integrity of ranked is so important to you, shouldn't you be banning players that go on low elo accounts and carry their friends to high elo via duo queue?

Usually involving 1 playing ad carry and the weaker player playing support.

There are tons of gamers achieving platinum or diamond through these means, that don't belong there, because during their climb they were actually being carried by someone with much higher elo than the players they were playing against.

Anyway I doubt riot will go full throttle on this... just enough to make the community think they are strict about it.

I'm sure nothing will happen to aphromoo.

Crisco Moonshine

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coltaine00 View Post
Look at the thread title. They've only issued bans for those openly advertising it (streaming) - no mention of others..
I think one can safely assume that even if these are the only bans currently, Riot is in the process of refining their methods for catching elo boosters and no one who engages (or has engaged) in this behavior will be safe.

Elsea

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Food4Thought View Post
So...its NOT ok to cheat a rating for random in game rewards, which results in temp bans and possible perm bans.

BUT

if you cheat in the final tourny of S2 to have an increased chance win ONE MILLION DOLLARS, you get fined a petty amound of cash.

smh
this company is so backwards.

30,000 dollars is petty? Can you give me a petty amount of cash pls then?

Ep1cLeprechaun

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flourescence View Post
30,000 dollars is petty? Can you give me a petty amount of cash pls then?
If I was just given 150,000, I would happily give you 30,000. I'll hit you up if I do.

pan bian tai

10-11-2012

What about players using the Ranked teams option to get diamond,
e.g. joining a rank team and recieving the rewards.

God of Mid

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-11-2012

Finally

ShacĂ´ Bot

10-11-2012

best Riot post in days. Awesomeness