How to counter Evelynn, From the guy who made her so friggin popular. AMA

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Queso Queen

10-11-2012

Thank you for this. I love Eve and played her pretty much since level 1. To me, a great opponent who knows what they are doing are always a great counter to Eve. When I go against another Eve in game I am always telling my team to ward because to me, this is the biggest biggest biggest counter to her, pink wards. I buy wards no matter what role I am playing, it counters a lot and gives your own team an advantage to counter gank. Second thing I tell them is just don't play sloppy, pay attention if you choose to over extend and don't rage if the eve that you haven't sighted in 10 second suddenly jumps your face and kills you, specially if I told you mia/ss.
To me, just playing smart is a great counter to her, she is squishie, as she should be, and wait patiently for a counter attack. Have your jungle focus her as his number one if need be.

Again I appriciate this thread because it helps me remember who I should be cautious against.

ZodiarkSavior

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorsz View Post
You truly are grasping at straws.

I think you're truly scared that eve is going to be rightfully nerfed.

Lets see, TF is not even listed in all ranked, TF does not make the list in bronze, TF does not make the list in silver either, TF does not make the list in gold either.

Ohhh theres TF finally! He finally makes one list, even tho eve made EVERY list. Hes 4th in ONE elo, plat.

1% bro real? I think its got to the point where you blindly defend eve, not kidding.
I dislike you

Marsvoltian

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-11-2012

He is very correct in these lane matchups. Although I have won 20 games and lost 1 as Eve, that loss was to midGath

A Master Shaco

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by tempnameA461 View Post
Once I get outside of early game, unless you have double my cs..
I will destroy good Akali as Eve.
I will destroy good Anivia as Eve.
Annie will beat me if fed.
Cho has no chance.
Fizz is a soft counter, fun to fight, has a good chance.
Malzahar after early game has no chance.
Morde has a decent chance, if fed, he autowins.
Ryze early game wins extremely hard, destroyed after.
Swain is hard to deal with, but after early he indeed has no chance.
AP Teemo - God damnit..
Veigar wins by default because your teammates just run into his E non-stop all damn game so he's super fed.
Zilean wins early game, but eventually will get nuked too fast to even ult.

Haven't fought Fiora.
Haven't fought Panth mid, very very strong as an enemy jungler.
Haven't fought Wukong.

^ All of these are very true except for Zilean.

^ Life doesn't help a ton, and Swiftness won't counter my playstyle.

@MasterShaco - This is with almost 200 games (27/0/3, Surge/Ignite, 1750 elo, 15 Pene from runes) atm. What do you run with her?
Surge/Ignite, omg i love you already.

Queso Queen

10-11-2012

*shudders* I have gratefully never had to go against a Kass as Eve.

I dislike Kass on all levels vs mid. Period. Yet we do not see him being called for a nerf.

People rage because they got beat, it always happens. Smart eve's play smart and will win. Idiot Eves are just idiots and will feed/die/leave.

DFG is great yes, on ANY mid champ that roam ganks, Again kass using it...just...eeek. *runs away* zyra using it with her ulti plants oh god we are so dead. period. Kat using it with cleanup and shunpo just....dude your dead u arn't getting away if she ult shunpo dfg's u.

Eve's fault isn't using dfg, its the fact that many ap gankers before her forgot about it and now they get to remember.

A Master Shaco

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by tempnameA461 View Post
Actually, from a mathematical standpoint, most of her power is in DFG and Q.
Late game It's sitting at 400 a shot every second before MR (55 flat pene + 46%).
That's why Morello is good on her.
I agree that her Q is alot, It's also her post-Ult teamfight skill, and her main early game skill.
But the issue that people are having is the AOE %age damage. Which is insanely strong on champions who have it on single-target abilities, Hit a 5 man ult with Eve and you've probably just won that teamfight.

A Master Shaco

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcil View Post
I am just theorycrafting here, but wouldn't Kassadin do well against her?
Hatespike should feed up Kass's force pulse super quickly; and silence + wave would chunk her down?
Come level 6, he will have his own riftwalk; and DFG.

Have you ever encountered this? How did you do?
Have never had any issues with Kassadin, I rarely see him, however, I could imagine if he went triple GP10, I'd have issues, However, I don't feel like he's able to keep up with farm, and you can pretty much just take his harrass and shove the wave into him, He's then losing tons of gold.

Uiraya

10-11-2012

Kass punches out all my blood if I go near him at any point in the game. What am I missing?

Also, that guy's hate ***** for Evelynn is actually something.

I was told by some guys that it's better to get Abyssal before Void when your guide suggested the opposite (as I recall)... Thoughts?

Also, you can hit five opponents with Eve's ult all you like, it's still on your teammates to know what an initiate looks like. The number of times I've done that and they all run away... :/
~Uiru

A Master Shaco

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uiraya View Post
Kass punches out all my blood if I go near him at any point in the game. What am I missing?

Also, that guy's hate ***** for Evelynn is actually something.

I was told by some guys that it's better to get Abyssal before Void when your guide suggested the opposite (as I recall)... Thoughts?

Also, you can hit five opponents with Eve's ult all you like, it's still on your teammates to know what an initiate looks like. The number of times I've done that and they all run away... :/
~Uiru
I definitely said Abyssal before Void, Although recently, I've been prefering Abyssal + HG into rabadons instead.

Gorsz

10-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodiarkSavior View Post
I dislike you

Ask me if I care, go ahead, ask me.

A lot of people dont like a logical person proving them wrong. Nobody wants to be wrong.

Sorry guys, stats do not lie. Eve is dominating every single aspect of LoL from the lowest level to the highest level in the game and the best you guys have to come up with is "stats do not matter!" I laugh at you.

I guess stats don't matter when they prove something you dont like, and stats ONLY matter if they support whatever argument you have.

This is directed at the people just brushing off eve's extreme stats across the entire board of LoL.