CCFC-Review Forum Mark 2!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

h0vlol

10-11-2012

Hello Everyone,

Hatter here. I am on the CCFC with many awesome people who just love to review your champions. I have created this thread to help those out with trying to get reviews from our Council. We will be starting a new review system soon. To be able to get a review you need to review a champion off of Wuffle's Champion Index v2.0. We are trying to help with getting more reviews out there on these champions.

If you are wondering how to do a good review:

Quote:
Some key points:

- Tone: This is paramount. Think carefully about how you phrase things; do not condescend, do not mock. Yes, an ability that deals 5,000 true damage in an 1100 unit AoE is.... a bit much. But there is a civil way in which you can word your review to advise the summoner that their numbers may be off. If a summoner makes such a major oversight, it could simply be that numbers are not their strength; provide examples to existing champions with similar abilities so that the Summoner may have a reference point.

- Neutrality: The purpose of a review is to help a fellow Summoner's idea grow, not to force your opinion upon them. If you provide a suggestion for improvement and it is denied, do not take offense or try to press the issue; in the end it is the Summoner's choice to accept the help they are offered.

- Coverage: No worries! You don't need to write an essay. =P All you need to do is touch on the basic points, outlined in the format below.

Quote:
Overall Theme: Does this character make sense? Is this character relevant to the League of Legends World? Do the abilities function well with who the character is?

Ability Reviews: You don't have to be a number whiz to review abilities; do these abilities have a sense of synergy as an overall kit? Do they function with the intended role? Crucial: Are they simple enough? Overly complex mechanics can be the downfall of an idea. How can a complex ability be streamlined?

If you are more comfortable with numbers, feel free to offer balance advice. It is oftentimes helpful to explain why a stat is under or over-powered; a simple way to do this is to refer to an existing champion; "X champion has a similar ability, and it does Y. You can add/subtract Z to this ability to make it more balanced."

Lore: Look for spelling/grammer/syntax errors where you can, as well as point out any inconsistancies in backstory. Good lore should answer the following questions; "Where did this champion come from?" "Where do their powers/skills come from?" "Why are they joining the League?"

Closing: Sum up and clarify your review, state the strongest and weakest points of the concept, encourage the Summoner to continue investing effort into their idea.
List of our members and what they are good at:
Please be patient if it takes us a while to get to your champion for reviews, in depth reviews take a while and we some time collaborate on champion reviews.

FlamesofTerror- Everything but judgments

MadHatterSyndra- Numbers

Jaykoboy- [unknown]

Photomancer-Lore, style, thematics, literary blabla (everything except extensive balance)

Ploki122- number crunching and overall ability concepts with their tie-nin to the lore (good with everything)

Poet Ultima-judgments, everything but numbers

The Blawnzed Elf- [unknown]

Havoc202- Numbers

If you want to link a review you received in this thread, the process is simple:
1) Find the page in your thread that the review was made on and copy the url.
2) Paste the url into a url tag in your forum post to this thread.
3) Append #post to the end of the url.
4) Go back to the review and click on the quote button, this should open up a post page with the quote inside.
5) Look for the following "[QUOTE=name;numbers]"
6) Copy ONLY the numbers and paste those after the #post in your url.
7) Close out the url tag, you have now successfully linked to the review.
(Thanks Chamenas)

NEWS!
Attention!

A few Council members have unfortunately left our ranks due to extenuating circumstances. We wish them the best and hope to see them ambling around the forums in the future!

While sorry to see them go, this does open up opportunity for other Summoners to take up where they left off! If you had a previous interest in joining the Council but we turned you away in the name of faculty limitations, now is your chance!

We have three empty spots currently. If you want to make the forum a better place and help your fellow summoners better understand the methods of champcrafting, we invite you to apply!

There is of course an initiation in place. If you want to join, please select 2 out of the following 4 concepts to review. These concepts are pretty polished already; they have been hand-selected to provide a challenge, so be prepared. Note that we are looking for quality in these reviews, as well as insight and applicable knowledge. I advise you not to rush. Refer to the review guide in the first post of this thread for some general reviewing tips. Also note that a review does not necessarilly need to point out faults; if you can't find anything wrong with the concept, don't strain to expose flaws that aren't there. Instead, review what works and why it works.

The list of reviewable concepts is as follows:

Virgil - The Wandering Storyteller
Kiara - One With the Void
Kafkar - The Elemental Scholar
Arilian - Queen of the Elements

Once you have finished your reviews, please provide links to them as well as links to any of your own work. I also suggest providing a short bio about yourself; what are your skills? Your interests? How long have you been a part of this forum? How long have you been playing LoL/MOBA's? What is your grestest design strength? Your greatest design weakness?

We will stop accepting applications in 1 week's time (Wed, October 10th). At this time we will hold a meeting and vote internally on the three most qualified candidates.

GL&HF!!!

~ Poet

h0vlol

10-11-2012

Need reviews List- (Yes I know there are no links. It will just help people know that we have thier champion creation)

Crepe, the Cheerful Bomber -Endertome
Miyo, Brave Fencer of Ionia -PaperAceChase
Kagu, Last Hope of the Palakang -Kazrah Galefist
Blaise, The Zealous Exterminator -TeaCrusader
Rolos, the Magistrate of Demacia -BigBenClockTower
Fola, the Eccentric Scientist -Chamenas
Tome, The Necromancer -FelixKam
Kabda, the palantir's Edge -Gundenspand
Harkew, the Black Wall -matrixEXO
Salphamite, The Monolith's Praetor -Styrgwyr
Rak'wrel, the Voidspurned -Bioraptr
Holloway, The Piltover Pugilist -Whalecore
Xyr'khyt, The Storm Harbinger -Varnoc
Xiron, The Crystaline Warden -Varnoc
Crepusculum, The Twilight Knight -Varnoc
Artemis, The Elemental Bladedancer -Varnoc
Zarek, the Kinkou Gadgeteer -Dokueki Kenshin
Maim, the Merciless Subjugator -matrixEXO
Viktor, the Machine Herald -matrixEXO
Moat, the Combat Medic -matrixEXO
Hawk, the War Machine-matrixEXO
Catheeb, The Sandwalker -Icraig33
Tix, the Alchemist's Apprentice -Jman650

matrixEXO

10-11-2012

Thanks for the update!

Sinspurch

10-11-2012

I know my http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2371582 was on that list. I never got a review from this council. : l

iZianni

10-12-2012

Still doing Miyo, The Brave Fencer.

Icraig33

10-12-2012

Aight, so I reviewed a champion as asked by you guys. The guy I reviewed was Holloway, The Piltover Puglist by Whalecore:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2630338 (and in my opinion, this one is a keeper)

If you need me to do anything else, let me know!

h0vlol

10-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by matrixEXO View Post
I need you to brush your reviewing skills up. And the way you review was terribad. It doesn't clearly break down the skills and theme and show a cross-examination of it and the overall verdict after that.
Oi Matrix...No...No...No..No...don't say that to people its mean. Killing people with kindness is better than that.

WindsofDemise

10-13-2012

To begin here with a few points.

=============

1: Matrix you aren't part of council, and your words appear misleading people to believing you are. I would like to ask you to clarify that you aren't to avoid misunderstandings.. If you want to join us we do have an application process, and ARE looking for new members.

2. Icraig while your review wasn't perfect it was following the style that you choose to use at the time. I know the feeling of wanting to do a review, but not having enough material to work with. Don't bother defending yourself from people just say "To each his own."

3. Arguments are never helpful to a thread except as a bumping mechanic, and those I only agree with IF they are useful to the creation of a concept. Telling a fellow Designer, Reviewer, Member in general that they aren't doing something right isn't going to help them. We each have our own style of doing things, and polite comments and direction are what is needed to help people improve. I'm not saying sugar coat it. I'm saying being honest without being derogatory towards each other.

4. We are all here, and because of that, we are all members of the same group. If you work on a project with a group, in this case it's the forums and the concepts within them, you hurt the group's progress by being unnecessarily negative to someone or something. Granted there are a few concepts (trolls ones and the like) that need not comments, but straight down votes.

======================

Your's in Fellowship,

Flames of Terror

Note: I'm using Wind's account because mine is glitching out.

Icraig33

10-13-2012

aight, sounds good. I didn't mean to sound like a jerk, so i'll go ahead and delete my posts (even I admit that it's a waste of space, Now that I think about it).