New Forum For Military and Veterans!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Numnumss

10-16-2012

I think you guys are nuking the **** out of this post. Its not a forum too keep you seperated its a forum to have military personnel meet up and be able to play league with each other and exchange storys. Theres no "speical benefits" to this group its just people trying to meet up and have a good time.

Revenantninja

10-16-2012

I really don't understand why people are taking this as a personal attack on you, or what you've done in your life. There really is no reason for this amount of flak on a simple matter of looking for people that have been through similar experiences to play with.

This is somewhat mind blowing how high on the "soap box" some people are. If you wonder why people don't want to play with much of the LoL community, look at the posts here. It shows random, blind rage towards a potential meeting of like minded people. Some even calling all of us "mass murderers" even though most of the service really don't get close to combat. This type of ignorance is dangerous for a few reasons.

I would ask you to examine exactly WHY you're "hating" or disliking a post before you do it. We don't want any special privileges, nor special treatment from anyone in the community. I've never asked for that, nor would I. This isn't about you, it's about other people trying to collaborate. Sorry if you can't be included in everything, but that's just life.

Randakarian

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-16-2012

lol, another armed forces member who thinks that being in the armed forces gave them something in common with others that's worth of note.

Revenantninja

10-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verandriel View Post
I don't have anything against people who have served in the military; I just dislike when they mention they've been in the military to try to get free stuff/sympathy/etc.
No one is looking for that, a few of us are looking for more military persons to play with, what's so bad about that? I play with all types and sorts on LoL already. Why is this such a massive deal to people that don't know me, nor know my friends?

Stormsurgez

10-16-2012

Military service has nothing to do with LoL...

facetious

10-16-2012

Segregation! It worked so well a century ago, let's try it again!

babyriots

10-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by eceto View Post
While i have nothing against veterans, I dont agree with this. Its the same as asking for a girls only forum, a blacks only forum, and gays only forum, While I have no problem with any of the above, making minority only forums is wrong. If you want to have something, go do it yourself, but dont force other 2 deal with it.
No one forced you to look at this thread, so how is that making you "deal with it"? And since when was having a military background considered a minority? That would be quite offensive to someone who actually was a minority to lump a profession in as a minority. And since your so concerned about us creating a "minority forum" (that is still just so wrong sounding in this case you have no idea) then I hope you are spending just as much time, if not more dedicated to stopping discrimination in your own community since you are so concerned over INTERNET "discrimination". There are so many positive things that can come from having the opportunity to communicate with other military members on LOL, but all of this negativity from the community over something innocent and good intentioned is just showing the toxicity of some of the people in the community. Please take your huge ethical concerns for something as trivial as this and devote it to real world problems, not the fact that a few men and women serving want have the ability to communicate with each other.

babyriots

10-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verandriel View Post
I don't have anything against people who have served in the military; I just dislike when they mention they've been in the military to try to get free stuff/sympathy/etc.
Where and when did anyone mention that they wanted "free stuff, and sympathy" ? Not anywhere. The whole point was just to connect people via social media. And how is us building our own site and putting in the effort to get it started anything close to free?

Enofel

10-16-2012

I hope people are realizing that he isn't asking riot to make a forums specifically for military servicemen.

He created his own and is pooling around to see who is part of the military and would like to join

babyriots

10-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aria Sachou View Post
I'll be honest here (and I'll probably post this as an individual thread to get this point out if it gets too out of hand)

I don't mind.
Therefore I have absolutely nothing against this idea.
It is great that people can find others that know what hardships they go though and have time to play together.
The military is a hard place to be in, for some, the schedules are tough, and discipline is rough. For those who have been out in fights, videogaming is a great way to let out some stress or bad memories.
Therefore
I think it is a good thing to have a site where you can play with people who understand what you have gone though and respect that. Playing together is fine, getting together to talk about the military's harsh times and good times are also fine, especially when you have a game like LoL to amplify/lessen the victories/defeats during your time in the military.

The military have my respect as people who are willing to fight for their country (despite some of the lesser acts the military have committed, I'm sure most of the people playing LoL, never had a hand in/never wanted it to happen.)

So go ahead and make a site or whatever you want, nothing really is stopping you, it shouldn't be negative in anyway.

However
As a group you should be making a neutral or positive impact on the LoL community and yourselves.
But this leads me to a less bright topic.
In making this site and gathering other military members together, you should not be asking for anything extra than the average LoL player. Don't let your pride or accomplishments get to your head.
This group should not be asking for any advantages or feel/act more "exclusive" than any other LoL player.
In other words, no abuse simply because of profession and status.

TL;DR
You as members of the military have our respect
But we also deserve your respect
This group has claimed nothing other than to be wanting to make a positive impact, and it already has through reaching out to disabled vets who want to meet other military personnel on league of legends. As much as this is a fun thing for us to do, it is also a service to our less fortunate peers.
Also, pride and accomplishments? Really? I know you probably did not mean it this way, but the way you worded that is very insulting to both enlisted and officers alike. I can honestly say that the majority of the individuals who serve have not done so for any form acknowledgement. We don't serve because we want something back, it's from a sense of calling. Not everyone has that calling, and that's perfectly fine! But please be more sensitive in your wording since we have not asked yet one time for some extra benefits or privileges, we just devoted our own time and energy to create something positive for the military community. And of course we respect you! Everyone is a piece of the puzzle that keeps our communities running and no one person is less important then another!