New Forum For Military and Veterans!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Axiom Prime

10-15-2012

We don't ask anything other than to be a veteran or active duty military member. We haven't asked for any advantages either, there seems to be some misleading posts popping up. Never once has anyone said we should have a special forum on the LoL Web forums. We created our own, and yes you will probably be asked about your service as we want to make sure that no one is abusing our kindness and faking being something they aren't. I'd hate to reference the Stolen Valor act but hey...it is what it is.

We are exclusive to Veterans and Active/Reserve Military members, just as much as any other team is exclusive when they recruit by ELO ranking or any other standard they set. If you have a problem with this feel free to pass on by. If you're a Military Veteran or Active Service member from any branch and looking for a place to hang out, find well organized team play, and a relaxed environment hit us up.

And for the record, not a single one of us cares what your opinion is. If you feel we're mass murderers and hate us and everything we stand for good on you. Your opinion means very little to those of us who know what we've done. This post and thread is merely here to give other Veterans a chance to find a group to hang out with, learn, and play. What you think of us for doing so means little to nothing.

Aria Sachou

10-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by VargasX87 View Post
We don't ask anything other than to be a veteran or active duty military member. We haven't asked for any advantages either, there seems to be some misleading posts popping up. Never once has anyone said we should have a special forum on the LoL Web forums. We created our own, and yes you will probably be asked about your service as we want to make sure that no one is abusing our kindness and faking being something they aren't. I'd hate to reference the Stolen Valor act but hey...it is what it is.

We are exclusive to Veterans and Active/Reserve Military members, just as much as any other team is exclusive when they recruit by ELO ranking or any other standard they set. If you have a problem with this feel free to pass on by. If you're a Military Veteran or Active Service member from any branch and looking for a place to hang out, find well organized team play, and a relaxed environment hit us up.

And for the record, not a single one of us cares what your opinion is. If you feel we're mass murderers and hate us and everything we stand for good on you. Your opinion means very little to those of us who know what we've done. This post and thread is merely here to give other Veterans a chance to find a group to hang out with, learn, and play. What you think of us for doing so means little to nothing.
I find nothing wrong with what you are trying to achieve (or what OP is trying to achieve)
But I do have a few things concerning the bolded area.
First off, I do not think you are mass murders as I have specified in my previous post. I have friends in the military too, I think one even went back to America and is currently working towards BUD training.
But for a group to stay standing you have to be somewhat concerned about what others think of you. That way it shows and moves you towards improving your group as a whole. Even if it is a group just having fun, if your actions overstep proper boundaries (in-game/community actions), you can be sure there will be a movement to try and shutdown the group, or group members getting discouraged and leave. So yes I think you should at least try to care a little about your image, even if it is just an image

Also for the underlined area. Is this guy a part of your group?

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2671915

He is kinda touching on the "asking for any advantages" part of both my post and your post with his emphasis of "Active Military Duty".
But I'll leave the details to OP and you.
I won't speak anymore of it unless I have to.

Good luck to your group and site, I hope you guys/girls have some great fun.

Axiom Prime

10-15-2012

To my knowledge no, he's not part of our group. And the "Your opinion means little to nothing" statement isn't directed at you, it's directed at the few morons that have posted in this thread with nothing but negative things to say about our service.

Our image is exactly what we want it to be, Military Veterans enjoying playing together. What the Civilian populace of the US may think, or what foreigners think about what we did and do means nothing.

StoneColdSteve

10-15-2012

but we like having you guys in GD! some veterans help to level out the entitled whiny children that litter this community.

Ethelon

10-15-2012

I don't see why some people went up in arms over this (no pun intended). Trying to find people that can relate with you isn't discrimination. People need to stop throwing that word everywhere just because they're excluded.

I respect that you guys want to play with people you can relate to. I don't see at all how that has anything to do with exclusion, and even if it did, I don't see why people even care. I'm not offended that I am restricted from sticking my head into a group of individuals that I can't relate to, or where people would be needlessly uncomfortable.

I'm sorry you guys got downvoted, and I appreciate what you guys have done / are doing. Best of luck to you.

Uke Yordle

10-15-2012

i respect this, i dont know who these instant downvoting trolls are but i wish you luck with your community,

Toxic Orb

10-15-2012

So does anyone know where all these trolls got off feeling like they were discriminated against? Does anyone even have an idea how many different clans/groups/guilds ect. that there actually are in LoL? One group thats dedicated to service members pops up and everyone is all up in arms. Give me a fkn break. Bunch of kids and trolls. Id like to join this group, because they believe what they are fighting for, and are proud of serving their country. I may be military too, so i can relate. Its clear to me that SOME of those not military simply cannot relate to what we go through. And thats one of the good reasons for this group of people. Hats off to you guys.

PorpoiseAlert

10-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by VargasX87 View Post
Cool story, I really hope you aren't implying we're like that though. As it looks quite a bit like you are, you should probably know that the United States Military is made up of pretty much every walk of life no matter what you think you know. As such, we're in no way, shape, or form discriminating against anyone that isn't as you described because the main priority is active duty or veteran status. Not race, creed, class, or sexual preference.
Coincidentally, all kinds of people play LoL. You're just discriminating against them for reasons that you view as valid and moral.

Zero Talent

10-15-2012

Segregating the community based on military experience.

Might as well start by segregating based on race, too?

Sorry, being military doesn't make you better than me.

Verandriel

10-15-2012

I don't have anything against people who have served in the military; I just dislike when they mention they've been in the military to try to get free stuff/sympathy/etc.