New Forum For Military and Veterans!

12345612 ... 15
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FrozenDeity

10-11-2012

i really don't get why this thread is getting so much hate,he's just trying to reach out to other vets who want to play this game with each other?

kooties

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-11-2012

DaDT

dumpweed

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenDeity View Post
i really don't get why this thread is getting so much hate,he's just trying to reach out to other vets who want to play this game with each other?
They are e-butthurt.

babyriots

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farrunner View Post
Finding common I interests is fine and I have zero problem with that. Creating exclusive clubs, on the other hand, is different. People dont like being left out or not allowed in because of something they cannot or have not had the opportunity to do. No where, absolutely no where in my post did I say I have any "beef" with persons in the service, so let's relax here and don't go around pitying people. Simply put, why can't we all enjoy the game as a whole?

The opportunity to become involved in the military is available to virtually anyone aside from people with medical disquals, so to say that people don't like being left out from something they cannot or have not had the opportunity to do well, then they can go join the military and then join the forum. It's not like this is a huge advantage that we get to be in the forum and they do not, it's just the only way we can actually find other people in the military who play this game since it is not necessary information given on your summoner profile.

The point of this is not exclusion, it is reaching out to a specific community so they can find other people who share that bond. If this forum was open to any and all, then how would it accomplish its goal of helping vets and active duty military personnel to meet and enjoy playing LOL together? Inevitably, in order to connect a group and allow them the space to meet each other in an organized fashion, some people are going to have to be left out. One thing that helps military personnel to stay involved in the civilian aspects life and to just release some of the stress of life is knowing that there are other people out there going through the same thing and that you can still just have some fun with those people, and this is just opportunity to do that! In the end, the game is available to be enjoyed as a whole and this is merely another social networking tool to create connections, not an intentional attempt to make people feel unwanted. I am sorry that this is a point of disagreement, I know the creator of the forum did not intend for this tension to arise, and neither did I.

420SWAGPOLICE

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-11-2012

you're prolly getting downvoted because no link bro

horrorTerrorist

10-11-2012

How condescending of you 0/10

Revenantninja

10-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farrunner View Post
Finding common I interests is fine and I have zero problem with that. Creating exclusive clubs, on the other hand, is different. People dont like being left out or not allowed in because of something they cannot or have not had the opportunity to do. No where, absolutely no where in my post did I say I have any "beef" with persons in the service, so let's relax here and don't go around pitying people. Simply put, why can't we all enjoy the game as a whole?
There's no problem with enjoying the game as a whole, I'll add you myself if that's the case and play some matches.

The issue comes in for when you're inhibiting the development of a community that doesn't have a place to go in order to find other people like them. Not everyone in league is similar.

Also, we were all once younger than the age of 16, (When you can drive in most states) 18 (When you can vote and are legally an adult), and 21 (When you're truly an adult and can buy alcohol). Just because you couldn't do these things while growing up didn't make you resent those people who were able to, now did it?

Not being "part" of communities abroad is something we should all be used to. Being an adult, I could understand why you wouldn't like this type of thinking, however I'm sure you can understand the want to play with persons that match your personality type.

Twillera

10-15-2012

While i have nothing against veterans, I dont agree with this. Its the same as asking for a girls only forum, a blacks only forum, and gays only forum, While I have no problem with any of the above, making minority only forums is wrong. If you want to have something, go do it yourself, but dont force other 2 deal with it.

fueled

Recruiter

10-15-2012

I served in the marines. I have 2 tours of Afghanistan and 1 tour of Iraq under my belt. I see no point in having a forum just for service members. We're not special. Our military service has nothing to do with league of legends.

Brazen Corsair

10-15-2012

Disregard children, acquire teammates. I will be adding you.

12345612 ... 15