Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

New Forum For Military and Veterans!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CourtOfMiracles

10-16-2012

Quote:
xXNomNomNomXx:
That's not special treatment though... I only duo/ranked 5's queue with people who i like. And it affects nobody. This is just a way for people to duo with like minded people.

If this said "Hey I want to play with My little pony fans! I created a forum for my little pony LoL fans" It would be upvoted like crazy.

Are you dying to duo with me that bad? Because you've never asked me before.

Want to bet? =p I think the teen angst driven 'hate-anything-that's-different' subset of the playerbase would downvote that into oblivion

Jonez v

10-16-2012

Lima
Oscar
Lima

Numnumss

10-17-2012

Quote:
msgerbs:
I'm sorry, but why do you feel like you're special within the context of League of Legends (an international community) just because you served in the US military?

Honestly I'm sick of people who think that because they could go through basic, and carry around a gun for a couple years, that they're special. I appreciate your valuable contribution to this country, but if you really did it for the country then why do you feel the need to be treated special?

really thats all you think it is? just basic then walk around with a gun... maybe you dont relaise the toll of always having to pack your **** up and leave at any givin time, or the long hard hours we work, or the horrific things we witness, or even the toll of being seperated from family and freinds for long periods of time. but i geuss all we do is just walk around with a gun for a couple of years so its no big deal...

Revenantninja

10-17-2012

Quote:
RobotDCLXVI:
At first I was skeptical, but you guys seem to be quite well-spoken and might actually be enjoyable to play with and even help me out with some vet related stuff.

Robot, add me in game so we can talk. I work for as a VA Veterans center case worker, I have a lot of resources if you need anything.

Crowcide

10-17-2012

As a vet myself, I really don't see the need to have a special military section/community for everything.

messymike

10-17-2012

lost me at maturity of service members...
atleast try to be honest...

Revenantninja

10-17-2012

Quote:
Crowcide:
As a vet myself, I really don't see the need to have a special military section/community for everything.

This is a completely voluntary thing, Riot isn't sanctioning a forum for military, and I wasn't asking for that at all. I had a post in which I asked what members played, or who wanted to. I ended up getting so large of an influx of friend requests that it seemed only natural to create a meeting place outside of these clunky LoL forums.

Not everyone is mature, not everyone is going to want to play with other vets/active service members, and that's alright. The wonderful thing about life is having choices, and if yours is to not play with other vets, then that's on you brother.

sandollor

10-17-2012

Quote:
Farrunner:
I dislike anything that segregates the community. Nothing personal, sorry friend.

Like elo?

sandollor

10-17-2012

Quote:
Farrunner:
Finding common I interests is fine and I have zero problem with that. Creating exclusive clubs, on the other hand, is different. People dont like being left out or not allowed in because of something they cannot or have not had the opportunity to do. No where, absolutely no where in my post did I say I have any "beef" with persons in the service, so let's relax here and don't go around pitying people. Simply put, why can't we all enjoy the game as a whole?

You want in this group? Find your local recruiting office.

Sn0wY

10-17-2012

if your here to feel like your a hero your a ****ing moron
if your a child playing soldier your a ****ing moron
if your not special forces or flying a jet or a tank your a ****ing moron
if your looking to the internet for anyone to give a RATS ASS ABOUT YOU BEING A SOLDIER your a ****ing moron.
My brother came back just fine, but he went insane and killed himself.