A Queue System Like Wow?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fellentier

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grollm View Post
Although I quit playing once Cataclysm launched, (because the idea of having to regrind and replace all the 264 and 277 items I had did not appeal to me at all), I really liked what they did with the queue system. So let's say you were a shaman, you could either queue as damage or healer or if you were a deathknight you could queue as tank or dps. So could Riot implement something like that for LoL? Where you could preselect your role BEFORE you queued? So you wanted to queue as top, you select top and you get paired with an adc, support, mid, and jungler? Obviously this is just a rough sketch of an idea but I think it would work to pair with you a team that wants to build a team and not just someone who auto locks whatever champ they feel like. Just a thought.
The problem with this though, which has been stated many times, is that it locks in a meta in an ever changing game.

I agree something should be done, but i'm not sure how this would work.

Grollm

10-11-2012

I know, but it's just frustrating when someone picks a role that obviously doesn't work. Like I had a nunu that went top against Olaf. And Olaf picked first. I don't if you can counter yourself any harder, haha.

gvaness

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0ad5 View Post
Maybe something like:
"support seeking: adc, mid, top, jungler"
"mid seeking: ....."

That way the players can chose and it isn't preset by the computer.... just another idea to help you along. But then again, who says there only has to be one person mid... (I know.. I know.. but the point of the matter is this doesn't have to be true).
There are chat channels in the lobby. Not sure why people don't use them to build a team.
This would be much better than forcing a current meta on the game.

Fellentier

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvaness View Post
There are chat channels in the lobby. Not sure why people don't use them to build a team.
Although I agree with this to an extent, I do have a hard time with recruting people through lobbies. That completely removes the elo aspect and you'l have some pretty wierd teams.

Grollm

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvaness View Post
That's actually a really good idea. I never thought about that.

Trox2142

10-11-2012

I think that a system like that would also take away from some of the strategy and teamwork, part of a good team is communicating roles in champion select, sacrificing and compromising in order to set up a good comp. A team with bad communication will loose anyway.