OK two questions:

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

McDouggal

10-18-2012

First one: Should I buy Alistar, Blitzcrank, or Nidalee as my next champion purchase?

Second one: Can someone give me a quick rundown of what jungler's basic objectives were? My impression was that a Jungler is supposed to get buffs/jungle creeps until they're level 3 or so, then give buffs to the laners and come around for ganks.

Reason I'm asking question 2; I just had a game where we had a Warwick (censored)ing around in the jungle for the first 25 minutes of the game, and wouldn't come to gank even when asked. I'm trying to figure out if I screwed up with my idea of what jungle is or what. I do at least expect a jungle to come and gank when asked nicely though.

TehJackAttack

10-18-2012

Blitzcrank is amazing, and a good grab can easily be the deciding factor mid-late game. On the other hand, if you grab the enemy Amumu, or Blitz, or Mundo (etc) you can really screw up your team.

My favorite support is Nidalee. I don't play her like a traditional support, I run Ability Power+ 25.6,Mana Regen+3.7 / 5 sec., and Magic Pen.+ 8.5 from runes. (flat ap quints and blues, mpen reds, mana regen yellows). I run 21/0/9 with standard AP mid masteries (mana regen, mana pool, buff duration)

Get spears first and max spears first. Build Philo and Kage's to finance your wards, then rush a deathcap for maximum spear damage. Use wards and your traps to control bushes, throwing maximum range spears to chunk 30% of the enemy HP at a time.

I feel like Nidalee spears are the hardest counter to an Alistar or Blitzcrank in lane because you can stay safely out of range and punish them with spears.

Q,E,Q,W,Q,R,Q,E,Q,E,E,R,E,W,W,R,W,W

Jungler's Priority list:

1. Controlling major map objectives (buffs, dragon, baron)
2. Helping team to ward key areas of map (tri bushes, dragon, baron, jungle entrances)
3. Maximizing benefit of buffs (giving adc red buff, ap mid blue buff)
4. Counter jungling, making the enemy team fall behind
5. Ganking over-extended lanes.

If you're in lane with low HP and calling for a gank, often times you may give the lane a double kill (and the jungler's buffs! God forbid you give a double kill and let the enemy ADC grab double buffs too)

DrRobotnik

10-18-2012

I bought blitzcrank a couple weeks ago and have only been able to play him 3 times. In my experience, he is banned 96% of the time. Of course you can play blindpick, but I have gotten a lot more trolls there.

In the rare event he isn't banned he can absolutely help destroy a lane and destroy a team fight, all with a properly placed grab.

You will get to play Alistar more and he can be just as dominate with a pulverize/headbutt combo

ArkLight1x1

Recruiter

10-18-2012

Nidalee is a great poke support champion, but I feel that Alistar or Blitzcrank could be a more viable
support if that's what you're going for because Alistar and Blitz both have that ability to tear enemy champions off the ad carry and if you play Ali well (using your flash and exhaust to headbutt enemy adc into yours away from their support) then you can easily get a lot of kills and scare off the bot lane. Also late game Alistar's tankiness often scares people into attacking him or using vital abilities (This doesn't really apply in higher elo) And Blitzcrank is made of CC sooooo. But Nidalee, even with great damage cannot assist the adc in getting away besides the bushwacking and maybe an exhaust.

Also the jungler has the responsibilities of warding the jungle(mostly entrances and buffs which the support can help in warding) and also sharing his jungle with the team.(Giving adc red buff apc blue buff etc. BUT If I'm playing a heavy mana reliant jungler like Amumu or Diana, I like to take the second blue only if the mid lane is doing good and generally winning lane but this is very conditional like if I really need EXP, Gold, or I'm running out of mana quickly in team skirmishes.) He also should gank lanes or cover lanes if someone needs to back.(Duh) Counterjungling is a part of being a jungler and should be treated as a form of laning phase for the 2 junglers.

McDouggal

10-18-2012

Thanks for your input guys.

When I called for ganks, both my support and I were at ~75% health, and pushed back to our tower. A gank could've destroyed them.

NukedWhale

10-18-2012

Blitz is typically banned in ranked games at my ELO (1100-1200) and Alistar is sometimes banned.