8 Out of 10 Dominion Games Had Someone AFK

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

lbgsloan

10-12-2012

Dominion also has major techincal issues with crashing on startup for some people. Players who actually care about the game will try to reconnect, but I would imagine at lower elo many people just go '**** it' and go do something else. If it was a script, Riot would probably catch it easily since AFKing in Dominion pretty much always causes a loss. Not hard to figure something's up if something has 50 losses in a row.

LZ06

10-13-2012

my blind pick queue times are usually 6-10 minutes (so certainly not low elo) and i've had six 4v5s in my last eight games. its most likely just an anomaly, but i've seen the same thing over the past 2 or 3 days

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LZ06 View Post
my blind pick queue times are usually 6-10 minutes (so certainly not low elo) and i've had six 4v5s in my last eight games. its most likely just an anomaly, but i've seen the same thing over the past 2 or 3 days.
check your win ratio i had the same queue times when i was under 900 Dominion Elo because only dedicated dominion players can drop that low from 1200, sr trolls will play 4 games and get tired, others will troll up to there as someone already stated.

baleofvale

10-13-2012

Some days I have had that exact ratio 8/10 games with afks on my team. Then on another day, no afks/ 10 games.

I suspect it is related to time of day/weekday/weekend I am playing. I haven't done any tracking to back that up, so it just that, a suspicion.

I don't think it is technical/server/internet/global because it is not happening to everyone evenly. I've had 2 dcs over the space of several hundred games, spaced out over a year.

Why would someone personally go afk ? Personal/external reasons (dinner time, kid crying, parents pull plug, etc..), "IDW (its dominion, whatever", desire to throw team with certain summoner, desire to throw team with certain champ, using dom as a training ground, desire to aid other team, sr troll...

LZ06

10-15-2012

@Infirc - I'm currently sitting at 65 wins over losses and waiting over 10 minutes for a game of blind pick. I'm not sure what my rating is, but if I had to guess: 2k+

EDIT: 17 minutes and counting...

EDIT2: holy ****, someone dodged and my queue timer reset. i hope that doesn't mean i lose priority. -_-

WesIey

10-15-2012

good time to get better and practice 4 vs 5 games, sadly mates already gave up from the go knowing there are an afk, ofc sometimes you cant even get out of the fountain if there is 4 vs 5 but i've won some 4 vs 5 games, so much pressure

Sazdek

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-15-2012

I have an afker maybe once every 30 or 40 games now. It's likely your low elo.