A 30k fine is nothing compared to the punishment for Woong.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

a tiny ant

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite Midget View Post
One screw up shouldn't haunt a person for the rest of their life. You guys act like he killed someone.
If it were up to me his whole team would be disqualified for it. Right now they get no real punishment.
30K fine on prize money? They still get a ****ton of prize money regardless of this fine.

KongDongSui

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by xMamoo View Post
So as we know AzF was fined 30k of their winnings for cheating that impacted a part of the game.

Now most people would look at this as the worst thing that could have happened, but there's something people don't realize is that eSports in Asia are looked at as a artisan profession.

These players play for 10-12+ hours a day privately scrimming other Asian teams to develop strategies to use in tournament play.

They are all ran by managers who are extremely strict about the performance of their players. They are quick to drop anybody not pulling their own weight and this is where Woong comes into play.

Everybody cheering for Korea (AzF) to win the championship are most likely disgusted at Woong's decision to cheat and ping exactly where TSM was. *I don't care who would have won the match or not, so don't complain about TSM losing and stuff*

When the tournament is over, he'll most likely be fired from AzF and his reputation in the eSports community will be ruined throughout Korea. Something like this is a lot worse of a punishment for Woong then his team losing 30k.

TL;DR Woong's actions will leave him jobless, and his reputation in eSports will be ruined in Korea for cheating. No matter if they win the finals or not, he disrespected a sport taken extremely serious in Asian culture.
People need to stop calling lol a SPORT> Poker isnt a sport either.

Demosthenes

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-11-2012

Quote:
So as we know AzF was fined 30k of their winnings for cheating that impacted a part of the game.

Now most people would look at this as the worst thing that could have happened, but there's something people don't realize is that eSports in Asia are looked at as a artisan profession.

These players play for 10-12+ hours a day privately scrimming other Asian teams to develop strategies to use in tournament play.

They are all ran by managers who are extremely strict about the performance of their players. They are quick to drop anybody not pulling their own weight and this is where Woong comes into play.

Everybody cheering for Korea (AzF) to win the championship are most likely disgusted at Woong's decision to cheat and ping exactly where TSM was. *I don't care who would have won the match or not, so don't complain about TSM losing and stuff*

When the tournament is over, he'll most likely be fired from AzF and his reputation in the eSports community will be ruined throughout Korea. Something like this is a lot worse of a punishment for Woong then his team losing 30k.

TL;DR Woong's actions will leave him jobless, and his reputation in eSports will be ruined in Korea for cheating. No matter if they win the finals or not, he disrespected a sport taken extremely serious in Asian culture.
I can make **** up too.

PsychoB0b

10-11-2012

....Am i the only person satisfied with the punishment they got?

The fine, i think, is still appliccable....even if they lose. Ontop of that, it was one incident of cheating. You dont disqualify the entire team because of one guys mistake. Otherwise, championships would already be over. Its like ending the superbowl because one player on the team broke a rule.

Seriously, people complained when Riot didnt do anything....complained when they reviewed it, and did something....complained on the actions they took...complained on the fine...complained on not just disqualifying them....

Even though Riot had a set list of rules and guidelines to the tournament, nobody will ever be satisfied and continue posting "They should be disqualified!"

Which would lead TPA as the champs without any real final match.

Brobat

10-11-2012

You get what you deserve and their team deserved much worse than a 30K fine.

Zmasta2

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-11-2012

Quote:

still not enough punishment chop of his hands then it will be enough

DespicableBish

10-11-2012

while dyrus even when he admitted cheating via twitter he gets no punishment?

SavageMinnow

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite Midget View Post
One screw up shouldn't haunt a person for the rest of their life. You guys act like he killed someone.
It should, however, ruin his reputation within the discipline he's cheated in (esports.) You don't get to walk away from cheating in a world tournament like it's nothing.

guitarnoob16

10-11-2012

I never did care for who will win the finals but i must say i enjoy watching m5 and oddone and dyrus stream. Very entertaining, but AzF disgust me. cheating like that. I really hope they dont win. They dont deserve 2.

Arcane Azmadi

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Angel View Post
It's crazy with how much Riot has invested in the game, both financially and trying to get it to be treated as a legitimate e-sport, that they wouldn't of took a page out of Starcraft's book and invest in some booths or something.

It just sucks for everyone.
Truth, the way Riot organised this event was completely RETARDED. They didn't even have a time delay on the display, what the hell was that? The players could hear and see every reaction from the crowd. They didn't bother setting the screens up so the players COULDN'T see them, even though they realised that they would be able to (hence the reason they asked the players not to turn their heads for the entire games). It was like they were almost tempting the players to cheat. It's just so STUPID.