Caitlyn Or Vayne?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SeohyunBB

10-10-2012

So I've done some research and I seem to hear this:

Vayne: Great late game, but has horrible early game compared to other adcs
Caitlyn: Great laning phase, falls a bit late game

True?

Ayukura

10-10-2012

It always depends how you play both of them, and the match-ups.
If a Cait is fed early game, she is almost impossible to stop late-game. She doesn't really ever fall off if you play her right. (Personal Experience--Caits are just.. UGH.)
I rarely play bot, but there's been times where I've flashed, and a Vayne uses her tumble, condemn, and kills me.
I'd honestly look into both of their moves, gameplay, and see which one best fits YOU.

Mynt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-10-2012

To win as Caitlyn, it's not enough to just match your opponent. That's the mistake people make. You need to abuse the **** out of that extra 50~100 attack range to get in harassment wherever possible, and out farm your opponent.

Vayne's somewhat in the same boat in that if you just AFK farm, you're not going to win for free. Once in awhile, when the opponent's flash is down, or their support goes off to ward somewhere... you can really just pop R and go on them. They won't be able to run away (faster movement speed) and they won't be able escape (Pursue with tumble). So with Vayne, you win hard, or lose slowly; hence the myth that her earlier game is weak.

So with either character, it's not enough to just PvE the first 20 minute then dominate. But with each character you do have the tools to make your opponent's laning phase a living hell. You just need to do it.

Fiveofswords

10-10-2012

well no...vayne early game isnt so bad... thats jsut people trying to force a sense of equality among champs that isnt totally true
their feel is jsut different. Cait is mroe of a poke champ, vayne is a dogfighter. Cait uses range, vayne uses mobility. They can both kill stuff just fine but their method is just different...both early game and late game.

Sephïroth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiveofswords View Post
well no...vayne early game isnt so bad... thats jsut people trying to force a sense of equality among champs that isnt totally true
their feel is jsut different. Cait is mroe of a poke champ, vayne is a dogfighter. Cait uses range, vayne uses mobility. They can both kill stuff just fine but their method is just different...both early game and late game.
Cait's late game is the same as her early game. Use your range.

Though I agree Vayne's early and late game is incredibly different. Early game you take advantage of mistakes, late game you point and click on champion. If champion is not close enough, hit Q. Then click again. If they aren't dying fast enough, click faster.

LeBlonk

10-11-2012

Personally id say Cait. The fact that you are even posting this question suggests you are a beginner to either this game or this role. Cait is much easier to use, a lot safer with her trap placement, and has a form of escape via her 90cal net. Vayne on the other hand has a slightly worse early game (but not as bad as most people would like to think) but the problem comes during late game team fights, your range is so small you can easily be collapsed on by their front line. You cant just go to late game and do:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reimie View Post
late game you point and click on champion. If champion is not close enough, hit Q. Then click again. If they aren't dying fast enough, click faster.
You would get destroyed if your mechanics weren't extremely good considering to deal damage you must be in range for various forms of CC and damage from their front line. Of course this is all with reference to an enemy team with any game sense and know how to deal with vayne.

tl;dr, go with cait

WORST SUPPORT US

10-11-2012

People are going to suggest both as they are both good champions. However, it is all based on personal preference.

Caitlyn is a early-game strong champion. She has a strong early-game that makes up for her fairly weak late-game.
Vayne is a late-game strong champion. She has a strong late-game that makes up for her fairly weak early-game.

Personally, if you are new to AD carries I would suggest Caitlyn as she is easier to play. If you're experienced then choose whoever suits your needs.

Redyx

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reimie View Post
Cait's late game is the same as her early game.
Not true. Her early game shines because she controls the lane with her traps and range and has the net launcher on top of that to escape with. Her ultimate also suits the laning phase better too as outside it the chance for people to block her ultimate just becomes more greater once team fights occur.

It's not the same.

Quote:
Caitlyn is a early-game strong champion. She has a strong early-game that makes up for her fairly weak late-game.
Vayne is a late-game strong champion. She has a strong late-game that makes up for her fairly weak early-game.
Now this I agree with. I still wouldn't call Vayne that much of a weak early lane champ. She just scales and becomes so much better at late game.
Unlike Cait, Vayne's ultimate is always useful, as is her Q(tumble), it's always good while Cait's becomes nearly useless late game except for when throwing pokes.

Vayne is probably my favorite adc for many reasons but I still pick Cait often to be safe and make sure I win my lane.

Fiveofswords

10-11-2012

i wouldnt totalyl disagree with the various comparisons people make about laning phase vs teamfights...but I tihnk its all kindof ignoring important considerations about team composition. If your team has a very solid front line..and the carries are easy to protect, then cait would synergize well...something liek a cait ADC and lux APC on a team with very strong tanky front line with high distruption and you can poke people to death and your carries can jsut stand and shoot in safety.
however, if your team doesnt have this and teamfights involve a lot of running around, then vayne would be better....for example if the enemy team has strong initiation skills like malphite ult etc...then the back line is never really safe.

Sephïroth

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiveofswords View Post
i wouldnt totalyl disagree with the various comparisons people make about laning phase vs teamfights...but I tihnk its all kindof ignoring important considerations about team composition. If your team has a very solid front line..and the carries are easy to protect, then cait would synergize well...something liek a cait ADC and lux APC on a team with very strong tanky front line with high distruption and you can poke people to death and your carries can jsut stand and shoot in safety.
however, if your team doesnt have this and teamfights involve a lot of running around, then vayne would be better....for example if the enemy team has strong initiation skills like malphite ult etc...then the back line is never really safe.

I'm just curious how Vayne is more mobile than Cait? I think you have it backwards...

Cait can wall hop, she has a slow and a snare, and has a longer range than Vayne to stay safer...