windowed mode + mouse lock option?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Depravity

07-30-2009

would it be possible to make the game playable in a window and lock the mouse to not leave the window unless you alt + tabbed? i know you can do it for dota but it requires a 3rd party program to allow the mouse to lock, just thought it would be a cool option to not have to alt tab (and possibly crash) all the time

SilverSoultaker

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

07-30-2009

I also want this, as I frequently play in windowed mode, and it is very difficult for me to do other things while playing because of the mouselock.

Emrot

07-30-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Depravity View Post
would it be possible to make the game playable in a window and lock the mouse to not leave the window unless you alt + tabbed? i know you can do it for dota but it requires a 3rd party program to allow the mouse to lock, just thought it would be a cool option to not have to alt tab (and possibly crash) all the time
The game already does this for me. I've set it to windowed mode, and it captures the mouse so it can't escape the window.

hohums

Software Engineer

07-30-2009
1 of 1 Riot Posts

If its not capturing the mouse in windowed mode... a work around is to press escape to bring up the menu and then escape again. Bring up the menu will unlock the mouse while the menu is up. Also Alt+Enter will toggle windowed/fullscreen mode.

Emrot

07-30-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by hohums View Post
If its not capturing the mouse in windowed mode... a work around is to press escape to bring up the menu and then escape again. Bring up the menu will unlock the mouse while the menu is up. Also Alt+Enter will toggle windowed/fullscreen mode.
Alt+Enter is very bad for me. If I switch the game to windowed out of fullscreen, the game won't background properly. If I start the game up in windowed it behaves itself, though.

nDqA9g8fm1q3cHRT

Adjudicator

07-31-2009

search windows mouse clipper. It is used for warcraft windowed mode. It can act as a backup if your mouse does not catch and you don't want to risk doing stuff.

IS14176a9591ed17

04-19-2011

I also want this

Petercantropus

10-02-2011

there's this utility that worked for Warcraft 3 and should be game independent:
http://www.dota-utilities.com/2008/1...ows-mouse.html