[Guide] Honor and Crests

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fongletto

Senior Member

10-10-2012

So since the system has been out for a while now you may be wondering. What are those little ribbon looking things I see on the corner of some peoples names? Well they are crests and they are awarded to the people who are most honorable in a specific category. Knowing this now you might be wondering how you can obtain one for yourself? Well that's what I'm here for. Listed below will be some tips, tricks and info on how you too can become a LoL white knight.

Things you should know:
Crests. They are organized by categories. At the end of each game team mates can assign you honor points into one of the three team categories. Friendly, Helpful and Teamwork. Your enemies can also provide you honor points into the Opponent category.

If you receive a crest in one of the team categories, only your team mates will be able to see that crest. If you receive one in the Opponent category, only your opponents will be able to see them. If you receive multiple crests, only the rarest one will be displayed. In order of rarity it goes Helpful, friendly, teamwork.

Currently only 1% of players have a crest. Upon obtaining one you will get a big congratulation message when you next log in. However there is no way of checking after that to see if you still have it, short of asking other players.

Difference between Honor Points and actual honor!. If you go to your profile screen you can view your Honor Points in each of the categories they represent. HOWEVER these are not your actual honor value. There is no way to view your actual honor. It is possible to have 100 Honor Points in friendly and not have a crest. Where as another player might have only 10 but be sporting a crest. This is because of the maths behind the system.

Honor Point Values. From what we have been told and what we can discern given the limited amount of info we have at the moment. Obtaining honor from a premade friend is worth about 1/4 as much actual honor as from a random. So while your Friendly honor points may say 100. Your actual honor might only be a quarter of someone else who has got 100 friendly points from randoms.

Normalization. That is the amount of honor you receive is directly divided by the amount of games you have played. So if you have 100 friendly honor points and you have played 25 games. Your actual honor might only be a quarter of this again. You should know that normalization only started from when the honor system was brought out. So if you already had 1000 games played. Those will not be counted.

Amount of Honor Needed. The rough amount of values you will need should be around at least 1 honor point from a random in a specific category every game. This is very rough approximation. As the amount will differ greatly between each category and their rarities.

Things to Avoid:
AI games. This is because they are included in normalization. So you will not get any honorable opponent. (edit) According to reports more honors are given to team mates in bot games than normals though.

5man premades. If you are going for a green crest. Playing with friends is worth nearly no actual honor. Don't be mislead by your honor points. Even if all your friends honor your each game, you will likely not get honored and might possibly be looking at a ban for honor trading.

Honor trading. Do not offer to trade honor, this is reportable and you will lose your honor standing.

Being banned. If you are sent to the tribunal and banned for any reason you will lose ALL of your honor and have to start again.

Tips and Tricks:
Honorable Opponent is easiest to get when you have lost a match. Make sure you let the other team know in the post game lobby how well they owned you and how impressed you were by their skills for easy points.

Sticking up for people who are bad is a good way to secure one of the team honor points at the end of the game. Reassure bad players and do not try to help them as this will only be considered an insult.

Even if you are a rager and completely annoy the hell out of your team, you can still generally get a few honorable opponents as they can not see your team chat.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OverTheBlueSky

Senior Member

10-10-2012

Good guide, did not know about normalization , values, etc. thanks


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fongletto

Senior Member

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverTheBlueSky View Post
Good guide, did not know about normalization , values, etc. thanks
Thanks man I tried.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Brandi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-10-2012

Do you know if you have a crest? As in- can you see it yourself, or just your friends/opponents?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fongletto

Senior Member

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandi View Post
Do you know if you have a crest? As in- can you see it yourself, or just your friends/opponents?

If you obtain a crest when you log in you will get a big congratulation message saying you have obtained one. However there is no way to actively check after that.

edit: other than asking other players if they can still see your crest :P


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fongletto

Senior Member

10-10-2012

bump


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Doctor Dot

Senior Member

10-10-2012

I saw a ribbon on one opponent at the loading screen. It was tied to the corner of their champion portrait. Kinda gave the whole portrait an outline to make it look different from others, too. Very subtle, though it might've been one of those crests you're mentioning.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fongletto

Senior Member

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicDotBro View Post
I saw a ribbon on one opponent at the loading screen. It was tied to the corner of their champion portrait. Kinda gave the whole portrait an outline to make it look different from others, too. Very subtle, though it might've been one of those crests you're mentioning.
Yep, you'd be correct. The crests look like little ribbons on the top left of your portraits.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OXYCLEAN WORKS

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-10-2012

this guide is useless without a compendium of emotes to spam allchat with, since you're such a good sport.

^_^


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

veilside918

Junior Member

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fongletto View Post
So since the system has been out for a while now you may be wondering. What are those little ribbon looking things I see on the corner of some peoples names? Well they are crests and they are awarded to the people who are most honorable in a specific category. Knowing this now you might be wondering how you can obtain one for yourself? Well that's what I'm here for. Listed below will be some tips, tricks and info on how you too can become a LoL white knight.

Things you should know:
Crests. They are organized by categories. At the end of each game team mates can assign you honor points into one of the three team categories. Friendly, Helpful and Teamwork. Your enemies can also provide you honor points into the Opponent category.

If you receive a crest in one of the team categories, only your team mates will be able to see that crest. If you receive one in the Opponent category, only your opponents will be able to see them. If you receive multiple crests, only the rarest one will be displayed. In order of rarity it goes Helpful, friendly, teamwork.

Currently only 1% of players have a crest. Upon obtaining one you will get a big congratulation message when you next log in. However there is no way of checking after that to see if you still have it, short of asking other players.

Difference between Honor Points and actual honor!. If you go to your profile screen you can view your Honor Points in each of the categories they represent. HOWEVER these are not your actual honor value. There is no way to view your actual honor. It is possible to have 100 Honor Points in friendly and not have a crest. Where as another player might have only 10 but be sporting a crest. This is because of the maths behind the system.

Honor Point Values. From what we have been told and what we can discern given the limited amount of info we have at the moment. Obtaining honor from a premade friend is worth about 1/4 as much actual honor as from a random. So while your Friendly honor points may say 100. Your actual honor might only be a quarter of someone else who has got 100 friendly points from randoms.

Normalization. That is the amount of honor you receive is directly divided by the amount of games you have played. So if you have 100 friendly honor points and you have played 25 games. Your actual honor might only be a quarter of this again. You should know that normalization only started from when the honor system was brought out. So if you already had 1000 games played. Those will not be counted.

Amount of Honor Needed. The rough amount of values you will need should be around at least 1 honor point from a random in a specific category every game. This is very rough approximation. As the amount will differ greatly between each category and their rarities.

Things to Avoid:
AI games. This is because they are included in normalization. So you will not get any honorable opponent. (edit) According to reports more honors are given to team mates in bot games than normals though.

5man premades. If you are going for a green crest. Playing with friends is worth nearly no actual honor. Don't be mislead by your honor points. Even if all your friends honor your each game, you will likely not get honored and might possibly be looking at a ban for honor trading.

Honor trading. Do not offer to trade honor, this is reportable and you will lose your honor standing.

Being banned. If you are sent to the tribunal and banned for any reason you will lose ALL of your honor and have to start again.

Tips and Tricks:
Honorable Opponent is easiest to get when you have lost a match. Make sure you let the other team know in the post game lobby how well they owned you and how impressed you were by their skills for easy points.

Sticking up for people who are bad is a good way to secure one of the team honor points at the end of the game. Reassure bad players and do not try to help them as this will only be considered an insult.

Even if you are a rager and completely annoy the hell out of your team, you can still generally get a few honorable opponents as they can not see your team chat.
I got the honorary opponent badge but I can't seem to see the red ribbon when in champion select or in the loading page. I already received the sword animation popup(which is awesome by the way) but nothing else. Please help