Urgot (Splash) 0 0%
Vladimir (Splash) 0 0%
Warwick (Both) 6 10.71%
Xin Zhao (Splash) 0 0%
Zilean (Both) 4 7.14%
Other (Specify in thread) 6 10.71%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

The Champion Rework Thread

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Stylvan

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNarya View Post
Somone should start a community driven voting system that prioritizes reworks. We'd look at that for sure. We do separate base champs from skins while doing reworks. That's simply because there are so many skins it's gonna take us awhile. Base champs we can cover more quickly though each splash takes a lot of time!
So, here it is. After reading that, and knowing for some time that the community should help decide too, I decided to make this thread. Now, I've gone through every single champion in the roster and looked them over. I've also seen all champions in game, so I know what comes to mind when I look them up in a splash art.

Some boundaries I want to layout first and foremost:

-"Rework"
I define rework, in this thread's sense, as doing new artwork and remodeling the in-game model of the champion. This is not "OMG [A] CHAMPION NEEDS A NERF!" "BUT [X] CHAMPION NEEDS A BUFF!" type thread. This is about the visual standpoint of these champions. This includes their spells and such, but is not excluded to them.

-Default splashes are the primary concern
Don't recommend a champion, or vote for them, only because one splash art (other than the default) looks "bad" to you. This is about defaults, for now, as they are an introduction to a champion and should be the fresh, exciting face a new player (to that champion or the game) sees.

-Splash art and in-game model differential
Some champions, I think, only need new splash art. Some champions already have new art but need new in-game models. Quite a few need both. In the poll I'm going to specify which need splash art rework and/or remodels. Say which you think is needed for the champion you vote for if it isn't listed on the poll.

-This is *my* opinion
If you have a champion that isn't up on this list, say so in this thread. List your reasoning why they should be added. Riot wants to hear this, as do other players. Especially if something was, you feel, missed.

Alright. Now that that is out of the way, I'm going to list my reasoning on why the champions I place up on the poll are there, and the reasonings behind why I think they deserve to be there and labelled as re-splashed or remodeled. The list will be alphabetical to make it easier. The paragraph-like spacing is for the same reason, to make it easier.

Reasonings:
Akali - Akali's model is fine for now, her default art is quite low quality. Not the worst, but still needs updating.
Alistar - This guy needs a remodel more than new art. I reached for both because, while still quite good, his artwork is a bit behind. If he gets a remodel, he should get new splash art, too.
Anivia - She needs both. Badly. Random blue stuff in the background is sad. In-game her blocky-ness and outdated abilities stand out.
Blitzcrank - I only recommended his splash because it's also lackluster. His model goes well in-game, as well as his spells. They're outdated, sure, but at this point he's not in need of a remodel.
Cho'Gath - Another piece of art in DIRE need of help. In-game, his abilities and such aren't perfect, but at this state they don't need upgrading... yet.
Dr. Mundo - I chose remodeling because he's starting to look much different, as well as VERY low quality, from his artwork. I wouldn't hold him in high regards of needing it, but down the road it should be addressed.

Evelynn - Her artwork is sad. Her new spells look great in-game (good job, guys!), but her model does need updating.
Fiddlesticks - Another low quality model. A tiny little crow that flies around? Meh. And a colorful circle on his ground as an ultimate? More meh.
Garen - His splash is much more helpless than his model. Down the road I can see him needing a new model, but not at this point.
Gargas - Moar low quality artwork. It needs updating.
Heimerdinger - Low quality art, again. In-game, his abilities and turrets look so squared and blocky. He needs both.
Karthus - More sad art. The background isn't even a background. It's just a random color.
Kassadin - Another one lacking a background.
Kennen - There's a nice moon there, but where's the floor? What's around him? Update, please.
Malphite - Another single-colored background. I think his model is slightly in need of an update, too, but his artwork is a much higher priority as it's in a sad state.

Master Yi - One of those increasingly rare champions with squares for feet. Personally, I think his model isn't tooooooo bad, but it does need updating. His splash art does, too. Very, very much so. It's on the level of Cho'Gath, Nunu, Heimer, Malphite, etc.
Mordekaiser - Not too long ago, this guy was given new (or seemingly new) art. It looks well done. Now if only his cape didn't sway side to side so oddly.
Morgana - I thought her "old" art was decent. Her old, old one was horrific. This new one is alright, but her in-game model is still terrible. She looks like a sad angel, not a "RAWR, I BURNT MY COOKIES!" angel.
Nasus - Another Cho'Gath-like background. It needs help. His model is quite sad, too. Help this curator of the sands find salvation, and a new brother.
Nidalee - She's on that /sigh level where you want to play her because of the fun times you had with her, but that other, newer female champion is so much shinier. She's in dire need of attention to both.
Nunu - Blocky bolts of ice aren't fun. Neither are oddly waddling yetis. He's also on that poor art level of just a single-colored background. Save him, please! Before the yeti gets angry!
Olaf - This one was a hard pick for me. I don't play Olaf, personally, but his artwork definitely shows it's low points. In-game, his particles and model are lackluster as well. I don't think he's a high priority, but the need is there.

Orianna - A robot in some sort of abandoned church. Or is that a cathedral? I can't tell. Wait, what's she doing there in the first place?!
Poppy - Mm. Lava-or-maybe-forge-like-blobs in the background. I love those.
Rammus - Another single-color background. His in-game model and spells aren't so bad, but do need a gander. His splash is much, much worse, though.
Shaco - This joker is too good for the background he's given. That's the priority, I believe. Again, not as bad of an in-game model, but his magic tricks only help out so much.
Shen - Aw, come on. Akali and Kennen get better backgrounds than this fellow ninja. I mean, arcing lightning is cool... but it could be cooler. Way cooler.
Singed - Well, it's obvious he's being chased by an enemy team. Or he's just gas-y. Needs better quality. In-game, he matches his artwork quite well. He does look a bit outdated, though.
Sion - I shouldn't have to explain his artwork. It speaks for itself. In-game, he looks off. He also looks like he's holding a toy axe... that he tries to connect to your face bone.
Sivir - Her "new" art is well done. Colorful, decent quality. However, in game she's just sad. She joins the ranks of Yi, old Twisted Fate, and Nidalee. Maybe she could get proper-fitting skirt/sash armor thingy, too.
Taric - Needs a good remodel. While he's decent now, he still falls behind. More block-like spells is not a good thing, especially when his crystals keep popping out of the ground. His artwork isn't too bad, but could use help, too.

Tristana - Her artwork is so boring. Yes, she just fired her cannon. But... uh, that's it. She's somewhere with brick flooring, I suppose.
Twitch - He needs a remodel. Plain and simple. His "new" art is well done, now let us match it with the model.
Udyr - Amongst the ranks of those in dire need of new splash art. His in-game model isn't toooo bad, like previous champions I've stated. However, he could use some smoothing.
Urgot - Needs help on both ends. Low-quality splash art as well as his in-game model/spells.
Vladimir - Another low quality splash. His model and spells in-game are done quite well. But his art, ugh.
Warwick - Again! That single-color background. He's also quite squarish in-game. It's only right he gets an update now that Soraka did, anyways.
Xin Zhao - Low quality art. He's decent in it, but a hazed background and darkness is lackluster.
Zilean - His artwork is okay. It's shiny and colorful, but can be improved. It should be if he gets his needed remodeling in-game. His bombs don't look like actual bombs, anyways. And his 2D clock-like spells are sad.

Honorable mentions - Those that were cut due to shortening the list and not as needing as others:
Irelia, Jarvan, Karma, Maokai, Nocturne, Riven, Sona, Swain, Veigar.

I want to hear all of your ideas, thoughts and opinions about other champions. As long as they're respectful, constructive and helpful to the thread!

johnnybravo2

10-10-2012

We need a kayle visual rework.Her splash art is fine, but her in game art is just bad.Same with sivir.

CowMeat

10-10-2012

Karma needs an ability rework.

She has the lowest win rate.

http://www.lolking.net/charts?region...e&range=weekly

Stylvan

10-10-2012

This isn't about changing abilities and buffing/nerfing. This is about the visual appearance of the champions.

urmamasllama

10-10-2012

kayle already had one man. she used to be awful.

Suit of Clubs

10-10-2012

I also thought this was an ability rework thread...should make title clearer...

Anyway someone please update Nid's feet so she doesn't look like bigfoot :/

Stylvan

10-10-2012

I'd update the title if I could. But, if you're voting for a champion and says "Splash" or "Remodel" after their name, isn't that a little odd? Why would that be there? Investigating 3 paragraphs in explains the answer, quite quickly.

Battle Mage Kaze

10-10-2012

I think Zilean needs a rework. He's like the new eve dying in 3 hits early game.

Stylvan

10-11-2012

Haha, again. This isn't an ability update. Just visual.

Macademics

10-11-2012

Heimers going to win. ^.^