Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

@Ezreal

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Onlyashadow

09-27-2010

Hi Ezreal, I've never seen you before.

My interest lies in the older unreleased champions, without naming anyone specific, or a specific timeframe, are any of them planned to be released?

Also it seems like you guys fix balance problems with nerfs, any plans to release/rework champions to counter other particular champions or playstyles?

Mr Fehr

09-27-2010

So, you designed all of my favorite champions? You're the bomb man.

Seargent Hatred

09-27-2010

How do you feel about giving champions that you design DotA spells?

Is Riot completely opposed to straight DotA ports (i.e. Lion -> Witch Slayer in HoN)?

Do you generally design characters around a unique ultimate idea or is the process more holistic?

MeanNoob

09-27-2010

Who in the Riot staff including yourself has the most say in terms of what gets into the game and does not?

Can you over ride other people or vice versa?

Garion

09-27-2010

is Irelia gonna be out soon?

just askin :P

Kirche

09-27-2010

What type of weapon will the "Sniper" champion be using?

Ezreal

Senior Recruiter

09-27-2010

Quote:
Knote:
Since you seem to have worked on certain champs that have a playstyle I enjoy.

Will there be any more long range skill shot champs (Sniper-esque) with some support? The initial AP ezreal was pretty close to what I was looking for : Squishy/Skillshots/Long Range/Support/Assist Dmg (Was Bursty)

Haven't tried AP Kog but doesn't seem like an optimal thing to go with on him, since he's really just about his ult (which looks fun). And the closest thing I have now to what I like is AP Nidalee, who has longe range hard hitting javelins (absolutely love it), heal support, and trap utility. But that's just half a champion unfortunately and I doubt it will be buffed w/o courgar in mind.

And of course my favorite from dota for similar reasons (Windrunner). The versatility is also a huge plus.

Of course don't confuse this with the actual "Sniper" from DotA. God awful boring auto attack champs are a big NO-NO. lol

I have plans on making a Sniper character who actually has traits of both dota sniper and windrunner. I also feel that auto attack champions are boring (though essential to teaching new players how to play the game). That being said, I don't think she'll have too much support...Sniper doesn't mesh well with support to me.

Quote:
EquisScry:
Do you have a thing for Taric? Or maybe even Gangplank?

But actually, can you walk us through a day at your job? Knowing what you guys do during your 8 hours at work is normally pretty interesting.

It's pretty different on a day to day basis. Some days are riddled with meetings (what new champion concepts should we go with, what balance changes do we want to make, what new teemo skins are still available), while others I can concentrate on coding new champions and items. Though there are some daily staples like Riot's mandatory company playtest where everyone plays the game. Designers also do a second designer playtest on upcoming content to hopefully catch balance problems (sorry for Xin'Zhao, Test Realm was down).

Quote:
Grafx:
What are the plans for urgot? right now he's considered a champion that is a super creep and poses no threat

We're trying to find a role for Urgot, as currently he has none. This might take a bit more time since Urgot's original owner is now working on something new and interesting.

Grafx

09-27-2010

what happens when game designers conflict over an idea or decision on a champion? how it solved?

Leib Olmai

09-27-2010

Quote:
ezreal:

=-d i get that a lot. Just wait till you see aeon ;-).

moar info please !!!!!!

Reversed HD

09-27-2010

Do you plan on adding in the Cat Girl Ezreal skin? I would seriously pay 2k RP for it. It's amazingly made.