Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

@Ezreal

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Racist Grandpa

10-07-2010

Renekhton, I demand a thorough explanation.

Ps.Were having a silly convo over in the EU public chat and... Have you ever thought about a boss/jungle minion that would appear in the map at random places at random times?

GunnaGitcha

10-07-2010

I'm still drunk from last night and have blood on my hands that I don't believe is mine. What should I do?

Melanchior

10-07-2010

what gender is Ezreal ingame?

Rewyn

10-07-2010

Quote:
Ezreal:

I agree for the most part on Akali. I want to see her a bit more survivable so she can be used more in top tier play, but I wouldn't do something as large as making her ultimate ally targetable.

You just pinpointed my number one problem with Akali, her stealth bubble lets her restealth too quickly (we'll likely be hitting this one).

As an primary Akali player, reading this scares me a bit. I would love to see Akali's survivability increased, but its hard to see her re stealth being lowered. I just feel that once Akali appears in her bubble as it is, she is focused in any multi champion engagement, so it is hard for me to imagine what kind of survivability she would need to compensate for that.

I however would utterly love to see her a bit less squishy so as you said, she can enter competitive high level play. Unlike Kassadin she has no built in escape, so when she commits she...well..commits.

Some ideas however if you do go this route(these ideas are not necessarily cumulative and all assume a new delay on Akali re entering stealth) :

Spell Vamp Ratios on Crescent Slash improved against Champions (benefits her in team fights)

Spell Vamp Increased while within Smoke Cloud

Akali remains in stealth for an addition .5 second after leaving Smoke Cloud (helps in fleeing!)

Entering Stealth While in Smoke Cloud removes debuffs from Akalis (ala Black Shield) and substantially increases Akalis energy and health regeneration. Effects pause when Akali becomes visible.

----------

I would also really like to see Akali auto attack the targets of her shadow dance automatically without the need to right click the target. In hectic team fights its really annoying to shadow dance on my Mark of the Assassin Target only to have Akali auto attack someone else.

I agree that shadow dancing to allies might be to overpowering.

Anyhow, I feel akali is well balanced, but I would love to see her more tier 2 than tier 3 in terms of competitive play; right now the issue is that she goes squish against any competent teams; shadow cloud is her only real survivability and an easy counter. Most other 'melee' gankers have a built in escape (shunpo to allies, etc).

Rewyn

10-07-2010

On the subject of Akali;

Ezreal please consider the following

Pentakill Member: Drummer Girl Akali

Wearing goth/metal girl outfit, replace kama with drum sticks. She keeps the balance between light and darkness while also keeping a mean beat ^_^

(PS Akali really has some very poor skin choices. I love stinger akali but its really just a simple recolor).

Ezreal

Senior Recruiter

10-07-2010

Quote:
Tarias:
Can you tell something about when we can expect a new Tank?

I actually don't think we have a true tank coming out in the near future. We want to concentrate on making the older tanks like Alistar and Rammus more viable.

Quote:
sainthero:
Will AP ezreal be viable for solo queue again?

I hope so, you'll see next patch assuming the update is good. Though we won't be going crazy with buffs.

Quote:
D3AdlY REMiiX:
What programs do you use for designing and where did you learn it?
(If you can't tell I'm very interested in this!)
If working at Riot as fun as it sounds? And how often in an average day of work do you get to play the game?

For design, we use all of our own tools, though I concentrate on using what we call the block builder, which is essentially a lua scripting tool. If you want to learn how to use tools like this then I would refer you to a map editor like StarEdit.

It's a ton of fun, I wouldn't want to be anywhere else. I usually play 2 games at work a day, though I often stay late and play a few more...or go home and play a few more (my girlfriend always wants to play =-P).

Quote:
Upsilon:
Do you really think that buff to Sivir will make her good, because I sure don't. The problem with her is that she literally has to get in the middle of combat because of her piss poor range. On top of that her hp gain per level is horrendous, and her boomerang skill goes so slow an anivia without boots could easily dodge it early game with little to no timing.

/endsmallrant

We're certainly not trying to make her top tier in one go. Right now we're in the process of doing smaller tweaks on characters to massage them into the places we want them to be. Also, we increased her MS last patch, and would likely look at HP/lvl and boomerang speed in the future.

Quote:
Osaka Banchou:
Simple question, do you and the Riot admins play any other AoS?

We try all of the other AoS's out there, but I don't believe any of us have gotten addicted to them. Heck, I even played Starcraft II's version, it was kinda fun but utterly impossible to figure out what was going on...

Quote:
Ripzz:
Hmm soo I just realized we have no zombie champs...I don't consider amumu a zombie lol. We need a champ that raises the dead from the soil below haha! Has there been any talk about making a zombie champ or maybe even another skeleton?

Oh and btw Ez and Kog' are amazing!

Whoever made Ken big props to them!!! ^_^

I hope TF gets some love soon.

Heh, I originally designed a champ named Rob, the Zombie King, but we elected not to do him. Though there may be a certain zombie coming out in the near future ;-).

Quote:
Almighty1:
What do you think of buffing TF's attack range to 550? What about +0.1 damage/AP increases for WC and PaC?

Why is Sivir's attack range so low? Can't you increase it to 475-500 but keep the bounce distance at 400? With the spell shield dilemma, have you guys considered scaling the cooldown less (somewhere between 15 and 20 perhaps?) and refunding half of the cooldown on blocking a spell?

P.S. Imo this is the best @Red thread on the forums, and the first one I've posted in :P

Those are all potential options, but one thing at a time. Also, we increased her attack range last patch. As for the spell shield issue, we tried refunding half of the cooldown but decided that was the bad approach. Instead we just reduced the cooldown at all levels.

Quote:
Tarias:
Did you ever thought about a Samurai themed hero? I mean there are Ninja... there is a chinese warrior wheres the samurai?
(give him Iaido sword style and you can give him your loving teleport (or a very quick move) while is is drawing his sword)

Well, we actually had a double blade samurai at some point that was dropped out of development. Though he may come back some day...

Quote:
I Got Vent:
Hi Ezreal,thanks for your reply
So here is the old question asked many times before:
Tryndamere's spnning slash's effect range doesn't fit his model well,that means we usually deal 0 dmg when we actually see the blade touch the foes.
Its not only hard to understand for newbie players but also an early game problem since its the only offensive ability besides poor auto-attack.
So can you give him a little help?
I know he is hard to balance but i believe this wont change him much but give him a better gameplay.
Thanks in advance.

Hmm, I just checked this out, I'll see if we can't fix it up a bit.

Quote:
Gumb E:
It is amazing that you've kept up with replies on a daily basis. You're not even Customer Support or Community Diplomat or anything. This has been really great to read and it's now one of the tabs that automatically starts whenever I start a new session of Chrome.

Thanks for the info on y'all's decision never to make summoner spells unique. I still disagree with it, personally, as I believe that a little bit of annoyance and me first! clamoring is preferable to spells simply never getting used... but you guys clearly have a good reason and I'm glad to hear the idea has already been considered.

So we've got 3 ninjas now and 2 pirates... where's our caster pirate who Keelhauls you, Shivers your Timbers, and then Adds Scurvy to deservin' targets?
Somewhere in there, a wheel should appear over enemies' heads and spin them to a random facing... actually that's too goofy, but I still like the mental image.

But seriously, any pirates in Riot's pipe?

Haha yea I appreciate it, this is also a major time sink =-P, but luckily it's fun to do.

We were considering a new one, but I don't know what happened to him. The thing is, we have so many awesome champ concepts in the pipeline, sometimes more unique ones get pushed ahead of others like pirates/ninjas.

Quote:
Vudan:
Just wondering... Why does veigar's physical attack do physical damage? It seems that since he's throwing magical ball of magic, it should do magic damage. Not too much of a big deal, but I was wondering why you guys don't make people who attack magically do magic damage instead. (Ryze lightning bolt things, veigar energy ball, yadda yadda yadda.)

Because all champions physical attacks do physical damage (it would break consistency if we changed it). We have, however, added special abilities like Ryze's old Arcane Power, that made physical attacks do magic damage. But those were all spell related. I can go into more detail if you'd like.

Quote:
ImAnOgre:
Renekhton, I demand a thorough explanation.

Ps.Were having a silly convo over in the EU public chat and... Have you ever thought about a boss/jungle minion that would appear in the map at random places at random times?

Haha, I have no info to give about Renekhton yet!

We have considered minions like that, but we wouldn't add them to the current map...

Quote:
GunnaGitcha:
I'm still drunk from last night and have blood on my hands that I don't believe is mine. What should I do?

Clean them up, and just assume that it's all strawberry jam...delicious delicious strawberry jam...

Quote:
Melanchior:
what gender is Ezreal ingame?

Unbelievably enough he is indeed a male! Scientists have proven this fact (he has an Adams Apple)!

Sagee Prime

10-07-2010

I have a question on skill shots. They used to hit stealth champions but now they no longer do. Why?
I can't count how many times I have toss a skill shot someone's way and it just passes through them or the words invulnerable pop up when it does manage to hit(mainly on wards and shroom). Have a vision ward and see eve or twich and toss a skill shot and it always goes right through them.

Just to add on to the summoner spells. The masteries I think should apply as well so there would be one mastery for all offense/defense/utility spells in each tree

Rewyn

10-07-2010

Akali Smoke Bomb Idea:

+ While within her Bomb, Akali's health regeneration and spell vamp are significantly increased.
+ Attacks and abilities directed at Akali while within the smoke cloud have a 10/15/20/25% chance of striking nearby friendly target. (to clarify this, they have a chance to instead hit enemies of the akali in question. This might be enough to distract 'focusing' on akali and negate the need for the above)
- The cooldown for re entering stealth is increase by .5 seconds (this might seem low but its really an eternity to a squishy melee).

Dreampod

10-07-2010

I just wanted to say that this is my favourite thread on the forums. Thank you Ezreal. The amount of real feedback we are getting, along with explanations into why decisions were made is absolutely gold in terms of understanding the development process.

I thought that since reworking some of the older tanks was in the works I would mention a suggestion I had offered elsewhere on helping Alistar be less crippled by his long cooldowns.

Give his headbutt and pulverize abilities a passive that reduces their cooldown by 1 second each time he hits an enemy (like Imbue). That would give him something useful to do between cooldowns and make new builds highly vialble (Nashor's Tooth would become incredibly popular) and it would also help (round aboutly) improve his passive damage to turrets because people would be considering building him with melee stats.

Also an observation regarding Triumphant Roar. The ability is so bad that I rarely use it for more than procing Sheen (if I take it) and don't want to upgrade it beyond level 1 because the increased mana cost makes it less useful. Please make it an ability I want to use for itself.

Cyrenic

10-07-2010

Quote:
Ezreal:
Though there may be a certain zombie coming out in the near future ;-).

Urf!!!