@Ezreal

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Knote

09-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezreal View Post
there are two more after swain, one of them being irelia, the ionian captain of the guard.

I hate those guys!

While i can't talk about the details for these champions, i can say that i'm working on a sniper, a shadow dps assassin, a time melee dps assassin, and a gravity character...oh, and irelia.

Tryndamere is a pretty tough case because even though he can have a terrible early game, he can absolutely slaughter ill equipped teams. Though on that note, i was looking into a few numbers tweaks that can make him more fun in the early game without hopefully making him too good later on (then another designer will deep dive on him).

On a side note, going a full crit chance page makes him fun as hell!
i love you

JonneyMarket

09-27-2010

Do you guys have multiple maps in the pipeline, like you have champions?

Gorchek

09-27-2010

Cat-Girl Ezreal. Will it happen soon, or very soon?

brb getting sued

09-27-2010

a/s/l

DerSchnurrbart

09-27-2010

How do you feel about the Sunfire Cape strategy that is being so overused? If you look at any tanky/Dps champ they are all stacking 2-4 capes at a time. Heroes like Garren, Ammumu, Morde, ect. Not only are these champs able to survive well on their own they are getting a surplus of Health AND Armor, only increasing their survivability while creating no end to problems in team fights (especially when you have 3 of those champs fighting against you)

Also, is there any news on a Nidalee buff/re work? I know that is a heavily discussed issue in the forums and as a Nidalee player myself I am very interested to hear about it.

Ezreal

Pre Production Champion Designer

09-27-2010
9 of 320 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivandir View Post
What strategy do you use to balance out cooldown timers on QWER spell combos?
Q is generally the most often used spell with the shortest cooldown
E is the next most used spell (also generally a nuke)
W is the least used basic ability (often a utility or toggle ability)
R ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PineappleThis View Post
Whats the average time frame it takes for a champion to be completed, from the
brainstorming/coming up with the champion idea/theme, to being released on the live servers?
This really depends on who the designer is (some work faster than others), and how complex / risky the kit is. For example, Miss Fortune was done incredibly quickly because she had a solid designer and a straightforward kit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lykaeus View Post
1) How is designing your favorite blind monk going?

2) Are you guys designing new special mobs for Magma Chamber?

3) Whats your favorite spell designed?
1) He's off and on, you'll have to wait and see.
2) Gah, I want to say, but I probably shouldn't...
3) I want to say something like Riftwalk (a spell that if different from others), though ultimately it may come down to something simpler like Rewind since it really defines an entire kit on it's own.

Omnipotence

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

09-27-2010

In what way are you related to Ezreal the Champion?

Chaoticsoranma

09-27-2010

I realize that you'd rather Ezreal not be S-tier (and I agree), but I think most people are referring to AD Ez. How do you personally feel towards AP Ez? Both in terms of legitimacy compared to other casters and legitimacy compared towards AD Ez.

I like AP Ez a lot more than AD, myself, but I feel that his AP scaling ratios are pretty low, and his cooldowns are a tad long.

Ezreal

Pre Production Champion Designer

09-27-2010
10 of 320 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neko Pooky View Post
I want your opinion on Human-form anivia skin. Morello said that making it would take up the time to release a new champion.

Does Anivia have a chance if many players are willing to buy her like this?

Reference: http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=180605

Attachment 61580
While it is certainly not impossible, we would likely just create a new champion with the amount of time, effort, and money it would take to do a skin like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grafx View Post
With the Eve rework happening this patch. Are we hopeful to see Twisted Fate see some kind of love in order to make him more useful?

And for legendary skins, will red baron corki and magnificent twisted fate receive updates?
Twisted Fate's update is in the queue, but he is behind a number of other champions like Teemo and Jax. As for skins, I have no idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eiko View Post
What did mystic shot do originally, and how was it changed? How did you see the skill being used?
Haha, no changes actually. I always wanted Ezreal to be a true hybrid, where players could choose if they wanted to go AP, AD, or both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megling View Post

Youuuuuu
=-D I get that a lot. Just wait till you see Aeon ;-).

Agrias Oaks

09-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezreal View Post
There are two more after Swain, one of them being Irelia, the Ionian Captain of the Guard.

I see, so the next few champs will look like

Swain>Female champ A/Irelia>Irelia/Female champ B>???

Also, I use to love Jax quite a bit, but the Champ may as well be hitting people with a whiffle bat now. I hear there are changes for him in the works. Do you see Jax as becoming viable again? He doesn't deal enough damage for how easily downable he is, and his E skills is entirely dependent on dodging... And now, most 'On hit' powers ala Devestating blow/Mystic Shot/Siphoning strike are undodgeable, so one of his skills is pretty useless. Can we see him becoming a viable melee carry or at least a melee champion again?