Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

1 Bird 2 Stoned

01-27-2013

Quote:
On that note, what other archetypes have we missed out on?

• An Orc, any type of Orc. Could be the brute berserker or whatever.
  • A Native American inspired medicine man or warrior.
  • An Indian (Eastern) warrior, whirling scimitars and flowing robes etc etc. Calls upon an elephant which charges through the battlefield, who knows.
  • British Chap on Safari, could be a new pet champion with hounds at his call.

Pizza on a Bun

01-27-2013

What method do you use to eat a 2 1/2 inch jawbreaker?

I can barely fit 1/2 of it in my mouth, the rest of it just sticks out.

MajinNecro69

01-27-2013

Quote:
Ezreal:

We have rarely had success with ability power champions focusing on auto attacks (Kennen is one of the few). That being said, I do definitely think we could try out a full out AP auto attacker. It would certainly mess with the meta in the bottom lane...hmmm, saying that out loud reminds me that I really wanted to try that... I wonder what sort of thematic archetype would fit the role of AP auto attacker. Ideas?

There might be some inspiration regarding this in the Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition class, the Seeker. It's an archer class that dabbles in primal magic. i.e. Turn the arrows into a swarm of hornets, ice, what have you. I know that the archetype is already offered in LoL from Ashe and Varus, but it could be a good jumping off point.

FallacyTL

01-27-2013

Quote:
Ezreal:

We have rarely had success with ability power champions focusing on auto attacks (Kennen is one of the few). That being said, I do definitely think we could try out a full out AP auto attacker. It would certainly mess with the meta in the bottom lane...hmmm, saying that out loud reminds me that I really wanted to try that... I wonder what sort of thematic archetype would fit the role of AP auto attacker. Ideas?

http://media.animevice.com/uploads/0/69/442452-fairy_tail___88__29__super.jpg

Axl Yin

01-27-2013

Quote:

How about a champion that uses "elemental" bullets. Maybe a stance based ranged champ? Ult could smell something like, "Champion loads all 3 elemental rounds into his/her "gun" and fires them onto target area (perhaps if the elements were ice fire and lightning) and freezes all targets in the area for 1 second, burns them over x for x damage, and electrically charges anyone caught in the blast, dealing periodic damage to effected enemies that stand near electrified champions, and gives a speed boost or heal to electrified allies near other electrified enemies.

could be like, q is ice rounds, which slows auto attack of affected champion by a small amount but has lowest damage of the 3 stances

W fire rounds that deal much higher magic damage but slows your attack speed

E lightning rounds hit the target with an electrical blast that arcs within x radius and heals/damages similar to the nami q

Bandosian

Recruiter

01-27-2013

how about a swarm champion? Like a locust swarm that can send smaller groups of itself as pets or something?

Eltheran

01-27-2013

@Ezreal about that Chaos magic it's not exactly all about randomness. Chaos magick is about change, heavy destruction (and purple/violet color) etc. In lol it would be rather heavly combo champion with "hex" like ult or banishment.

Borand

01-27-2013

Hello Ezreal, first time posting in your thread. I think it's nice of you to answer to all these questions.
I have a number of questions myself, so please be thorough and hold on with me.

1. Items. I know Xypherous is currently in charge, but he is so difficult to get to talk with. Also, he goes Philosophy Mode which kind of makes me lose track of him. He also seems he enjoys deconstructing arguments instead of listening to you and thinking if there is a legit problem or not.. I want to talk with a red about this, it's such a frustrating thing to not be listened to and Riot tends to listen to its players. Ofcourse I might be wrong, if that's the case after having someone from Riot explain it to me I will understand. But if I am right I will have contributed to a change I alongside many others want to see. Here I go:
1.1 What do you think about Spirit Visage being the second best MR item in the game, but being almost useless on a tank that doesn't regenerate fast- alas doesn't have Warmogs? I think that Spirit Visage should either be changed to appeal to every tank, or have it's MR nerfed and add an item that will make good use of that MR and be useful to every tank.
1.2 There exists a number of second tier items that won't build into anything (Executioners and Malady jump in my mind). You said Malady is strong, but in my opinion it doesn't fit in AP builds because it doesn't offer anything besides AS and a poor amount of AP. A tank won't use it because it takes up a survivability slot, a support most likely won't use it for the same reason. A top lane will probably opt for AD/survivability and AD carry won't build it for sure. Will it see any changes to give it a home class?
1.3 Banshees Veil used to be a good item, but it now has a mechanic that can keep you for minutes without the spell-shield. I find that it was so much better when it had almost double the cooldown it has now. Is it being looked at? What do you think of this item?
1.4 As a tank, your itemization has to meet three Conditions: Health, Resistances, Regeneration.
The only decent regeneration item is Warmogs (I think Spirit Visage would be more appropriate for regeneration), which doesn't provide any other defensive stats besides HP at all. As it currently is, the only defense Warmogs seems to favour building is HP. It's not necessary to provide defenses, but wouldn't making it scale of defensive stats make it usefull for tanks, and also reward a tank for building defenses? It would also solve problems like stacking Warmogs across a team, since it's mostly useful if you are a tank.
1.5 Why does Quicksilver Sash get an offensive upgrade but no defensive ones? Let's say you are a tank against a heavy CC team. You build QSS, but after that what do you build it into? Mercurial Scimitar won't work for you.
1.6 Why does Frozen Fists' slow field not differenciate between ranged and melee?
1.7 What's with the lack of AS focused upgrades that don't offer critchance? The only one I can think of is Zephyr, which on the one hand is a great item, but on the other hand doesn't have a home class simply for providing a weird mixture of offensive stats and tank stats. Runaans also exists but it only applies to ranged characters.
1.8 Why do Boots of Swiftness have 5 less MS than what they should? :P
1.9 The Jungle items: Spirit of the Spectral Wraith loses it's HP5 for some weird reason. Spirit of the Ancient Golem feels right currently. Spirit of the Lizard Elder should slow instead of apllying a true damage DoT and have some lifesteal.
1.10 Problem with tenacity: Scarce stat, scattered on 3 random items, one of which is a jungle item. The other is a Zephyr which as I mentioned earlier feels out of place. The third item is OK which is Mercurys Treads. If you are a jungling tank, you will build Spirit of the Ancient Golem. This is OK, but against teams with magic damage this forces you into not buying Mercurys because Tenacity doesn't stack. MR itemization is not really good so you lose 25 MR because tenacity is tied to them. Do you acknoledge this as a problem?
1.11 I think the AD casters are currently too strong, not because black cleaver is OP, but because there isn't a counter item for them. I was thinking that tweaking Ninja Tabis and Thornmail would fix this issue. Having these items work with "physical damage" instead of "basic attacks" could potentially address this issue. Could it really address it? Is this possible to at least test?
1.12 Why doesn't spell vamp proc off all magical damage and lifesteal off all physical? Lich Bane loses lots of healing because of this

2. Champions.
2.1 In the past, Riot admitted on the forums that Lux did not turn out to be a successful Support and/or Mage at the same time. To be honest, Zyra does what Lux was intended to do, better than her. She has a more reliable root, has a knock up, slow, vision. The only thing that Lux offers as a support that Zyra doesn't, is a shield. Is Lux pending for a rework? If no (I believe she isn't), how would she be like if she were designed today?
2.2 You said you were considering remaking Sion to an AP caster. Please, please, keep his role as the Fighter/Tank intact. That's what he is, please don't change that. His kit (innate, e and ulti) and lore both point out to a fighter. There's a number of reasons AP Sion meets more play, but that's because he is more fun currently that way.
Could something like a system that resembles Kha Zix's evolution system work? Something like: There's an Arcane skillset and a Warrior skillset. When the game begins, you are prompted to choose one of the two. Choosing Arcane opens up an Arcane passive and the AP skillset. Choosing Warrior opens up a Warrior passive and the Fighter skillset. Lore could say that in order to reanimate Sion they had 2 souls possess his body along with his, the souls battle eachother for dominance and summoners can only control him by controlling one of the Souls within him. I would be totally Happy with being able to play him either way whenever I want.

Please let me know what you think of these, I feel that You Will pay attention to what I have asked.
Also, sorry for the long post

Jack Rendar

01-27-2013

@Ezreal When are we going to see another Pirate Champion?

Kurakresh

01-27-2013

Hey, Ezreal! Glad to see you're back to posting; you're one of the few reasons I come back to these forums. Admittedly, I can't remember if someone or myself had asked this previously, but:

What are your thoughts on a stance-based ranged carry, be it AD or AP?

The following is merely my speculation and thoughts on it:
I suppose you'd run the risk of overlapping with Udyr, making the different stances feel unique and rewarding, or simply balance issues between them all. In essence, though, the stances would apply various on-hit effects (with perhaps a stacking element, a la Silver Bolts or Denting Blows) or alter certain properties of the projectile (speed, range)! I'd imagine attack range is a bit of a tricky attribute to fiddle around with, due to its power throughout the course of a game.

Despite these issues, I personally feel finding a working archetype would not be too difficult (though I have no insight on the process that goes on at Riot). Perhaps the aforementioned (in this thread) sling user, utilizing different types of ammunition; alternatively, a weapons master who utilizes various ranged weapons to differing extent? Chakram-wielding dancer with different styles?

Thanks for reading, and I hope to hear your thoughts on this matter!