Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bernie Madoff

01-27-2013

More refund tokens for s3?

3mptylord

01-27-2013

Quote:
I think I've talked about a Yordle riding in a drill tank a few times, a character who we thought might be cool but ultimately decided to pass on. Imagine an ultimate that would drill a hole between two areas (knocking back enemies) and providing a one way exit for your allies. Imagine the Baron/Dragon assaults!

Think your problem is that you're trying to make him ride the drill - which frankly stumps yordle personality possibility. He shield *wield* the drill - Tryndamere style. I think we'd have a lot more fun if we had Zigg's with a drill instead of Corki with a drill, since Ziggs has the potential to throw stuff around while Corki is very bound to the movement of the vehicle.

Quote:
Ezreal:
Well, Sion was designed to be an offensive tank, however he deviated from this when players focused on his AP build. Over time we have considered making him more focused on AD, but shied away from it since it goes counter to how the majority of the community enjoys playing him. Honestly, I am not sure if we should change him into a AD focused champion at this point.

Would it be so impossible that the Sion remake could be the release of two champions? Because I implore you not to remove the mechanic of a lifesteal-tank, even if it means making a new champion.

Feel No Pain - Some sort of damage mitigation.
Some sort of cleave - maybe even a passive.
Some sort of speed buff/berserk mode engage. Maybe "Passive: your basic attacks apply a stacking debuff to the target (3 stacks), reducing their movement speed by 2/3/4/5/6% while increasing yours by the same amount Active: Doubles his movement speed for 3 seconds and allows him to ignore unit collision."
Make the health-per-kill a passive, but still have the bonus damage.
Massive lifesteal!

Quote:
Ezreal:
We have rarely had success with ability power champions focusing on auto attacks (Kennen is one of the few). That being said, I do definitely think we could try out a full out AP auto attacker. It would certainly mess with the meta in the bottom lane...hmmm, saying that out loud reminds me that I really wanted to try that... I wonder what sort of thematic archetype would fit the role of AP auto attacker. Ideas

Elise is an amazing AP auto-attacker - if only you could someone apply her melee form to a ranged champion. On the LoL Wiki forums I started constructing a Fairy King (I want more Pix/Glade champions). He had a sort of Invoker mechanic where he could combined up to 3 of different colored fairies and they would empower his basic attacks - so he was a mage focused on really powered autoattacks. At the time I was very interested in the Invoker (I haven't played DotA) - and so his ultimate was the same as the Invoker's too. I somewhat abandoned the project - but I later reprised it as part of a Yorick remake.

Unholy Covenant - Yorick's abilities summon a ghoul. Yorick may have up to 2/3/4/5. If Yorick already has the maximum number of ghouls, the oldest one will be replaced. Ghouls have 10 / 20 / 30 / 40 (+15% bonus AD) as well as other stats (fairly similar to Elise).
War - Yorick gets 20% bonus AS and MS per ghoul. War ghouls also deal 10 more damage than other ghouls.
Pestilence - Yorick takes 5% reduced damage and slows nearby enemies by 7% - per ghoul
Famine - Yorick is healed for 6 (+2.5% bonus AD) whenever he or his Ravenous Ghouls attack.
Death - The same.

Very a la Elise, but I think Yorick has always lacked truly feeling like he's amassing an army of souls. Now he gets up 5 *persistent* ghouls. The actives for Q/W/E would all be very much the same, although his cooldowns would be considerably lowered (to match Udyr, sort of) - this was justified because his ghouls no longer chase/harass, and so it's fair enough that he has lower cooldowns.

I think the key to Elise/my Yorick spitballing is the fact they have a pseudo-ammunition style "on-hit damage". A late game Elise does something like 250 on-hit magic damage, plus like 400 on-hit physical damage (from her spiderlings) - but she can be countered by killing the spiderlings. I think this is the key to balancing an on-hit autoattacker.

Bernie Madoff

01-27-2013

Quote:
Dìrty Harry:
You should create a champion wielding 2 handguns.

Sooo miss fortune?

xXshadowstarXx

01-27-2013

Do you know if Riot games are going to Pax this year in Melbourne Australia?

Pie Kills

01-27-2013

At least give us a hint on what the new upcomming champ wears

Hennyo ryuo

01-27-2013

Quote:
Ezreal:
Replies to pages 631-640.

Well, chaos magic is indeed cool, but it has a fundamental flaw. Chaos magic is usually associated with 'randomness'. A champion who is based on randomness is flawed, as it is impossible to balance. Now you could make an argument for making the chaos mage a multi elemental mage who could cast a number of different spells. But that archetype is cleaner when associated with elementalists. So I do believe it would be cool, I just don't believe chaos magic is a good place to explore in LoL (well, other than maybe overwhelming amounts of evil magic).

imo, a chaos mage could be possible if he only appears to be chaotic, while being completely comprehensible for a somewhat experienced player. the problem this creates is a burden of knowledge, though for a chaos mage this might not be that big of a problem. having for instance a passive which does the following:

Upon landing a basic attack or ability, <name> will gain a stack on his passive. Both abilities and attacks can trigger stacks. After X stacks, his stacks will reset. Each individual hit of a skill grants 1 stack (up to a max of Y stacks per skill used). Stacks arent reset over time.
at A stacks, <name> gets ... bonus effect on his next skill or attack
at B stacks, <name> gets ... bonus effect on his next skill or attack
at C stacks, <name> gets ... bonus effect on his next skill or attack
at D stacks, <name> gets ... bonus effect on his next skill or attack

because this works with auto attack aswell, he could also be the as/ap mage you are searching for.

another option could even be to have you gain stacks every 0.X second and having the same stack effect feature as shown in the above passive. thus giving you a timing kind of gameplay simular to twisted fate, though appearing random to most enemy players.

I worked around the idea a bit though it needs refining. as you dont like hyperlinks I'll just leave it like this: euw.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=586592

Sir Tiddles

01-27-2013

Quote:
Ezreal:

Nashor's Tooth has always been a painful item to buy due to it's stats composition. Few champions need AP, Atk Spd, AP, Mana Regen, and CDR. We hope to assuage this by removing the most painful, and restrictive stat: Mana Regen. After we do that we'll see how it does and adjust accordingly.

As for Malady...I am actually surprised it is not being used more. With the recent buffs to penetration in season 3 it strikes me as a very powerful item. This is one that I would rather sit back and watch rather than potentially overbuff.

We have rarely had success with ability power champions focusing on auto attacks (Kennen is one of the few). That being said, I do definitely think we could try out a full out AP auto attacker. It would certainly mess with the meta in the bottom lane...hmmm, saying that out loud reminds me that I really wanted to try that... I wonder what sort of thematic archetype would fit the role of AP auto attacker. Ideas?

I am so glad you touched on this, as AP Varus is by far my favorite carry. I much prefer the damage profile that is a blend of sustained and burst, but not as good as ADC or mage respectively. I think thematically all AP auto'ers should sit in that realm of damage as well. But before you try to create a new champ that is an AP auto'er, don't forget the ones we already have (Kennen, Varus, Rumble, Twisted Fate and Orianna). There is a lot of unfinished design in these champs for this kind of build.

But I think the biggest problem challenging AP autoattackers is actually itemization. ADC have a high gold ceiling at 16600ish for my normal build of berserker's, IE, bloodthirster, last whisper, phantom dancer, mercurial scimtar (or 15400ish with GA instead), whereas AP auto'ers hit a gold ceiling much earlier. As AP Varus, my end build is berserker's, deathcap, malady, hurricane, void staff, hourglass at a total of 14280 gold. You get the damage, but with less gold in your final build you are missing important things like lifesteal/CDR/mana. I also think ADC get more out of the gold they spend -- lifesteal/spellvamp in particular, really crushes AP auto'ers since a gunblade doesn't give life back for on-hit things like spellsword, malady, blight, clockwork windup, and stacked deck whereas standard AP and AD carries get full benefit from spellvamp and lifesteal.

Would you consider reworking malady (again, I know) like you did hexdrinker to be an early item around 1400 gold and making it combining it with nashor's tooth (which would also need to be changed a bit, I assume) to be the largest AP/AS item available? It would solve many issues AP auto'ers have -- although Varus could still use a .3-.7 AP ratio on his Q so he has something to harass with during laning phase.

Beyond Control

01-27-2013

Hello Ezreal,

Ok, I know we have some champions similar to this idea, and that WW is himself a werewolf. However, a small Idea came across that it would be cool to have a actual werewolf. Similar to Nidalee and Elise he/she has a human form with a set of skills, and then a werewolf form with a set of skills. However instead of making the transformation almost instant back and forth, make the cool down to go wolf a bit longer, almost based on Shyvana and her rage to become a dragon. Like I said, I know it a plain and simple idea, but I think it would be cool.

ninbushido

01-27-2013

A unique interaction for Sona and other champions:
When any champion dances near Sona, Sona becomes their DJ and plays a song on her instrument. For example, if Ahri dances near Sona, Sona will start playing "Run Devil Run" (players can hear it, not too loud so it doesn't disrupt gameplay too much), if Vi dances near Sona then her theme song will play (the one that goes "She's such a misfit...", if Diana dances near her Sona will play her theme song (login screen everyone was so obsessed over), Gangnam Style for TF, Thriller for Warwick, etc.

AncientPenguin

01-27-2013

Quote:
Ezreal:
We have rarely had success with ability power champions focusing on auto attacks (Kennen is one of the few). That being said, I do definitely think we could try out a full out AP auto attacker. It would certainly mess with the meta in the bottom lane...hmmm, saying that out loud reminds me that I really wanted to try that... I wonder what sort of thematic archetype would fit the role of AP auto attacker. Ideas?

Depends.. you've basically got two options. 1. on hit effect dealing flat magic dmg or 2. on hit applying a form of dot.

So why not do both? maybe make an ability that toggles between flat magic dmg that applies an effect or a stack and a dot that scales on that.

As for the rest of the abilities they'd have to depend on the champion itself. I think it's obvious to assume it's got an element involved so if I'd take a peek at that..
I'd have to say poison is way too mainstream and obvious (hipster penguin, new champ idea?) so please scratch that off the table. I feel like ice and fire individually don't agree with the concept but together they could work. (the same way you'd use ice punch to freeze then fire punch for super effectiveness in pokemon) so maybe a dual or multi elemental archer? And don't take the 'archer' thing literally. Could be a tech wielder or a mage.. what ever floats your boat ~.~
As for other elements I feel like electricity fit's the concept of ASAP the best, for obvious reasons. Earth doesn't fit it at all imo but perhaps you can take that as a challenge ; ). water could be made to work since it can associate with speed easily. Light also fits nicely for obvious reasons. shadows and psychic elements feel more like a pure mage.

anyway those are my thoughts.. what are yours?