Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dead Future

07-27-2012

Quote:
Ezreal:
So I just checked with Live Design, and they have a solid reason for why we opted not to do this. Basically, there is no use in simply leaving the effect w/o a showing icon (the players who will notice the icon will also look for changed stats). So the other option is to simply not effect targets that cannot see you...however, that would be a flat nerf if you were to attack them from the FoW. Ultimately it is a change we would like to make, we just haven't found a way to do it without harming the items/abilities.

What if it modified the if clause of certain actions? It wouldn't be a complete fix, but it would help a lot.

Let me explain what I mean.

I'll assume that when a champion does an action, there is a resulting order of effects. Let's start with an action instead of a command.

"If magic damage would be dealt to champion A, champion A first loses 20 magic resistance."

IF would take damage, THEN lose 20 MR, THEN take damage. Alternatively, IF would damage dealt, THEN reduce target MR by 20, then deal damage. The only thing would be to keep the THENs from happening at the same time, because you want MR down first.

On the item itself, so everyone understands how it works, it would read, "Whenever you or an ally deals magic damage to a nearby enemy unit, that unit's magic resistance is reduced by 20 before damage is applied," or something similar.

That looks all perfect and all, but the problem comes back with Frozen Heart. Following this same process, it would be

IF would attack, THEN lose attack speed, THEN attack. This would show up on people farming in lane or in the jungle when you are near them anyway.

Using "would" functions that change the way things are normally done before they are done at all would (no pun intended) fix the primary issue of, "I'm near them, therefore they know I am near them," and make the extra, smaller problem of, "If this would effect them anyway, they know I am near them still."

[Ever since learning Spanish, I've hated how English lacks a third person unisex pronoun. "If this would effect one anyway, one knows I am near one still." Works, yes; appealing to the ear or intelligible to anyone who doesn't really care, no. It's like math: not working? Make it work!]

The only cure would be to erase all visibility of the debuff and its effects but to apply them anyway. That doesn't sound like a great solution.

Let me know what you think, and if anything I said provoked an idea in your mind that would (*chuckle*) actually solve this problem fully.

EDIT: Originally, I thought, "What if enemy units just took damage as though they had 20 less MR," but wouldn't that still end up debuffing nearby units with, "This unit receives damage as though it had 20 less MR," or would that be a fix? "Nearby units attack as if they had 25% lower attack speed," would then administer, "This unit attacks as though it had 25% lower attack rate," and it's like anything at all that effects hard stats has no logical purpose as an effect that modifies the effective value of the stats without actually modifying the stats...I'll keep thinking about it.

ZeroSlash

07-27-2012

Ezreal I got a very important most defining question, about the future of the world, and LoL, and everything on it.

Katarina, what?

oddish33

07-27-2012

"We have no plans to expand the pool of monsters on our current map as it adds additional information that players would have to learn. Though we will likely create new monsters for all future maps. Additionally, I would love to see us add an ability or two to greater monsters (Blue Golem and Red Lizard)."

This brings up the question... Are their any maps being worked on right now? please awnser I can't stand just having 3

oddish33

07-27-2012

Quote:
II MIDKNIGHT II:
Do you feel that Sivir's range still being 500 is appropriate? She is the shortest ranged carry (bar urgot) of them all, and no longer has the ricochet harass she used to (the damage falloff after a few minions is substantial even for the one shot). Does her pushing power prevent her from at least gaining 525-550 range?

This, Please reply I want to know if sivir is not forgotten!!!

Oberic

Recruiter

07-28-2012

Thanks for answering me (as ObPrinny, due to technical difficulties) about Priscilla!
The only other red I can remember commenting on her was Morello, and he seems to dislike her quite a bit.

So, if you happen to answer, can we get a hint on Soraka's new skin(s)?

Edit: What are the chances we can get magic damage on Sivir's Q (Boomerang Blade) again? Maybe if she has more AP than AD it can be magic damage..? Or just change it back.
The change to physical damage really hurt her as a solo top, which is where I played her until the rework.

BeQuickOrBeDead

07-28-2012

@Ezreal

I'm thinking about getting into Game Design although I'm still in highschool (Senior). Do you have any tips as to what I can do to get my career started?

HaNi01

07-28-2012

@RiotEzreal

Do you plan making general du couteau a champ and also Kavyn from talon's lore? I think it will be fun adding these guys because they expand the lores of noxus guys )

and for another question Do still plan making crimson elite skins? because it's so sad that only talon and riven had it unlike the team commando , it will be fun if there will be team crimson elite too

IS1373bb3656fc548b76c17

07-29-2012

@Ezreal
hello, I just really want to know if you are currently working on any kind of sand based Mage, a bit like Gaara from Naruto, because I think this is an awesome idea

c7g Laser

07-29-2012

I saw a post about yordles being communal creatures and wanted to ask if there was any secret/hidden passive with yordles like there is with ninjas. Also i think it would be really cool if there was a game-type where each character got a buff/debuff for being on a team with champions they naturally work/live with. Like playing against an all frelijord team made the opposition lose 1ms or an all piltover team gained 1% extra exp

McJibble

07-29-2012

Zommbeeeh threaaaaaadddd