Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DreamsOfGrandeur

07-27-2012

Ezreal, not a LoL-related question technically, just something I thought I'd throw out there.

Have you thought about making an @Ezreal #2 thread?

Obviously, 300+ Riot Posts is impossibly hard to read through.
Wouldn't it be easier on all players and yourself if you locked a thread every 50~100 posts, create a new thread, post a link to the new thread in your last post in the old one, and have links to the old threads in the new thread(s)'s first posts?

I think your thread is a valuable resource, but all that gets lost when people see 300 posts and say to themselves: "I don't care what I could learn, I'm not reading through all that."

Karaethon Cycle

07-27-2012

Hi Ezreal! Are there any plans to increase the viability of the old melee hypercarries in high elo? I'm particularly interested to see what Master Yi could do if his animations were tightened up* and alpha strike popped projectiles, as I feel like this would make him more viable in competitive play without adding extra power in low elo.

*Let alpha strike have no cast time (the time it takes before the dash animation starts), and let meditate be cast and canceled instantly. More details here (http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2395535).

ThornAlavarn

07-27-2012

So does that mean Ezreal won't get any buffs to his AP side anytime soon? :/ I'd really love it if they just added some sort of change on his passive to help his AP side and makes his E prioritize champs. Or made his W be able to hurt minions but not build up charges for his passive, so it isn't broken on AD Ez.

I don't know, I just really love playing AP Ezreal, but I constantly feel like I'm gimping myself and my team by not picking a better AP mid. Should I just not play him until the meta changes where AP Ezreal is more viable?

SoBeNirvana

Adjudicator

07-27-2012

How's the initiative to diversify the item shop that Xypherous is heading going?

Broseiden

07-27-2012

Quote:
Ezreal:
Replies to page 563.

I do believe there is a point of having too many champions. Let's take a crazy number like 5,000...that would be too many. We could pull that back to a much more managable number and still feel like that is enough. My thoughts are that over time we will slow down champion production, so that all players can get to know all champions. That being said, as we grow our champion pool, we will gain more options of who to update and remake.

So while I don't believe that there is a single magic number, I do believe we will slow down a bit as the years go on. Though I do not foresee this happening any time in the near future!

I designed the original Ezreal as having options between: AD, AP, Hybrid.

We have discussed tweaks, but those are entirely up to the live team. I have given them a massive knowledge dump on what I think might be good changes; so I'll leave it up to them to decipher which changes would have the best possible effect.

Perhaps, I could definitely see Nasus and Renekton getting another Egyptian themed character to roll with. Probably someone of the caster variety.

100%

Psh 5000 is too many champs? MTG has over 20,000 cards and is still going strong. If anything you could switch to a booster pack method for selling champs, since that format is and will always be popular. Since balance in the game is so well maintained, every champ in the booster would have the potential to be a rare to people. Just something to think about

Darkmoone1

07-27-2012

Any hint to there being a Whip or boxing type champion?

The LawKeeper

07-27-2012

Ezreal, are we going to possibly see a new Jarvan IV ultimate? His ult is used for locking them in, but the fact that players can flash out defeats the purpose.

PinkMage

07-27-2012

Quote:
Banter:
Hey Ezreal, thanks for doing this.

My question pertains to the rumored (confirmed?) Katarina remodel. First of all, any updates?

Secondly, how will this effect people with limited edition Katarina skins? (Red card Kat/Kitty Kat)

Will they be remodeled as well, or stay the same? If they are remodeled, would it be possible to make them available for a small window after the remodel?

I wouldn't mind as much if they stay the same, but if they are remodeled as well I would be pretty sad if I didn't have the opportunity to acquire them.

As an owner of both Red Card and Kitty Kat, allow me to be selfish and ask for them to not be put on sale. I'd feel insulted, since I feel only Kat bandwagoners would buy them, kinda like what happened with Pulsefire Ez.

However, I'd also like to thank Riot for remodeling Kat, since that's something I had been asking for for a long while.

Midknight

07-27-2012

Do you feel that Sivir's range still being 500 is appropriate? She is the shortest ranged carry (bar urgot) of them all, and no longer has the ricochet harass she used to (the damage falloff after a few minions is substantial even for the one shot). Does her pushing power prevent her from at least gaining 525-550 range?

Lux Eternus

07-27-2012

I asked this before on a different post, but why was Ezreal's ult minimum damage decreased to 30%, and when was this mentioned by you guys?