Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DarkPercy

07-26-2012

Quote:
Havoc202:
Well it was an honest question. I dont see the point of having a Riot Forum for Creating champions and they dont get to use them? >.>

Quote:
Phreak:

Please note that this forum's purpose is not to find the newest champion of the League. Rather, we want to give you all a platform to express your creativity.

Express. Your. Creativity.

It's fun to make champions and to post them. It's also fun to get reviewed by other people and to get comments. If you're making a champion ONLY for Riot to see it, you're doing it wrong.

I FoRC3FI3LD I

07-26-2012

What champion do you think belong in a museum? (by that i mean that does'nt fit in the current meta and that is'nt viable anymore)

Gundenspand

07-26-2012

Quote:
DarkPercy:
Express. Your. Creativity.

It's fun to make champions and to post them. It's also fun to get reviewed by other people and to get comments. If you're making a champion ONLY for Riot to see it, you're doing it wrong.

They still can take good ideas there.
I express my creativity, but it seems to be a waste. A waste of time, a waste of ideas, a waste of fun, a waste of interest.

This is why i opened a thread to ask questions. I don't want to waste more. But if some are read, it is no waste. Just ideas waiting to be accepted or not.

DarkPercy

07-27-2012

Quote:
Gundenspand:
They still can take good ideas there.
I express my creativity, but it seems to be a waste. A waste of time, a waste of ideas, a waste of fun, a waste of interest.

This is why i opened a thread to ask questions. I don't want to waste more. But if some are read, it is no waste. Just ideas waiting to be accepted or not.

Sorry but please realize that there are like 50 new champion concepts everyday on that forum. There is no way Riot could check them all...

Once in a while, (like, every 2-3 months) I see a Rioter post their opinion (not if the concept is ''accepted'' lmao) on a bunch of champion concepts and then leave for another 2-3 months. That's all we're gonna get I think.

Just saying, none of the concepts on that forum will EVER be ''accepted''. They can't take our ideas because of legal issues.

Gundenspand

07-27-2012

You're thinking I don't know that legal issues problem even if I make a full thread on it ? Oh, yes, I didn't knew there were legal issues, thanks for informing me. And in the 50 every day, half aren't good to anything (and i'm kind to say only half). When you see there are something like 60 red post a day, you can think they could read some concepts often (and not once every two months).

EDIT : and btw some volunteers would like to do it, just to say that...

Froghl

07-27-2012

@Ezreal what do u think about a support champ that control water... like a turtle/frog humanoid...
he can absorb water from everywhere... and stack it and with this stack cast skills... just and idea.... Be creativity XD...

Ezreal

Senior Recruiter

07-27-2012

Replies to pages 564-570.

Sorry for taking so long between my last post guys, it's been pretty crazy around Riot and I've needed a bit of time off of the forums. Anywho, as always feel free to check out my @RiotEzreal Twitter, as I'll always post in it whenever I post in this thread (just makes it easier to track).

Quote:
oddish33:
Hey ez, i'm just curious to know if their are any cool support champions in the works?

Yes, there are multiple amazing support characters that we are toying with right now. Though I want to see them get a bit more solidified before we start commenting on them further.

Quote:
emailsupport8712:
Curious as to why suddenly new champs are being released with only 1 skin. Not sure if this has been answered before, but I've been curious for a while.

It was actually a pretty simple reason, we felt that we could deliver a higher quality skin if we focused on one new skin per champion at launch. It also means that we can release a second awesome skin for these champions soon after their release if there was enough drive for it.

Quote:
Mortal Wombat2:
Dear Ezreal,

I, for one, am a huge fan of you and your work. You have desgined some of my favorite champions and I was just wondering, when will the next "Void" champion be coming out and what do you have in-store for the 100th Champion?

Thanks for your time.

Dude...the next Void champion...will be immensely awesome. We're doing something pretty crazy for the character so I can't wait until the players get a chance to take a sneak peek at him.

Quote:
BeQuickOrBeDead:
Is league of legends 3d really a thing? Or did I buy glasses for nothing?

edit.. Why downvote me?

I'm afraid that was only an April Fools joke, sorry about that =-P.

Quote:
DemoGuide:
Hi Ez,
Today i remembered one question from about 2 years ago.
Why Pantheon's E deals double damage to champions when Garen's E deals 50% reduced damage to minions?

...that is a poor wording choice on our part. We are currently going back through older champions and consistifying their tooltips. I am sure that these will be changed to follow the same paradigm.

Quote:
Argurotoxus:
Hi Ezreal!

I just finished reading through your posts in this thread (it took me some time, let me tell you) and even though thousands before me have done it, I wanted to thank you for taking the time to do this. It's seriously awesome and the effort Riot puts into the community doesn't go unnoticed.

Onto questions!

I wanted to pitch an ability, just to see what you thought. I come from being a competitive Super Smash Bros: Brawl player and I mained Sheik. I was thinking how you would feel about a blink skill in the game that operated in a similar fashion to her recovery move. That is, she vanishes in a flash and appears in smoke elsewhere, and the initial vanish causes damage to the enemy. Sort of backwards from a Kass ult.

Just felt like on a melee swift punch/kick fighter type character it could create some fun scenarios and a cool, mobile combat style.

And another question, just after having read so much, I noticed that even after champs like WuKong and Karthus were released, you continued to call them lich and Monkey King. Is this just a designer habit from having called them those names for so long? I'm honestly just curious.

Thanks again!

While I like that idea, I generally think there are some problems with it. Let me start off by asking a simple question: What do you use movement abilities to do? This can be split into three general categories: Offensive movement, Evasive Movement, General Utility Movement (map traversal). We generally try to incentivize Offensive movement (Kassadin's Rift Walk only deals damage when going towards enemies, Ezreal's Arcane Shift deals damage upon landing at the location), while disincentivizing Evasive Movement (mostly through incentivizing offensive moves). A movement ability which only damages when it starts in melee incentivizes defensive movement (since offensive movement in this case doesn't grant you a lot of movement since you are already in melee).

As for your second question, we generally choose the final name of champions late in their development progress. So we get attached to calling them by their title or explicative term (Monkey King, Man of Tomorrow, etc).

Quote:
D E Merry:
Dear Ezreal,
I wanted to suggest some archetypes for you.

Range DPS - three stances which changes the type of weapon he uses - (i.e. Armor Piercing, also upon activation next X attacks deal deals Y + % true damage depending on how much armor they have), and an ultimate ability which buffs the hero for X seconds (like Singed ult or a self-only Sivir ult)

Mage - Shaman who uses spirits of animals (like Udyr, but instead of stances it's merely casting spells)

Mage - Lightning Mage whose ultimate is high-range (approx 3000 range at level 1) and creates a line of lightning (used at any angle like Rumble ult, the AOE about a little wider and longer than Rumble ult) which instantly deals damage to anyone hit. [Lightning Arrester]

Tank - Hammer time.

Melee DPS - One of his spell involves teleporting on top of enemy and heavily damaging the foe underneath [Grave Marker]

Haha, great ideas. We are actually working on one of these right now, and might work on another of them later on. Can you guess which ones?

Quote:
ObPrinny:
The Spider Queen thread is slowly approaching double the support of what the blind monk thread had....
So, why can't you guys make a female Drider (abandon the current model of Priscilla, it's bad)? You made cassi, and she is just a snake version of a Drider.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=624793 (spider queen thread link)

~Oberic

Edit: You guys shouldn't be so worried about having a couple of gross champions, like Urgot and Trundle, by the way. Not quite as many people like them, but there are people who enjoy playing gross and hideous things. I for one, don't like Trundle much (his kit meshes with me poorly), but he'd be a LOT less interesting if he wasn't rotting.

We want to make what the community demands... The more the community asks for the Spider Queen the more likely we are to make her, and the more likely we are to solve the problems that we think we have with her.

Quote:
SoBeNirvana:
Zileas has hinted that Pris might be back in production. Want so bad.
Last year there was some Red mention of a character with weapon switch as their main characteristic, but haven't heard anything since then.

Haha, I want the Spider Queen really badly as well!!!

Oh, and that weapon switch character was Apollo...but he might not have been the only one...

Quote:
Koechophe:
So, you remember those twin dps yordles that some redpost talked about?

Are they existent?

They evolved into Ziggs. They started off as two crazy yordles in a motorcycle + sidecar (one with bombs and the other with a rocket launcher). As time went on we found out that the bomb yordle was super awesome, so we fast tracked him into the character that we now know as Ziggs.

Quote:
Krimoar:
Has Pulsefire Ezreal production stopped or are you guys still currently working on it?

I know you dont talk about future skins, but the community already knows about pulsefire ezreal so i dont think it would be that much of a give away. I believe this question is a way for die-hard ezreal players to finally know if you guys have completely givin up on the skin and its release, or are still currently working on it.

ty in advance.

Heh, I guess it's been awhile since I've been here...

Quote:
Metronomotopoeia:
Hi Ezreal! Another question!

A while back it was mentioned that you all had figured out how to get clones to visually copy their champion's buffs (at least red/blue buff). Is there a reason that feature never hit live?

Ah, that sounds like something we should get on, I'll pass it on.

Quote:
Rebonack:
Hey Ez!

As usual a question about Koggy.

The nerf to the base damage on his Ult was meant to remove a bit of the free damage that AD Kog gets, right? Wouldn't it have worked just as well to remove the Bonus AD ratio from his Ult? That would nerf the overpowered AD Koggy without having a negative impact on AP Kog.

If anything I think AP Koggy could really use a boost to the ratio on his Ult at this point. It was low due to the high base damage. But the base damage just took a pretty major hit.

Oddly enough this is a perception problem. We nerfed the base damage because we thought it was too powerful across all types of Kog'Maw. If we simply though AD Kog was op we would have reduced it's AD ratio, likewise with AP.

Quote:
KultoDeSkaro:
Hey ezreal, I enjoy playing supports, and I love Nocturne as well. Particularly his spell shield. It's so much fun getting in your opponents' heads to predict when they cast a spell and blocking it with perfect timing, increasing your our power! Darius wants to duel me? Oops! Guess that ult only gave me an attack speed buff!

I was wondering if you ever considered adding this to a support champ's kit. Being able to block spells on allies would just feel awesome, especially if it had something like a buff for the ally or a debuff (maybe even a stun?) on the enemy!

We have wanted to do a targeted spell shield for a long time. I am sure we will get it in the game at some point. That all being said, it is a very scarey spell to put into the game (just from a sheer power concern standpoint). So it will need lots of playtesting.

Quote:
Zidanic:
With the buffs to Ezreal are you happy to where he is now? Or do you have more buffs planned for him?

We have gotten a LOT of data on Ezreal after the pulsefire skin came out, and I am happy to say that his win rate is doing great (maybe too great). So I believe the live team is going to hold on making further Ezreal changes.

Quote:
Zinwrath:
Hey Ezreal. What do you beleive is the reason why theres no ranked dominion ..even twisted treeline has it. I've heard everything from "not enough resources" to "no one likes it" to "its impossible to balance for ranked play"...i've even heard "they arent working to make it competitive because it would split the player base away from summoners rift. Any idea what the real reason developement quit on the map?

We want to make sure that Dominion is competitively viable before opening it up to Ranked games. We feel that we need to take some time and focus on making Dominion updates before we are ready to turn on the ranked queue.

Quote:
Dang mclovin:
@Ezreal any xin zhao buffs, i miss that guy

Heh, again, guess I need to keep up on my posting.

BADAR5E GAM3R

07-27-2012

@RiotEzreal If someone randomly stopped at the office could we come in and hang out?

Fracture Eon

07-27-2012

What about AP Ezreal? Is there anything more being done about that? He has zero early game pushing power, while every other mid commonly used right now does. His passive is still not helpful if you build AP. His Q is physical and you can't spec any armor penetration as an AP Ezreal (honestly not too terrible of an issue because of Lichbane's huge bonus damage, and seeing as your damage is mixed it becomes hard to spec resistances against you). AP Ezreal seems to have lots of little problems that add up to be annoying.

The big suggestion getting lots of support right now is to let Essence Flux damage creeps without stacking his passive. What would you think of this?

Another issue I would like to raise is that Essence Flux seems to have an issue with the particles not matching the actual size of the skill's hitbox. Could you get hold of Bitsplosion and see if he can look at this?

CommandShockwave

07-27-2012

Quote:
Ezreal:

Oh, and that weapon switch character was Apollo...but he might not have been the only one...

Go on...

I'm intrigued. Can you tell us more about this cancelled champion?

Ez pls.