Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DerSchnurrbart

03-20-2011

So after looking over the new splash art for Annie (which is awesome!) I started to think about the in game design of Annie and her spells. Which of course led me to start thinking about Tibbers and his AoE damage. Is there anyway that you can possibly talk particles to put in an animation that displays the radius around Tibbers that is effected by his AoE? (Much like the new animation for Amumu's tears) This would really help not only playing against Annie, but also from Annie's perspective as well. That way we can actually see right when Tibbers is starting to melt our faces off with his intense demon teddy bear wrath.

OpticZeRo

03-20-2011

has the status of Blind Monk changed??

Peach Plum Pair

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by El1x View Post
Hey Ez, I have a few questions regarding LeBlanc. I just recently started playing her because I never saw anyone playing her so I wanted to see what she was like.

I do love her burst damage and being able to silence their AP carry and Support in a team fight or snaring their AD carry and their tank away from each other, but she has a few problems which make her unreliable.

First, she is very hard to farm with. Even after I get a deathcap and some AP I find Distortion failing to onehit either row of minions often resulting in me having to mimic it to farm fast enough, problem is though it has roughly a twenty second cooldown which only lets me farm every other wave. Almost every other mage I can think of has some way of AoEing down the minion waves to farm faster. Another thing about Distortion that annoys me is that when you travel to your destination its a dash, but when you go back to starting location its a blink. You can use the blink to go through projectiles without taking damage but not the dash...

Secondly, her snare is also unreliable. For example, Morgana also has a skill shot snare, the difference though is when Morgana's snare hits the person is snared instantly having not chance to move away and break it like they can for LeBlanc. Also Morgana's Binding has what seems to me double the range of LeBlanc. My skill order usually goes R>Q>W>E simply because I find the chains so unreliable to land due to their range and how someone could break it by walking out of range I usually don't get more than a point in it early just so I can get W as strong as possible to be able to attempt to farm with it.

Third, I find her needing near max cooldown reduction to be successful, because most of her damage comes from Mimic. My build usually goes something like this. Doran's Ring > Kage's Pick > Boots > Codex > Sorc Shoes > Negatron Cloak/Chain Vest/Giants Belt (depending on what damage I am taking more often > Deathfire Grasp > Abysal Sceptor/ Hourglass/Rylais > Deathcap > Elixers. This gives 9% cooldown from masteries + 15 from dfg + 10 from Elixers for a total of 34% and I still find this to be about half of what I would need it to be.

What are your opinions about her and the changes I suggested, (increasing Distortions base damage or scaling to allow for easier farming, increasing the range of Ethereal Chains by about 50-100 units and maybe tweaking her cooldowns slightly.)
LeBlanc is in a good spot right now, but she wasn't made for a tanky meta. If you get a team comp that relies on roaming-ganks for the lanes or on carries, she will probably be T1 because she ganks easily and kills quickly, and she can eat a squishy for breakfast.

Sadly, the tanky DPS metagame just keeps coming back for some reason (*coughreleasingmoretankydpschampsandnotnerfingthe irdamage*)

muhmo

03-21-2011

Hey Ezreal, last night I played AP ez because my team had to much AD and I am no way to excited about a passive being added to essence flux. When is that going to happen? Hopefully soon!

Evolution Of War

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-21-2011

I know this is kind of a Rubbish Question, but... I can't help but wondering.

Is there any plans to make a Demacian Ranged DPS? (with a bow? =D)
My team has been wanting to do a full Demacian team, but with the current Champs, there wouldn't be a Ranged DPS, and I wouldn't know how to compose a correct team without one.

Just wondering. Also, with Lee Sin supposedly coming out, how's work on Tempus? How far is he through Development?

Verbivore

03-21-2011

Who designed Blind Monk?

I MUST KNOW!

Tenant

Friend of Urf

03-21-2011

Hi Ezreal. I'm a very avid Jax connoisseur, and while I love playing Jax, he has very odd design when compared to most, if not all, the cast and they're really starting to show themselves as glaring flaws.

You say he's still very beastly, and that's half true for when he finally gets into the late-game with all of his gear, but it's very often that it ends up being incredibly difficult to get to that point. It's even more upsetting for me when even Morello doesn't even know what to say about Jax. Do you think you could go a bit more in-depth on what your stance is on Jax?

Sorry if this post comes off as a typical "omg please buff this champ" post, but I want it to be more a question on Jax's design (like, would you REALLY give a new champion nowadays an ability that relied not only on RNG, but couldn't even be casted normally unless fulfilling specific conditions (and when those conditions depend on Jax being put in harm)?).

sleepyaaron

03-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evolution Of War View Post
I know this is kind of a Rubbish Question, but... I can't help but wondering.

Is there any plans to make a Demacian Ranged DPS? (with a bow? =D)
My team has been wanting to do a full Demacian team, but with the current Champs, there wouldn't be a Ranged DPS, and I wouldn't know how to compose a correct team without one.

Just wondering. Also, with Lee Sin supposedly coming out, how's work on Tempus? How far is he through Development?
I agree. My friends and I did team Demacia once... We didn't have enough damage. lol

BunniesFromHell

03-21-2011

Ezreal, thanks for keeping the thread going. I came looking for some specific insight, and got some of that, as well as a lot of things I never would have thought to ask that are really awesome to know. I hate to have only JUST read that you get tired of the suggestions for changes and then suggest some, but in Nocturne's case I feel that the discussion I've had with other players has lead me to a good idea. Don't be afraid to tell me I'm wrong and stupid if I'm wrong and stupid, you'd probably be right, haha.

I'm curious where you think Renekton stands lately. From my own experience, I initially thought he was OP, however most of the Renektons I'd seen at that point were laned with Caitlyn. I find them to be a wonderful combination since her great ranged harassment allows him to effectively utilize his own strengths. I've come to the conclusion that's how to make him seem OP, even though he's not necessarily actually OP. Many of my friends feel that he's stupidly good, but I'm just not seeing it.

Also, I do think that Nocturne (while a unique and interesting champion who's fun to play, on which I commend your design) is way too strong right now for a pretty specific reason. The biggest issue I feel isn't the pubstomping capability due to losing ally vision which you discussed briefly earlier in the thread before he'd been released, but rather that because of the leap range on Paranoia, it's entirely too easy for a jungling Nocturne to get fed and quickly become unstoppable. I think this is partly because he can easily shut down many ordinary ways to be slightly more aware of ganks before they happen such as wards or clairvoyance, and even to escape them because of his Q and E granting him such a huge advantage while chasing. I'd also partly place blame for this on his superb ability to utterly destroy anyone who, even for normally legitimate reasons, goes off alone. Many of my games playing with a friend who plays Nocturne or against other Nocturnes, even teleporting to clear a minion wave that's attacking the turret has resulted in a dead minion-clearer, and some of my friends consider him a character who has absolutely no need to respect the turret in those cases. To say this simply, I don't think he's OP provided he doesn't get fed, the problem is that the chance that "he doesn't get fed" is fairly slim. The best way to solve this, I think, would be to make his ultimate's leap range smaller at low levels but equally gigantic as it is now at higher levels. It should be enough to remove ally vision and force the team to freak out finding out what each member sees during a gank, he doesn't need to be able to leap halfway across the map without even using a skill shot (like Pantheon's ult) to do it.

The only other thing I've noticed with recent new champions is that Jarvan is entirely too strong when ganking, unless the victim has a blink, which then makes his ultimate useless against characters with blinks. Since Flash is a universally available blink, and ever since the Ghost nerf there's been less motivation to use Ghost as your movement spell out of the two, it seems fairly often like his ult is a waste of a skill. Do you feel there's a change that should be made here? It's a very multi-layered issue from my point of view, and I can't honestly say I have my own opinion on whether this is the result of flaws Jarvan has, or entirely a problem with flash, or what. I am, however, curious what the team thinks about this kind of interaction.

Lastly there's a couple of things I'd like to see for the matchmaking system. I think that having draft mode in normal games as an option would be neat, although if there's an established reason this isn't an option, I would love to hear why so I can stop saying I wish it was around, haha. I would also like to see a slightly increased timer for the champion select, so that randomly organized teams have more time to plan a viable team build. Often no one wants to play a tank, or everyone wants to play a mage, and by the time everyone has picked their champion, no one has time to switch. It seems like a lot of the problem here is that some people take forever to pick a champion in the first place, so perhaps allowing players to choose preferred champions before going into the queue, while a ton of work given the need to factor in 5 players, would help solve the problem as well.

Kyoichiro

03-22-2011

I have read the last 10 pages or so of this thread and I'm glad that Ezreal will be buffed for AP and hybrid to be viable again. I'm very interested in playing Ezreal since he is the best looking champion in the game (IMO) and he looks fun to play, but I am afraid that every other carry champion would beat him at what he can do. I mean, he's a hard champion to use/master, so why is he UP and hard to use? Shouldn't players that are able to master him be rewarded with a bit? I don't mean OP, but probably just a difference between mastering Ashe (easy to use champ) and mastering Ezreal (requiring much more hours to practice all his skill shots)...

Btw, I love you for designing Teemo! Thanks for reading~ Keep up the good work .