Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PunchGroin

01-01-2011

Ok, I Know it was a while ago that you called for Kass Nether Blade fixes - I had another awesome idea for it.

How about an "On next attack* that had different effects based on certain variable conditions within Kass' control.

For example - Nether Blade

On Kassadin's Next attack, he gains an additional XX true damage - in addition Nether Blade has the following effect IF...

If Target is silenced - Kass gains XX mana.
If Target is slowed by Force Pulse - Kassadin Gains XX life
If Kassadin is at full Force Pulse Charges - Spends all charges, Kass is immune to CC for XX seconds
If Kass has 5 or more riftwalk stacks - His next Riftwalk is free and the cooldown resets.

Once again - I love risk/reward. By making reward so variable, it will make kass judge his next move SO much more carefully, rather than just bursting his a** off. Give it a 15 second cooldown or so and you have a clutch decision to make, when to blow the nether blade.

Once again, kass doesn't really need a buff right now, it's just annoying that he has a worthless skill.

PS. You DID respond to an earlier idea, where nether blade dispels from the target... I mentioned that having it dispel 1 effect would be random and crappy, What I suggested was having it dispel EVERYTHING (buff and debuff alike) at the cost of all force pulse charges. I even recommended swapping this to his ult and making cakewalk a base skill. (Because... cmon, he's just not Kass without it.)

blackytemp

01-01-2011

From Spooks Champ:Skill 1: Hero slams his staff, creating a fissure in the ground, zig zagging forward in a linear fashion. From the fissure emerge shadows, shackling all enemies units standing on the fissure. Length of shackle, length of fissure and damage increase per level

-> Wow wtf, I just thought that we need a champ with THIS EXACT ability (i even thought about the shadows)

Question: You propably know that Steam/Valve has Developer comments for parts of their games, would it be possible to have designer/developer-comments on, for examle, champions and maps?

Thank you for designing the game for us!

Psilomancer

01-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezreal View Post
Guinsoo and I usually buddy designed the older champions so I don't really remember who did who from back then other than Amumu, Blitzcrank, Kassadin, and Nasus. Lately I've done:
Vladimir
Sona
Malzahar
Ezreal
Kog'Maw
Shame on you, I don't care what anyone says but Vlad is op and easy to rape with.

redlightman

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psilomancer View Post
Shame on you, I don't care what anyone says but Vlad is op and easy to rape with.
Play Vlad and try to rape before level 9. It won't happen. Vlad is easy to counter but people don't want to learn how and just call him OP and hope for a nerf.

Psilomancer

01-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by redlightman View Post
Play Vlad and try to rape before level 9. It won't happen. Vlad is easy to counter but people don't want to learn how and just call him OP and hope for a nerf.
BS, he can solo mid without going back for items all game long, he farms creep like a machine and has no mana. By level 6 he should easily kill the other solo and when team fights start he just has to wait until others are engaged then ulti, pool in, use tides of blood and transfusion... he can dodge almost anything with is pool and if Vlad has flash and ghost he is pretty much untouchable. I'm tired of hearing how easy he is to counter because he isn't.

I used to play him a lot, sure he's fun, you get to rape whole teams, but it's not fair and he is far from balanced if you know how to use him.

taiya

01-01-2011

Are those cupcakes inside Caitlyn's yordle traps? If so, what flavor? If not, change them to cupcakes!

N49

01-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malurth View Post
Cassiopiea's Q - why does it not give sight?
While we're at it, why dose it not deal damage... Okay, that was a joke.

But more seriously why dose cooldown reduction suck so hard on her(she lowes out on damage cause her Q only refreshes, and her E cannot have less than 0.5 sec), when it's the only way to make her "Ultimate" viable at all.

Taigongwang

01-01-2011

ez u ever think about giving kassadins W bonus magic dmg on hit when its active cause his W seems like a wasted skill unless u go dps kassadin

also do u have plans for any more global ults or innate champion auras?

Forcepowa

01-02-2011

Hello Ezreal.

I've prepared this fairly long analysis of Malzahar. Would like your comments on some of the changes I suggest. Especially the Rupture like change to Q. I think it would solve his escape problems + Allow him to get more use out of Null Zone. Among other things.

Anyways here it is. I make changes every few days. Just thought I would post it here since your the one who designed him.

https://docs.google.com/document/pub...eWHfl1nAYfFgDE

Servantofthe99

01-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezreal View Post
Replies to pages 191-193.

The gravity champ is still in pre production (needs to be concepted). Recently I decided to start slowing down on champion creation so I stopped pushing on him as hard. Though he is still one of the top two champs that I want to see in the future (him and a void creature caster).

We are looking into updating the stealth system to something more modern. This would be a system rework (not removal).

Nope, though we do have a neat champion coming out soon that has a conditional double dash.

I believe I answered your void creature question a bit earlier =-D.

thanks again for the great response as usual! the main reason i was looking forward to the gravity champ was because i believe you said he would be an anti tank (or have an anti tank ability at least). but since he's on hold, are there any other anti tanks coming up before him?

as for the stealth rework, do you think it would work if using stealth had a setback of having a slow effect? like at level one you stealth for 20s but movement speed is slowed like 30% or something during the duration of stealth....goin down to 15 or 20% at final levels...i mean this would at least fit with the 'slow and stealthy' idea and would/could make stealth less annoying since the champ couldn't just blitz in at 500+ movement speed, kill, then run away again. it would make it more of a skill move requiring positioning and timing.

are there any champions coming out with a no cost mana regen ability like gragas and soraka or only CD based champs like garen and katerina?

im so excited about the champions you've told us about that i have refused to spend any of my ip because i want all the champs you design that are comin out.

as always, thanks for your time and answers!