Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JP3885

12-30-2010

For the new champ if u layed 20 traps in a line wouldnt they snare over and over again because they hold the person in place then let them go to step on the next one?

turkeyBACON

12-30-2010

Hi Ezreal; I was thinking about flash and trying to come up with a possible solution to keep it in game and discourage using it defensively, but it requires tacking on a new mechanic and thats just complicating a simple summoner spell. Alternatively I think it could be an interesting ability for a new champ.

So, when the Champ flashes/dashes they reveal themselves to all players on the map at their new location in a flash of light applying a blind on any enemy nearby champs. The reveal and the blind should discourage them using it defensively and encourage them to use it offensively.

I know its not perfect but i thought it might be interesting to consider.

Derkyn

12-30-2010

Merry christmas Ez. Always following your replies.
First some issue with cassio, I Had this problems with her in team fights, when using Q stop the champ, and doesn't let pursue the enemy champ. The idea of she being a quick champ,the opposite of anivia, is broken for this (you spam E, but when you need to use again Q, stuck in the ground)

I had some time thinking about a kit for a champ, and I couldn't forget about it. So I need to share too.
This is about a ranged squishy dps. I was watching broken sword, that is anime of mechas and though about a champ that can auto attack while he is moving. Mainly I was imagining a man covered in heavy future armor,with some guns, that moves like a uvc of SC2.

He first skill would be a escape mechanism predetermined. you choose a direction or place of the map and it charges(like janna tornado some seconds) until you can push again for jump. Adding too or a slow,damage where you jump, or a projectile pop for some utility and low cd

Second is that you lock a target and you can autoattack him while you are moving(this champ should have low range like teemo or less). too add while lvl up this skill some steroid and duration.
Third skill, Some damage with debuff in front of the champ, like the E of Corki(I though about a flamethrower)
And the ultimate is, with low range, trap a champ with a web that you can drag with you. Like Bat rider from dota. Have too a MS steroid and let the victim only be rooted, not stunned.

The idea is that he is like a kidnapper(R+Q countered if you are quick and stun or escape) and a Hit and run squishy character. He begin to auto attack with the W and E, while charge the Q for escape or for jump forward. He could tower dive like vlad, and escape if he is prepared, but in the surprise attacks that he recieves won't work because he needs to charge the Q.
The problem about this character idea is that it look well seeing melee champs, but against others ranged he could be wiped easily

LordBlackstar

12-30-2010

You know, seeing this sort of thread with actual answers makes me quite happy. I like the insight it gives and the fact that I get to learn more about internal affairs at a place that I would love to work at. The work that you guys do is great, and I want it to keep going as it is now... though maybe the map team needs some more motivation. =P I was wondering if you guys would ever actually take a player submitted champion idea and make it into an actual champion if it was good enough, and what good enough would constitute in such a situation. Also, where one would put such an idea to get it seen by a Riot employee?

Shaya

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-30-2010

Hey Ezreal, hope you're enjoying the holiday season

I had some random tidbit ideas that have been kinda gnawing at me for a while...

1. Stealth issue
Possible Solution: Stealth isn't (completely) based on timers, but distance of movement. A timer -could- still exist to avoid "sit it one spot for 20 minutes" type of thing.
Understanding: How do you describe in a skill "you can move x distance", what is a fair distance to travel?
At the moment there are no "counters" to stealth that involve gameplay, its all about ludicrous amounts of gold for temporary solutions. With this type of change, players who are constantly in movement reduce the effectiveness of stealth (stealthers would need to back off + use brush more) rather than it currently being "hey i'm a stealther who will follow you around for about a minute until my team comes to gank you!"
It also makes ganking someone who has turned invisible to be a lot more feasible if you don't have an oracles, it also removes the "oh hi, you almost got me, ima go invisi while my team shows up so they know where you are (you get the picture)"
A stealth like Shaco's which is very short in duration doesn't necessarily need a change, I personally think it's fine.

2. The Deathfire grasp / Ability based % of health.
The problems with it being too 'broken' and what not to be similar to Madred's Bloodrazer, when I think a possible solution is:
An item which increases the damage of a spell cast by a percentage of the enemy's BONUS HEALTH.
The whole 'bonus' concept is something Riot's been getting into lately, so it isn't too foreign to introduce this item's mechanic (imo).
Literally, if someone has absolutely no health items this item will not increase the damage of a spell cast at all.

However let's say you have a spell which deals 200 damage normally, the opponent has base 1800 health but has a health crystal so they're at 1980. The spell when cast on them will deal 200 * (1980/1800) damage: 210. If it were to scale at 1x linearly it wouldn't be that good, but you get the picture of how the item would work with a spell's damage (well it would scale well linearly if MAGIC RESIST wouldn't annihilate most of that extra damage...). Actually, doing it by (bonus health / base health) is not a good idea, as it becomes stronger against squishies rather than the tanks

Oh and a question!
How was Ezreal's lore crafted? Are you a fan of Indiana Jones? What's with the Haruhi dance?

Light has come

12-30-2010

Hi Ezreal. Your my hero for sticking with this thread for 200 pages.

I'd really like to know what the deal is with Part II of the Valoran Video Contest is. The winners were supposed to have been announced on Dec 20th and we have yet to hear a thing from you guys about it despite having numerous Summoner Spotlights and such things since the 20th. A lot of people worked hard on those videos and not hearing anything about the results of the contest is very disheartening. I made two different threads on this topic and shamelessly bumped them but no reply. So I thought I'd ask here since you were being so nice responding to the community.

And btw, Jax's W does not proc on hit effects when combo'd with his Leap Strike. If not combo'd it proc's them just fine. I don't know if this is a bug or intended but I thought I'd let you know.

Malurth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-31-2010

Cassiopiea's Q - why does it not give sight?

I really like playing as her, but from the experience of a diehard Karthus player, it just plain pains me that I can't use Q to scout at least a little. Karthus's Q is far more spammable yet it's the one to give sight? I am confused.

P.S. I know how you guys like to nerf so please don't take away Karthus's sight because I mentioned it D:

EDIT: Oh also, can we do something about Nunu's ult's interaction with brush? It's quite frankly BS when you get ulted by him without knowing he was ulting at all, or at the very least where to run. Would it be fair if panth could ult in brush and his indicator lines wouldn't show? Most certainly not. This is, in fact, even worse, because Nunu's ult is probably the most powerful spell in the game (2.5 AP ratio dear god).

Torture1

12-31-2010

WTF is ur problem Riot

why would u go ahead and nerf ez. he wasnt even that powerful.
Also, twitch y would u make his ulti only 6 hits.

u broke my heart riot and now ur going break others

MegurineLuka

12-31-2010

Hey Ez,

What happened to the designer speaking in the spotlights. I love listening to the designers talking about what they intended the champion of fulfilling in game. If your not planning on speaking in it can you tell me what you are trying to achieve with Caitlyn?

Thanks! Happy New Year!

NDfXTKlFxuKSbeRT

01-01-2011

Im sad that you skipped my question at page 184
But im really eager to know whats your thought on the balance and fun.
For example,
Jax is pretty boring now after the remake,mainly due to the remade of empower:before rework it charges lampost for Jax to release the next powerful strike,the longer he charges the more damage he deal.Its more visually fun and unique on gameplay than the current one.But its gone now.
Can you explain why Riot just remake it into a boring next-hit ability?
It's the only attractive and fun skill from Jax...I find that even now no one plays him any more,not because he is that UP but he just become a super boring auto attacker.
So here is the request:
Would you guys please put more attention and effort on the fun aspect of him when balancing him?
Thanks in advance.