Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ChUmp3r

12-30-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChUmp3r View Post
Just want to say congratz on being the most unique champion designer at Riot. All the champs you make I cant seem to stay away from. My question was can you give us an idea as to Caitlyn's auto-attack range/speed?
Haha thanks dude but be careful at feeding a designer's ego =-P. Her attack range is 650 (25 longer than Annie), while her speed is 305.

I meant since she is a Sniper does she have like a slower attack speed with a higher Base damage?

CovertGhoul

12-30-2010

Doh, on my previous post when I said Pantheon's Aegis, I meant to say HSS.

"Also, with Pantheon can you change HEARTSEEKER to scale off of bonus AD instead of total AD? Just make it like 55-60% instead of 40 and remove his base damage from the formula. This way Pantheon has to actually try in lane versus squishies."

Peach Plum Pair

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-30-2010

How do you feel about the new Haruhi movie?

Riyshn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-30-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezreal View Post
The visuals seem counter to him being a melee bruiser.
Passive: Neat, though visually spammy. How do they scale (at all?), seems like less gameplay than if they were to stack with attack speed.
Q: Zig Zags are interesting, though I ultimately don't like them. They end up just being meaningless rng. As for the shadows, do they do damage, or does the fissure? Seems solid albeit very powerful.
W: Ah, this is how they scale. I like both parts, though you should note that they are counter synergistic within the same ability (the passive refunds life only if they expire, while the active forcibly removes the dot and the life refund).
E: How does the spell get better at level 2 and 4? Also, this character now has a slow, an immobilize, and clones. It may be too confusign to play against.
R: Interesting, I don't entirely know how that would play, but it seems neat. Cool idea.

Cheers.
To be fair, Shaco has a slow, a DoT, a clone, a blink, stealth, traps, and two moves that can pop projectiles.

And maybe attack speed or damage % buff for the clones at 2/4?

Salien

12-30-2010

Quote:
We actually tried it on Swain a while back, and it ended up not feeling good at all (standing still to channel for a long period of time rarely feels good).
I've wondered about this; long channels are basically a self-hard-disable that you can break at any time. Have you thought about doing something similar with a self-soft-disable? Something like you use an ability, and it roots yourself (but you can still use other abilities and attack) while it does X to an enemy for Y seconds; you can activate the ability again to end your own root and end whatever X is doing to the enemy.

It feels like something like this could be more exciting than channeling; you're not sitting there doing nothing for a few seconds, but you _are_ more vulnerable since you can't move, as a price for X being a bit more powerful or Y a bit longer. And you still have the ability to opt out of being disabled at any time.

freelancer32

12-30-2010

Quote:
The Q change would be the next one I do (unless I do something fancier like giving W a passive component).
o.O?! that means this idea might happen?!

Essence Flux
[Passive] Convert 20/25/30/35/40% of Ezreal's total ability power into bonus damage when he physically attacks.

[Active] Ezreal fires a wave of energy that damages all enemy champions it passes through for 80/130/180/230/280 (+0.7) magic damage. Affected ally and enemy champions have their attack speed respectively hasted or slowed by 20/25/30/35/40% for 5 seconds.

:P

Quote:
Haha, I'm afraid not, I play as frosted Ezreal every time. Though I'm looking forward to doing a new skin for him some day.
How about Shurima Desert Ezreal? Or Techmaturgy Ezreal? Or Null Ezreal (Void)?

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=419796

Ideas to help you with a Plant champion. :P

Nbank

12-30-2010

Ezreal do you have any plans in changing Lux's Q and E cooldowns in the future. I like to main Lux and she is the most fun character I have yet to play. Her W and R spells are perfect but I feel that with the Q and E spells being very long cooldowns even with CDR + blue buff. After I use all my spells I feel like I have to sit there and do nothing for a little while. Any ideas on changing it?

Korean Vayne

12-30-2010

Custom Champion: Yumiko, the Ionian Beauty

Appearance: A girl with a white kimono, with the bow in front (hips) instead of in the back, she looks japanese. She has fans as her main weapons, and she has laces on her back( a la Dr. Octopus). The concept was to make a reversed character. Tanks are normally male, bulky characters. She is a girl, her tankiness comes from the armor she got (read lore). Also it is further exemplified by the backwards bow.

==Lore==

Yumiko is a teenager from Ionia, she was a student in the a monk academy in the mountains. She was a really tough student so the monks decided to giver a final test before a really early "graduation", she was to spend a month in the mountains learning about survival by herself. But after months and months passed without her return she was tought dead; until one morning a year after she left, she finally returned unscathed and carrying three magical treasures she claimed were given to her by the mountain itself. The items were a couple of oak and silver fans as sharp as a sword; an armor made of cloth as hard as steel and as light as a feather that coudl wear under her robes; and the weirdest of all, a gold medallion with magical laces flowing from it, that Yumiko could command with her mind to do her bidding. After the great celebration the monks madein her honour, she announced she would fulfill her dream to join the League of Legends to defend the interest of her people; in secret she only wanted to show off her magical prowess and toughness.

Melee, Tank
==Stats==

|hp = 460 (+89)
|mana = 235 (+43)
|damage = 51 (+3.2)
|range = 125
|armor = 20 (+3)
|magicresist = 30 (+1)
|attackspeed = 0.675 (+3.2%)
|healthregen = 1.6 (+.18)
|manaregen = .9 (+.06)
|speed = 320

==Champion Cost==
IP=3150
RP=975

==Abilities==

Passive: Binding Strikes.
Every 10 seconds, when Yumiko autoattacks she strikes twice and snares her opponent. Duration of the snare is equal to .2s + (.05 s *level).

Q=Slashing Fans
Active: Yumiko throws her fans as boomerangs in a certain manner damaging every opponent in their way quickly. She can't autoattack or use her W ability for the duration of this attack.

It is like Sivir's Boomeragn Blade but as they are two, it has a wider and much shorter range (like a cone) and is weaker, but it doesn't reduce damage for every subsequent hit, but the damage remains the same for every target it hits.

Passive: It increases her Attack Damage.

 Range: 700
 Cost: 50 / 65 / 80 / 95 / 110 Mana
 Cooldown: 20 / 17 / 14 / 11 / 11 seconds
 Damage: 25 / 50 / 75 / 100 / 125 (+ Attack Damage)
 Passive Extra Damage: 5 / 10 / 15 / 20 / 25 (+ level)

W=Stunning Dance (Feedback on this)
Active: Yumiko makes a dance, suddenly stunning/taunting/slowing/snaring (please provide feedback on this) all nearby enemies (600 range) for the half-second the dance lasts (the duration cannot be reduced). Inmediately after her dance ends she spins, damaging every enemy in the area with her laces and with her fans. These are two concurrent attacks. Her laces deal magic damage to everyone in a 400 range further entangling them, while her fans deal physical damage to everyone in a 200 range, this means that if the enemies are hit by the fans they are also hit by the laces.
Passive: It increases Yumiko's dodge by 3% every rank.
Cost: 55 / 70 / 85 / 100 / 115 Mana
Cooldown: 28 / 24 / 20 / 16 / 12 seconds
Laces Magic Damage: 25 / 40 / 55 / 70 / 85 (+0.5 per Ability Power)
Fans Physical Damage: 25 / 40 / 55 / 70 / 85 (+.75 per Attack Damage)
Snaring Duration: .2 / .4 / .6 / .8 / 1 seconds

E=Protecting Laces
Active: Yumiko commands her laces to protect her, increasing her armor, her magic resistance and movement speed, but preventing her to autoattack. You can deactivate it by clicking E or using any other ability.
 Passive: Increases her armor and magic resistance by 3 every rank.
 Cost: 80 / 90 / 100 / 110 / 120 Mana
 Cooldown: 30 / 26 / 22 / 18 / 14 seconds
 Armor and Magic Resistance Bonus: 20 / 35 / 50 / 65 / 80 (+0.1 per Ability Power)
 Movement Speed Bonus: 10 / 20 / 35 / 40 / 55 %

Ultimate: Highly Punishement
Yumiko targets an enemy champion in range and freezes; charging her laces at her sides. A second later the laces entangle the target and deal magic damage (cannot be evaded unless the target teleported away), then her target is drawn in front of her, still stunned for another half-second, and receives physical damage. Yumiko can't die while the ability is in progress (she can't get below 1hp), but she can't move at all either.
 Targeting Range: 800
 Total Stun: 1.5 seconds

 Cost: 100 / 150 / 200 Mana
 Cooldown: 180 / 150 / 120 seconds
 Magic Damage: 125 / 200 / 275 (+.5 per ability power)
 Physical Damage: 125 / 200 / 275 (+.3 per attack damage)

Notes: Her innate does not activates with her abilities. Slashing Fans Passive Attack Damage Bonus applies to every ability that uses attack damage.

0shi

12-30-2010

Lovely to see the active responses to the community from yourself and others... But I did have a couple of questions of my own :P.
Are stealth-granting items (even if conditional or very short duration) likely after the rework?
Is there any thoughts about changing knock-up effects to be more escapable (cc reduction, cleanse/qss-able etc)? I find them far more infuriating than stuns, these days, but perhaps that's just due to their greater prevelance/use as part of an already bursty character's kit.

Hired Man

12-30-2010

Are there any plans to change/buff a few of the relatively useless passives? Like Twisted Fate's bonus 2 gold per kill, you need 50 kills to get 100 gold, which is about 1 ward. Most, if not all TF players would prefer something else, even if it's a TF-only gold bonus with more gold (like 5 or more). Alistar's passive isn't very good either, at least on Alistar.

Also, I think Jax needs some help too. If Jax isn't going to be given any slow or stun, he needs a way to contribute to an organized team fight. He doesn't live long, his dodge is completely unreliable, he has a hard time attacking the enemy more than once, and his Leap Strike is pretty crappy.

Leap Strike:
1) Doesn't apply on hit effects from Frozen Mallet or lizard red buff
2) It doesn't hit right away, if you click too soon, the Leap Strike is canceled, Leap Strike should be instant
3) Jax usually doesn't land anywhere near the target; he has a hard time hitting a second time to slow with Frozen Mallet or lizard red buff (because of 1), and if he's lucky enough to have counterstrike, he's sometimes not in range to hit them with it

Leap Strike should be more usable like Katarina's Shunpo, which is nearly identical in usage. That's just one part of his problem.