Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Blackfyre

12-28-2010

Wow Ez, props for keeping with this thread. As a fellow dev, I know how hard that can be. Figured I'd jot down some of my thoughts on Malzahar.

Malzahar

Love the champ, definitely my most played. Wish he had a better skin (or new particles on his other skins (i.e. fire / shadow on vizier / shadow prince).

1. Voidlings: I've started really trying to incorporate a malefic visions guided frenzied voidling in my gank attempts (especially in the laning phase), but they're kind of hit and miss. You only have a 15 second window to hit where "everything is lined up" as it were.
    • Suggestion: Thoughts on making his voidling continue to live as long as malz casts spells (i.e. it dies if he doesn't cast anything for 10 sec)? Could even make it power up as spells are cast near them (instead of being time-based). It keeps in void theme like Kassadin's force pulse, allows you to "grow" them (cast spells), and allows you to keep a raised frenzy voidling around in team fights at at critical times, at the possible expense of burning through your mana if you tried to keep it around for too long. Would probably have to limit it to one voidling total.
  2. Nether Grasp: Super fun spell to use, although the ability to move out of it is a double edged sword. Abort that gank a split second too late and you've burned your ult and are in cool-down.
    • Suggestion: Thoughts on scaling it's cool-down based on how long the spell actually cast? i.e. if you cast less than half, you get 50% cooldown as opposed to the full thing. Could give some neat utility to break channels where a kill isn't really possible.

Actually, thinking about it, here's a few more ideas.

1. Customize Recommended Items Tab. Ability to customize the items showed in the recommended items tab for each champion. I hate having to go through a whole bunch of screens to pick the kit I use almost all the time with Malzahar (RoA - ArchStaff - Speed boots). I don't use any items from the recommended tab other than Doran's Ring.
  2. Rune Caster / Support Champion. Each ability creates a visible rune object which causes effects in a radius around it (No skill-shot or targeted spells). Only one of each type of Rune can be active, and runes can be attacked and destroyed. Kit = Rune of Slowness, Rune of Strength, Rune of Healing, Rune of Agony (some near proxy farming capabilities here)
  3. Spell Breaker Champion. Breaks and transfers status effects.
    Spell Swap - Transfers a status effect (stun, slow, silence) from an ally to the nearest hostile target and does damage. If no target is near, transfers the status effect to himself.
    Spell Shatter (ult) - Does point blank AoE damage. If he's suffering from a status effect (slow, stun, silence), does bonus damage and transfers the effect to nearby hostile targets.

CovertGhoul

12-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackfyre View Post
Wow Ez, props for keeping with this thread. As a fellow dev, I know how hard that can be. Figured I'd jot down some of my thoughts on Malzahar.

Malzahar

Love the champ, definitely my most played. Wish he had a better skin (or new particles on his other skins (i.e. fire / shadow on vizier / shadow prince).
  1. Voidlings: I've started really trying to incorporate a malefic visions guided frenzied voidling in my gank attempts (especially in the laning phase), but they're kind of hit and miss. You only have a 15 second window to hit where "everything is lined up" as it were.
    • Suggestion: Thoughts on making his voidling continue to live as long as malz casts spells (i.e. it dies if he doesn't cast anything for 10 sec)? Could even make it power up as spells are cast near them (instead of being time-based). It keeps in void theme like Kassadin's force pulse, allows you to "grow" them (cast spells), and allows you to keep a raised frenzy voidling around in team fights at at critical times, at the possible expense of burning through your mana if you tried to keep it around for too long. Would probably have to limit it to one voidling total.
  2. Nether Grasp: Super fun spell to use, although the ability to move out of it is a double edged sword. Abort that gank a split second too late and you've burned your ult and are in cool-down.
    • Suggestion: Thoughts on scaling it's cool-down based on how long the spell actually cast? i.e. if you cast less than half, you get 50% cooldown as opposed to the full thing. Could give some neat utility to break channels where a kill isn't really possible.

Actually, thinking about it, here's a few more ideas.

1. Customize Recommended Items Tab. Ability to customize the items showed in the recommended items tab for each champion. I hate having to go through a whole bunch of screens to pick the kit I use almost all the time with Malzahar (RoA - ArchStaff - Speed boots). I don't use any items from the recommended tab other than Doran's Ring.
  2. Rune Caster / Support Champion. Each ability creates a visible rune object which causes effects in a radius around it (No skill-shot or targeted spells). Only one of each type of Rune can be active, and runes can be attacked and destroyed. Kit = Rune of Slowness, Rune of Strength, Rune of Healing, Rune of Agony (some near proxy farming capabilities here)
  3. Spell Breaker Champion. Breaks and transfers status effects.
    Spell Swap - Transfers a status effect (stun, slow, silence) from an ally to the nearest hostile target and does damage. If no target is near, transfers the status effect to himself.
    Spell Shatter (ult) - Does point blank AoE damage. If he's suffering from a status effect (slow, stun, silence), does bonus damage and transfers the effect to nearby hostile targets.
You should use a Rylai's on him, having visions slow for 5 seconds is amazing.

IS13537e7a92416eab299e3

12-28-2010

Who´s your next champ in the pipe?

iiYop

12-28-2010

Are you gonna change the champion giveaway from facebook a day? plss plss!

Hotarukin

12-28-2010

-If- you are making a plant champion (for example, a plant queen) I'd like to suggest an ability: Demacian Rosebrush (name could be changed, just reminded me of Garen). Think something along the lines of a Sunfire Cape on targeted brush (or creating the brush itself) If champions are too close to it, it damages them, and hinders vision for them in the latter case. Also maybe supplies vision like a Teemo shroom

Hotarukin

12-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by CovertGhoul View Post
You should use a Rylai's on him, having visions slow for 5 seconds is amazing.
and zone slowing a bit makes it easier to line up his silence.

Hotarukin

12-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Tale Teller View Post
@Ezreal:

When will we have a Dragon tamer/ Lizard champ?

What is Aeon?
Aeon is now Tempus (I believe) and is a time-based assassin.

InfernalWyvern

12-28-2010

Where is this pipe we keep speaking of?

Corvusa

12-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfernalWyvern View Post
Where is this pipe we keep speaking of?
Its a theoretical pipeline, in this case being the line of work planned.

Hotarukin

12-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeskiAddict View Post
Caitlyn's ult is a long range single target nuke that can be intercepted. I have a few questions:
Is that a skillshot?
What is its missile speed compared to other skills?
If it's not a skillshot, I assume the projectile will make a curve to reach moving targets?
I know I should wait for the champion splotlight to see how everything works but I had to ask because even though I'm mainly a melee player, I was a big fan of a few ranged like Alleria from DotA. Caitlyn looks like a more imaginative version of Alleria with a heavier emphasis on long range in my opinion.
Morello or Phreak said: It's not a skillshot. Missile speed is comparable to Malphite's Q. It will follow the target. Someone standing in the way can take the hit for them. (presumably, taking the damage, too :P, though I'd assume they'd take a bit less as it wasn't aimed at -their- vitals.)