Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Thomphoolery

11-08-2010

Does Cassiopeia have to do with the planets?

IS13537e7a92416eab299e3

11-08-2010

Hey Ezreal,some questions for ya.

1.Wasn`t Distortion meant for the time DPS champ?
2.Any (new) plans for a spider champ (since you cancelled Priscilla)?
3.How is the Urgot rework going? Will he have Acid Hunter with an 1:1 AD ratio?
4.Is there an AP item with armor bonus coming out soon? (well I know that there are 2 in the TR but they are obviously too strong) Veigar and Annie would love you for that.
5.Where is my "killer robot of doom" champ? Blitzcrank is way too peaceful =(
6.Any champ in the work that has a combo-ish fighting style like Akali? I really like to spam out all my skills and win the day.
7.Any chance to buff Executioner´s Calling? It deals low magic damage that is easily turned into 0 with some magic resist.I think the passive should deal true damage.Don`t you think so?

Forcepowa

11-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezreal View Post

1) Null zone is in a bad place since he needs his ult to use it. As such we've considered a few options (including a slow, which we don't like, or giving another ability a slow). That being said, I believe we have other options (such as reducing duration / cooldown heavily). Though we aren't changing anything on him right now.
2) Well, that was a different ability, however we found that the damage was too inconsistent to be a primary spammy ability (since it deals dramatically different damage based on if the target is standing still or running). We change abilities lightly up until a week before a champion is released. We generally try to avoid major ability changes at the last minute, however sometimes bad stuff happens (ex. Lux's stealth was leading to too many bugs, so we opted to change it rather than introduce weird bugs to the community).
3) He was designed to have higher dps w/ less battlefield control (as you know, we have plenty of hard CC in our game right now, I wanted to avoid that).
4) It is always a battle to convince ourselves not to put a hard CC on him (since after all, that would make him viable). However, doing so would mean he would be less unique and fulfill a different role, albeit that's the roll most players want. I believe we still have wiggle room on changing Null Zone before we have to remake abilities.
5) That's option number two (nice work). However, it is based entirely on if we reduce the cooldown on Null Zone dramatically (as they would have similar effects).
1)Reducing the duration and the Cooldown on Null Zone could work. It only really needs 3 seconds. As thats about all the time you can guarantee an enemy will stay in it. Although some can argue that they could stay in it for longer if they were dumb enough to ignore it. Although the Cooldown reduction would come along with that. It has to be enough to compensate the no longer being able to stun lock people for 5 seconds in his Null Zone. As its quite common to drop your null zone. Then once an Aoe stun/root goes off then Ult whomever is still in it for the other 3 seconds. A duration nerf of 2 seconds is a 40% duration nerf. The corresponding cooldown buff would be 40% too which would make it 9.6 seconds Which would be 5.6 seconds with 40% cooldown. Which isnt bad. It could work. It gives the player the illusion that they are not just wasting their Null Zone on the air.

Another point though you would lose 40% potential damage as well. So I guess another Cooldown reduction could work. This would give him some lane control. If he could keep a Null Zone up frequently. Also would allow him something to do in a team fight besides just casting Cotv and Null Zone and waiting 10+ sec till they off cooldown. He could be denying some areas of the lane for his teammates to capitalize on.

As you can tell I really like the duration/cd reduction idea.

4) I think tweaking Null Zone would help exponentially. I think he doesn't need a full rework just some witty ideas to make his current skill set work better. (Thats why you have me )

Feedback part done..now Questions:

1) Any chance the cap to minions on Null Zone could be removed or increased. The large size of the AoE is ideal for minion farming. Just look at Morgana's W. I think you spoke on this before about concerns on soloing Baron. I understand that but a 60 damage per tick cap is a little bit brutal imo. Any chance of increasing the cap or something or making it scale some sort of way. Also it seems like it has different cap for different mobs. Not very consistent. I know Malzahar has Malefic Visions for farming but a minion damage cap on one of your skills makes farming a bit annoying. I'm thinking something like it does the greater of 8% (+0.01 ap) or the amount of AP you have in damage. The 1:1 AP ratio could only be for minions. This makes it easier instead of having multiple caps on different mobs. This way is more consistent. Even if the AP ratio was .8 on minions anything would be better then the 25/35/45/55/65 it has now. You could use the Voidling damage scaling amount. I think its 20 + 5 x lvl Damage.

2) Cotv full damage on hit by either particle pl0x?

3) What do you think of these changes to Malefic visions? Change it so that Malefic Visions and the mana regain are separate. So basically Malzahar gains mana from last hitting instead of Malefic Visions spread. It work similarly to Karthus E in that you have to choose between using the skill and gaining mana. Most Malzahar players would hate this at first but let me explain my reasoning. First of all you would be losing the ability to gain mana while your not in a lane or when your pushed back to your tower and your tower is eating all your last hit. You would still get the XP like normal.

Now lets look at what you gain. Malzahar is less telegraphed. This is the biggest plus imo. Everyone know he needs to keep his Malefic Visions spreading inorder to have enough mana to stay in the lane. Especially true early game where your Malefic Visions is weaker and cant kill a target unless you auto attack it. The enemy can exploit it this because they know that you want to auto attack that target so it spreads. You have to choose between giving up potential mana gain or receiving free harass. Thus forcing you to eventually have to go back to base.

If you make it so that all you have to do is last hit mobs in order to gain mana then you dont have to telegraph yourself early game. Also you dont have to keep pushing your lane inorder to gain mana. Another big point I want to stress here. This is huge for Malzahar because he has no escape mechanism. You can still choose to push your lane if u want, but your no longer forced too if your mana is low. You only have to focus on last hitting like everyone else. Also another advantage is its double synergies with gold gain from minion kills thus making you a better last hitter thus making you a better player. This is how it works for all the other mana gain skills why not on Malzahar too. Also this allows you to still harass with Malefic Visions but you just have to cast it on that minion next to him instead of clearing your entire minion wave and having it jump on him too. You would do this in order to get 100% effectiveness of the skill but with this change you dont have to.

A increase in mana regain to be on par with Karthus would be a nice change too but not necessary. More of a consistency thing.

4) Nethergrasp 750 range back. I really felt the 750 range was perfect for Malzhar. It made it alot easier to stun people onto your null zone. Now you have 100 range inside your null in which you wont be able to stun them. With 750 range you only have 50 range. It also really defined Malzahar role as an 1v1 assassin. He could mark a target for execution without worrying about getting raped back as all other interrupts were 700 range and under. So he could finally cast from a safe distance. This allowed the skill to be used in team fight and allowed a Malzahar to lead his team to victory. Too bad it doesn't auto ping a target too. but then it would be too perfect WW is the only other champion with a similar skill and he gets his Life steal and a gap closer out of his ultimate as well as the stun. I think all Malzahar really needs for his is ultimate is that extra 50 range.

5) Voidlings has base Armor of 30 and Magic resist of 50. Shouldnt that be the other way around? Voidlings dont really need 50 magic resist as people dont go around casting nukes on him. I guess its for smite. Although I dont find smite that big of a problem as everyone doesnt have it. I find my Voidling dies to auto attacks more. Whether its farming, the tower or some melee dps that doesnt like my Voidling. Maybe those values should be swapped? 50 magic resist is quite random. What do you think?

6) http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=324837 (its just a picture)
This would be an epic change for Malzahar. Screw the eye beam thing. He needs this. Could also turn this into a legendary skin. Which would synergize well with these changes as people would probably give Malzahar another try.

TLDR: Wow that was longer then I thought. Although I got to say what I wanted about Malzahar. You just have to read it when you have time. Although I like to believe that with all these changes I made Malzahar viable without a rework. Would like to know what you think.

Fendral

11-08-2010

Hi Ez,

Concerning Lux, how do you think she fares after her most recent buff? Do you believe she's solidly fulfilling her roll of support-nuke as was described? Is there more that you would like to see done to her/what do you believe she's lacking? Any chance of having her light-binding somehow indicate that it hit a unit in brush instead of just continuing on until termination?

Ăšltima

11-08-2010

Ezreal,

Could you please consider, since it appears you are looking into Ez atm, these changes.

This has been upvoted in my thread almost 600 times so it looks quite promising, i have done the math myself and In my semi-professional opinion this solves Ez's early game dominance (What he used to be, not now) But gives him back a late game in the state he is in now.

First off. Revert his base stats from last patch... Completely, I still cannot believe that they were nerfed. That was probably the worst change I have ever seen in a LoL patch notes, and I've been here since beta.

Mystic shot scaling changed to: 90/95/100/105/110%, this is the kicker, it weakens his early game as that was his only problem before hand while still maintaining his reasonable late game. Of course this won't work at all if his base stats are still as low as they are ( I mean the lowest base AD in the game is on an AD carry? like srsly)

Reference: http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=320117

Please atleast put these to the test realm to prove that it solves Ez, and this doesn't even give him the potential to be OP considering its actually a nerf to his early game.

p.s Seriously... base stats... why
p.p.s Also Ezreal was regarded as the most mobile champ in the game. Except he has the lowest base movement speed?

Base stats.... for the love of god

ry2k00

11-08-2010

umm.. the SEA LoL is coming up and i don't know who to ask.. so maybe i can ask you whether or not LoL will allow account transfer from the US server to SEA server?

N49

11-08-2010

Twin champions, that is two champions that share abilities, appearance ect. but each having one unique skill(the ult maybe), and are obviously separate entries to buy and chose.
Maybe even have one deal only physical, and the other only magical damage, as a gimmick.

What's your opinion on the idea? If positive, chances we'll see something like that in game?

Morticio

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-08-2010

1. How rare you, Mr Ezrealzor?

2. What the hell happened with Eve remake? Its like, I thought the remake was going to happen before LeBlanc, even before MissFortune. But why are we still waiting?

3. Ezreal's dance is so funny *-*

4. I like number four.

GiPi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morticio View Post
1. How rare you, Mr Ezrealzor?

2. What the hell happened with Eve remake? Its like, I thought the remake was going to happen before LeBlanc, even before MissFortune. But why are we still waiting?

3. Ezreal's dance is so funny *-*

4. I like number four.

Ezreal dance = the best ever

FateAvrnicus

11-08-2010

Hi Sir Ezreal, thanks for your excellent work! the day of Irelia's arrival is getting closer! :P
I got some questions for you, I hope you don't mind answering it:
1. What's your rune setup on Irelia? I guess armor penetration marks and quints? xD
2. Which champion has the closest playstyle to her? I'm guessing Akali? tho this won't matter because I'm a big fan of your champions and definitely buying her :P
3. Do you think old champions should get buff if they didn't fit into current metagame? Nunu has great abilities but his consume abilities just useless during big teamfight. Is there a plan to buff Nunu a little bit?
4. About Tristana ultimate, If she used Buster Shot to 'A' champ, what if other champ that got hit by 'A' will took damage? (right now only knocked back) It would require skill to knock them back in straight line and I think it would be cool or a stun if knocked champion hits the wall.
5. Now that Cleanse removes blind from Exhaust, isn't 6 secs being unkillable should be reduced? it's totally unfun fighting jungle Tryndamere

Thanks again, keep up your excellent work, can;t wait for Irelia!