Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Agrias Oaks

10-18-2010

If Leblanc is no longer the next champ (Or has never been!) Can you tell us a hint about the next champ? Or at least what role they're to take? Its been a while since we've had a real melee DPS (Xin) or Ranged nuke/mage Champ (That isn't support). And gender? I'll continue to strive for gender equality

Besides Humans and Yordles, are we going to see any definitive and unique races to Runeterra? We see oddities (Ala Jax), but are we going to see a mainstream/major race that aren't the aforementioned two?

SpacemanSpliffed

10-18-2010

So, after playing Ezreal for a few games now, I gotta say, I love him, he's a great champion, and in my opinion, the most fun in the game.

Except, I just can't help but feel overwhelmed versus other characters in the game. I haven't tried an AP build yet, but I plan to, however, his AD side just seems, well, lackluster. His damage output is certainly not that of Twitch, and yet, Twitch has stealth, and a DoT attached to his abilities, and Ezreal's damage output is certainly no Katarina, except Katarina's ultimate can scale off of either AP or AD.

I just can't help but feel overwhelmed by other damage dealing carries. And considering that Ezreal's damage is almost purely single target, with the exception of his ultimate, I was just wondering how you, Ezreal, feel about Ezreal's damage output in the game?

It just doesn't seem fair/balanced for him to be outshone on single target damage by characters with more utility then he has. Katarina and Twitch both have an excellent ability to survive, yet bring much more damage to a team-fight, while Ezreal seems a little weak in comparison. While Ezreal certainly CAN melt characters, it just seems to take a lot more effort than other characters who do exactly what Ezreal does, but infinitely better. For a character who is purely a skillshot character, and almost purely a single-target damage character, it just seems like he should be doing more single target damage.

I would honestly suggest either a relatively decent damage buff for Ezreal, or maybe even going as far as to add a slowing effect to either his Q or his W ability, to make it so, in the absence of red/phage/frozen-mallet, Ezreal would be more of an assassin character. He is an AMAZINGLY fun character, it's just sad to see his damage so clearly outmatched by characters with far more utility.

NBA

10-18-2010

Quote:
SpacemanSpliffed:
So, after playing Ezreal for a few games now, I gotta say, I love him, he's a great champion, and in my opinion, the most fun in the game.

Except, I just can't help but feel overwhelmed versus other characters in the game. I haven't tried an AP build yet, but I plan to, however, his AD side just seems, well, lackluster. His damage output is certainly not that of Twitch, and yet, Twitch has stealth, and a DoT attached to his abilities, and Ezreal's damage output is certainly no Katarina, except Katarina's ultimate can scale off of either AP or AD.

I just can't help but feel overwhelmed by other damage dealing carries. And considering that Ezreal's damage is almost purely single target, with the exception of his ultimate, I was just wondering how you, Ezreal, feel about Ezreal's damage output in the game?

It just doesn't seem fair/balanced for him to be outshone on single target damage by characters with more utility then he has. Katarina and Twitch both have an excellent ability to survive, yet bring much more damage to a team-fight, while Ezreal seems a little weak in comparison. While Ezreal certainly CAN melt characters, it just seems to take a lot more effort than other characters who do exactly what Ezreal does, but infinitely better. For a character who is purely a skillshot character, and almost purely a single-target damage character, it just seems like he should be doing more single target damage.

I would honestly suggest either a relatively decent damage buff for Ezreal, or maybe even going as far as to add a slowing effect to either his Q or his W ability, to make it so, in the absence of red/phage/frozen-mallet, Ezreal would be more of an assassin character. He is an AMAZINGLY fun character, it's just sad to see his damage so clearly outmatched by characters with far more utility.

^This

Hypnotic Energy

10-18-2010

can you un-nerf yourself?

Polaritie

Recruiter

10-18-2010

Quote:
Demonman473:
Ok so lets give Udyr the ability to proc on-hit effects with every hit and lets see if every single one doesn't get madred's bloodrazors, sound like a plan?

Because Madred's damage gets cut to 1/3 like all other damage already?

PrisciIla

10-18-2010

Quote:
Ezreal:
I
Well, we put her (and others like Plant King and Water Wizard) on hold some 2 years ago. So I would say it's not very likely that she would ever come out. As for her name, it was Priscilla.

No! Glorious Spider Queen! Maybe one day, when you all completely run out of ideas for new champs...

BroForgotnglory

10-18-2010

Quote:
Ezreal:

Clairvoyance is often used as a guess to where the jungler is, additionally it often flushes the jungler out from being able to jungle at the location they want to (else you might gank them). As for promoting a set of jungle minions, that has too high of a chance of hurting your own team for my taste...

To tell the truth, Nidalee was meant to be an anti jungler (with the ability to lay traps in the jungle which grant her sight, as well as rapid transit...and the extra rapid transit while in brush). Additionally, Teemo makes a great anti jungler as he lays traps all around the jungle whenever he goes in. This will become even more obvious with the next patch.

As for using promote against yourself, then you're using a summoner spell slot to make yourself use more time getting a marginal gain to xp/gold. That doesn't sound like good gameplay to me =-P.

Hehe well to be fair it would be used for more than just against yourself, and it could possibly get you early game kills, and or save you. On top of that, a "marginal" xp/gold difference can change games. Especially in early game.

Quote:
Ezreal:
We have considered bloodrazor'esque mage items, though we've never found one that really jells. Any ideas?

Hmmmmmm, well i have a few ideas that may or maynot suit what your looking for.

Black medalion - Abilities will place a debuff on the enemy that steals 5% of there magic resistance, and armor. This effect is stackable, however after "X" number of stacks a dark circular aura will appear around the enemy sending 30% of there life, to the caster in the form of a temporary shield. (the dark aura will send out a chain like wave that links to the caster thus forming a bubble around the caster).

However, if the shield is not destroyed the life that was stolen will return to its victim.
(This item may allow any enemies inflicted by the black curse (The dark bubble that steals 30% of there life) to deal increased damage to the reciptent of the curse).

Afterthoughts - Well anything that can kill a tank, will kill a squishie faster, so i thought that by allowing the recipetant of the dark curse to deal increased damage it would prevent this problem. Additionally, should the increased damage be significant enough, the dark curse may need to become an active of the black medalion. For example an enemy has recieved 5 debuffs, the mage can then choose to activate dark curse on that enemy should he or she so desire.Additionally this could prevent future problems with AOE users. (but perhaps this should be an optimal Item for AOE mages)

I was also thinking the debuffs should last between 30-75 seconds seeing how most mages rely on postioning to get any damage in.

Corrupted heart - For every ounce of magic damage blocked/dimished, the user of this item gains mana. Additionally, this item would give magic penetration based on the amount of mana the person has.

This would be a great item for casters, because 1, it would allow casters to constantly harrass tanks. Seriously, Just imagine the amount of mana casters will gain when there spell gets blocked by bansheeviel. (i orginally wanted to have this give a temporary ap boost, but opted not to becaus of this). and 2, it would give penetration to go with this constant barrage of harrassing.

Thoughts on both of the items? ^.^

Salganos

10-18-2010

I've seen a number of spell effects (mostly spell vamp though) apply on all sorts of magical damage that doesn't rightly qualify as a spell (like Vorpal Spikes), simply for being magical damage. Does Void Staff also affect such things and if so why would Last Whisper affecting all sources of physical damage be a problem (especially considering the AS is wasted on physical bursts)? Defense penetration (percentile or otherwise) doesn't seem so much an on hit effect as it seems a quality affecting defense calculations.

Sorry for harping on this subject a bit.

BriiiicckSquuuad

10-18-2010

Ezreal my homie i would be your bestes friend in the world no joke if you release cat girl ezreal

Fo sure

MarkedRaptor

10-18-2010

scratch that, just read the patch notes.

by the way I meant to say that Ezreal can't stand up to "any RANGED" carry not melee.