so my real life beliefs are being tested. wut do?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GMB Vamp13

4 Weeks Ago

i always believed if someone doesnt want to be here, on earth, and is an adult, and is certified as sane by a psychologist they should have the right to do whatever they want, even if that means end their own life.

recently i have a friend that i know isnt depressed, and is sane (according to a psych) that is passively killing himself (by smoking/drinking despite the doctor telling him he will die within a year if he keeps it up).

he is an adult, i brought it up to him and he said he┤s ok with living a year as opposed to 30.

what do?

Hamadriade

4 Weeks Ago

try to convince him to quit doing that **** just don't force him

DariusDemiurge

4 Weeks Ago

How old is this friend? if he is 30 to 40 let him go, anything after those years sucks, the decay and the aging.

Grotesque Butche

4 Weeks Ago

Some people don't give a fuck whether they live or die.

Given the choice to die what (I presume this is the case for your friend) they love doing, or being taken away from what they desire just for a longer life, some people choose the former.

Angler Jax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

4 Weeks Ago

ask GD

Mahtaydon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

4 Weeks Ago

don't be a hypocrite and let him die.

S├Ąturn

4 Weeks Ago

accept that it's his life and it's how he wants to live it

it's selfish to deny him his prerogative to freedom just because you'll miss him. have fun with him while you can, and try to learn to let go

you, can however try to show him there's more to life. as long as you aren't forcing anything

TheVishual

4 Weeks Ago

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink... People are gonna do what they wanna do friend.

Not much you can do but support those who you care about and hope they come out of it.

Blazing Fang

4 Weeks Ago

If he is worth it to you, repremiand him and ask his why he is doing all this. If he is that important to you then let him know that you are always there for him if he needs you. And if he doesn't mean a **** to you then let him do as he pleases. It is so easy to call someone friend even if you have known them for years but in this day and age, calling someone a friend could mean anything or absolutely nothing.

MLG420YOL0SWAG

4 Weeks Ago

If they want to die, who are you to stop them?