Is Nocturne good?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

oliver1350

10-10-2012

You bring up good points but like any assasains you have to have great timing to be good in team fights. The other reason he is really good is because his great clear time he should be ganking all the time and still always have his jungle clear and counter jungle some. In essence, all jungle camps are nocturnes and he is always a danger to gank.

FinalFighter1

10-10-2012

Any more opinions?

Balloon Animals

10-10-2012

I have been playing Noc since release when he was definitely OP. He is viable now, but is starting to feel on the weaker side and I don't think he sees much tournament play lately. Basically, he can't 1v1 the stronger junglers and after the last umbra blades nerf his full clear doesn't leave him as healthy as I would like. Ult cooldown is huge now and the fear tether is pretty short. I think Skarner is a much better choice at this point for solo queue and he is my main now.

oliver1350

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balloon Animals View Post
I have been playing Noc since release when he was definitely OP. He is viable now, but is starting to feel on the weaker side and I don't think he sees much tournament play lately. Basically, he can't 1v1 the stronger junglers and after the last umbra blades nerf his full clear doesn't leave him as healthy as I would like. Ult cooldown is huge now and the fear tether is pretty short. I think Skarner is a much better choice at this point for solo queue and he is my main now.
Quick question do you build any dmg on skarner? If so what? Im just learning Skarner jungle and he is my last tank jungle to learn.

Gadesa

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliver1350 View Post
Quick question do you build any dmg on skarner? If so what? Im just learning Skarner jungle and he is my last tank jungle to learn.
Skarner doesn't need to build damage he does really good damage early with his Q spam. But if you get really feed your can build a trinity force its not bad on him or maybe an abyssal he does do magic damage and will be right up against the enemy. But other wise just build tanky and he will be fine.

Balloon Animals

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliver1350 View Post
My core Skarner build is usually:

Boots Pots start or Regrowth 1 pot if I dont plan on ganking at level 2
Philo Stone
Merc Treads
Frozen Heart
Wits End

At this point the game is usually over. If it goes longer I usually opt for a Trin Force with Sheen as the first component. At some point I usually turn the Philo into Shurelias and sometimes I will throw a Heart of Gold into the build if I feel like I want some more health and I have extra money early for the health crystal. Sometimes Ill start with Glacial Shroud and wait a bit to upgrade into Frozen Heart also. I feel like Aegis works well on Skarner also if you are worried your support won't get one.

AllProHD

02-05-2014

He sucks.

Grim Sarevok

02-05-2014

Completely broken and needs massive nerfs.

Not even a Udyr can 1v1 him.