World Playoffs - Rule Violations

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EisenPower

10-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedestius View Post
Wow this is complete bs you only fined AzF cause they won. The reason none of the other teams got fined cause they lost this is unfair if your gonna fine one team fine them all for the same thing =.= that is riot kissing a** to TSM like that. Riot are all TSM fanboys and need to be fair to all teams instead of just being harder on one team than the rest.
They were fined because their actions gained them an actual knowledge that they used to their advantage, not because they won. Learn to read man...

ZEEKEE

10-17-2012

thanks for make these investigation

Ryuzakku

10-18-2012

I didn't think Stanley would cheat, and it's good that it was just for fixing glare on the screen. I mean, look at him! So innocent looking!

MasteroftheDark

10-18-2012

I know it's unsportsman like to look over their shoulder to look at the giant screen with real time info on your opponents, but I would just like to point out that could easily be fixed by fixing the location of the players so that no amount of temptation to look at the screen will exist. An easy fix would to make an awning to cover their view while still allowing the audience full view of them and the screen. Simple and removes the ability to cheat completely, we are all human and the players probably didn't do it will full intentionallity just a compulsion.

Sorry if this sounds stupid but it's my basic logic working here.

MasteroftheDark

Brosepius Maxim

10-19-2012

Im really not sure why people are so upset over some of these so called "cheating" situations. If you watch a basketball or football game, you see people commit "fouls" quite often. Only the most flagrant of those fouls gets a player ejected from a game or suspended from future games. NONE............ NONE of the situations listed by Riot here came even close to something worth disqualifying an entire team for, AZF was the only real story here at all and the offender was fined for his actions. Could you honestly hold your head in only 1 direction for hours without moving it....and what if you had an issue that was really affecting your gameplay that was neither sides fault but gave the opposing team an advantage....like glare in a screen. Should you keep your head down and say nothing because its "against the rules"? Riot did the right thing by realizing they had a flawed venue and took it easy on the offenders of the rules appropriately. If anyone here thinks they could do better i suppose they could call out a challenge to TPA or AZF personally to see if they can resist the temptation to move their heads during gameplay. Otherwise, let it go....

Emulatez

10-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasteroftheDark View Post
I know it's unsportsman like to look over their shoulder to look at the giant screen with real time info on your opponents, but I would just like to point out that could easily be fixed by fixing the location of the players so that no amount of temptation to look at the screen will exist. An easy fix would to make an awning to cover their view while still allowing the audience full view of them and the screen. Simple and removes the ability to cheat completely, we are all human and the players probably didn't do it will full intentionallity just a compulsion.

Sorry if this sounds stupid but it's my basic logic working here.

MasteroftheDark
I am pretty sure when they said they are taking steps to make sure this does not and can not happen again since it should not have been able to happen in the first place means that they will probably make it impossible for players to see the screen in the next competition.

Facker Senpai

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-25-2012

Thanks for the Clarifications

VV0VV

10-25-2012

Pretty sad how they can cheat so much yet we can get banned for foul mouths in a fantasy world... sad riot

USA USA USA USA

10-25-2012

Whether or not someone got an advantage is irrelevant. Anyone who looked over their shoulder COULD have gotten an advantage, and that's all that matters. Kinda bull**** to only penalize Frost just because they saw something when others clearly *tried* to see something. They're all equally in the wrong. The real people who should be fined are Riot Games for not turning off those goddamn screens. This was incredibly obvious and Riot either didn't care or was too incompetent to do anything. Since from the launch of this game untill now Riot has continued to make terrible decisions I'm gonna blame incompetence, but Riot shouldn't be penalizing any players when the fault lies solely on them.

TasogareReiken

10-25-2012

Why is there the capacity to cheat in the first place that could have been so easily remedied by not placing screens of the match going on where they could see them?

Not that they shouldn't be punished for cheating, but that the opportunity simply shouldn't have been there.