World Playoffs - Rule Violations

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Stamora

10-14-2012

Sorry, double post by accident

Stamora

10-14-2012

The main flaw I see with the Azubu Frost ruling is that it doesnt affect TSM whatsoever. Look at it this way:

Azubu Frost gained an unfair advantage over TSM
Not only did Azubu gain an advantage, but TSM gained a disadvantage.

They compensated Azubu for gaining an advantage by fining them a hefty 30 thousand dollars.
However, they did not do anything for TSM whatsoever. This fraud was directed towards TSM, not towards Riot. Thus, the 30,000 dollars should have been given to TSM, not charity.

An extreme analogy: If a Joe physically harms another Bob with intent (like braking his leg), he will get punished for it. Some jail time, etc. However, Bob can also sue for reparations. Joe not only will have to spend jail time, but will also have to pay for Bob's medical treatment, and emotional injuries this physical assault caused.

tl;dr. TSM was wronged, and didnt get any compensation for it. They got a disadvantage, so they should have been rewarded to outweigh the disadvantage. Instead, Riot only punished Azubu for their wrongdoings, but did not do anything for TSM

PureGG

10-14-2012

I think this could have changed the gameplay between AZF and TSM, however, from watching their game play, AZF is clearly the better team (And yes I am a TSM fan, and yes I am prepared for all the hate), so I have no doubt that regardless of the invade, I believe AZF would have won the best of 3 regardless... is the fact that AZF cheated an issue? Yes, and I feel the 30,000 dollar fine is sufficent.
Couldn't riot have done something to prevent them from seeing the screen? for instance put them in separate rooms on either side of the stage with a window facing the crowd? (I thought they always did this until I saw the set up for the finals) it seems like the logical thing to do. Just my two cents

Notensack

10-14-2012

Anything less than a Season 3 ban for offenders is an insult to the integrity of competition.

Riot has a societal responsibility, as a developer of games that youths play to enforce moral standards that are beneficial to society as a whole. When the actions taken against offenders still end up as a net positive you have taught a lesson that it is beneficial to cheat in life to the millions of players of your game.

manwithcow

10-14-2012

dont know if this has been said... but maybe dont have the big screen easy to see by the players?? Maybe move it forward a bit???

seems like silly stage planning....

sheepareamyth

10-14-2012

Honestly it should just be immediate disqualification for looking at the mini map behind them. Also in the future the players should all be in soundproof boxes with the screen in a blind spot of the box so there can be 100% no allegations of cheating.

IS1a891f5612670b

10-15-2012

This made me laugh out so loud.

You seriously suck at designing stages.

Still a loooooong way for LoL to be on par with Dota 2.

I mean, seriously. "You have to look forward at all times!"... just wow.

PureGG

10-15-2012

I agree.. it really is stupid how the stage is designed.. even if they had the screens in front of the players so the players can only see the back of the screens and now whats on them would have been a better idea than what they did. I like the screen set up, but not where they put the players... they assume everyone always plays by the rules.. this never was, and never will be the case. Riot.. do something about this, please.

frigAro

10-15-2012

Disqualify, ban, "integrity of the competition", etc. just makes me LOL (no pun intended)

If you think that they're going to ban a team based on peeking at the huge screen at the start of a match (which screamed "PLEASE CHEAT" btw) and gaining a slight advantage in 1 of the 3 matches they were part of then you must be living under a rock hahahahaha
Bet you think all sports, whether it's e-sports or sports like football and basketball, are full of "integrity" huh? And the rules that they have for these games are "just" and "well deserved" huh?
Please... get out of your hypocritical shell and take it as it is... unless you're like 6 yrs old in which case I would like to say... grow up a bit first and then decide whether or not you want to sound stupid on the internet

Severrin

10-16-2012

Here's an idea, have a better venue so this isn't an issue next time.