Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

World Playoffs - Rule Violations

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Raistalan

10-13-2012

Let's see... Pretty much every team cheated via either looking and/or listening and the ones complaining the most are from the ones that cheated too and lost from one specific team. Get over it. Technically Riot messed up by setting up game stage the way it was to begin with. They should have game booth and double earphone/headphone combo at the absolute minimum.

EpoSins

10-13-2012

I'm happy to hear that Riots punished the offenders, But I also think the actions should have been more severe, AzF could quite possibly win the Finals, and they cheated.....What does that really say to the community, Big Screen No Big Screen, this is a life changing Event for 5 people, 30k is alot But Make it so these teams are scared to do it, In my Opinion suspend the people who have broken the rules from the current tourney, and if it was a major infraction the team all together. It may seem insane, but to be honest, so is winning a million+a year contract for a video game. People out their give their all to be the best at this, and if a Cheating team wins the finals its just sad. With that said i know AzF's infraction may not have won them the game, But TSM will always think What if it never happened?

Takhuan

10-13-2012

Do not agree with singling out and punishing members of azubu frost for something as stupid as looking in some random direction.

Compromise

10-13-2012

I honestly think that the penalty given to AF is unfair, considering the consequences of the misconduct.

Linthiel

10-13-2012

honestly i would say that cheating should be met with disqualification i mean what kind of message does that send to the community? that you can cheat you will just get a slap on the wrist

U MIRIN HOMBRE

10-14-2012

Riot did a good job for taking action. Although none of this would've occurred if Riot made sure even turning sideways that the minimaps would be visible.

Minimaps shouldn't be vulnerable to a naked eye in such high competitive event.

satsunada

10-14-2012

Personal opinion, I think disqualification is in order for that major infraction. That was some serious cheating to look at the positioning of a gank. If that happened without the tournament, Riot'd prolly start doing account bans on tournament play. It altered the gameplay considerably in early game to favor AzF.

However, Riot really should segregate the teams more from both each other and the monitor. Even a small wall to block the screen or a better monitor setup facing opposite directions. This was not a good set up and the players took advantage of it.

swilstastic

10-14-2012

I really don't know why they didn't use those team-wide booths that they had on the finals stage for the entire tourny... I mean, maybe that just made too much sense.

Hime Killa

10-14-2012

Funny how tsm's case has the most likes

Gløry

10-14-2012

How about don't put a giant screen 90 degrees to the side of your competitors?