World Playoffs - Rule Violations

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Obsoletesky

Junior Member

10-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by XS PWR View Post
They know, via in-game chat and voice chat, that they had cheated.
Why are they playing for the finals...? This really bothers me...
I see that they outplayed TSM. But that's not the issue At All.

I mean come on, your friends get pissed at you if you screen peak in your living room, ever since 007 Goldeneye. This is a matter of being distrustful, and proves that when given the opportunity, the Whole team will act on the possibility of cheating. Is this really someone who should move ahead in the competition?

I see that Riot should have taken more action before-hand to help prevent cheating, however should you really have to babysit adults like this? I am thoroughly disgusted with this team's behavior and Will Not be watching them in the finals.

I hope they think of themselves the same way most of the LoL community does now.
I agree. The amount of self-respect displayed here was incredibly low. If you have to go to the lengths of "screen peeking" to win a World Championship, then you have no right to be in the competition at all.
They, in my opinion, have the needed skill level to beat anyone. But they lost my, and many others, respect with this act of unsportsman like conduct.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Overkill4000

Senior Member

10-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CVonStauffenberg View Post
Whoa. Hold up. So Azubu Frost makes a game-changing dirty move, and loses 20% of their winnings. Dignitas and Curse share a prize and get it all taken away? Something seems amiss here. I understand this game has a slight bias toward the Asian playerbase but for the love of Jesse Perring, this is overkill. Had TSM done the same thing, Azubu Frost would have been given their spot in the playoffs and TSM would have been kicked entirely out of the competition, and probably banned from next year's tournaments. But because they're Asian, Riot's like "NAH."
The Crs/Dig affair was run by MLG and MLG chose to go with that decision. But anyway who followed that knows that MLG were pissed about the ARAM game. Crs and Dig both denied any collusion beyond the ARAM.

The AZF cheating affair was actually fueled by racism from Americans who wanted any chance to try and get TSM back in the tourney or at least get revenge on AZF, hence the repeated calls for AZF to be dqed. TSM fanboys keep forgetting that TSM was down one game and would have lost either way.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

darkhellion111

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-12-2012

seriously, if riot had taken the time to think things through, thinking about how it would handle the worst possible situations, then think through them at least another 5-6 times, they could have avoided everything. simple solution would have been have all the players in team booths. take a lesson from valve on this one riot. dont allow this **** to happen again. quite honestly all teams who cheated like that should have been disqualified from the tournament the moment it happened, where is the real backbone?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

phokinger

Junior Member

10-12-2012

Only a 20% penalty of tournament winnings to have a better chance to win $1,000,000? I think it should have been a disqualification or a very steep penalty like 80%-90%. What was the charity?

Best


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Slavik1

Senior Member

10-12-2012

Cheating in SK vs AZF?
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2670448


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kestz

Senior Member

10-12-2012

What a joke, they were caught cheating and got a slap on the wrist.
Any company with any dignity would have disqualified them.
Cheaters cannot be allowed in sports contests.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zesr

Member

10-12-2012

I wonder how many people will be boycotting the match tomorrow to hurt Riot's ad revenue?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BlackSantaClaus

Senior Member

10-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zesr View Post
I wonder how many people will be boycotting the match tomorrow to hurt Riot's ad revenue?
none


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NegaStoat

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-12-2012

No more money from me for Riot Points over this.

Frost should have been DQ'd. I could care less about Team Solo Mid remaining to play or not - in fact, their quality of play was frankly not at the same level as other teams we've seen. It's the principal of the matter that's been glossed over pretty thickly.

The fact of the matter that Riot will have to live with is a person saying " A team cheated in the World Finals and was cleared to continue within the tournament unhindered in securing a possible championship victory. Ever see this happen in other Esports?"

And that person merely stating those words will be 100% accurate.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ep1cLeprechaun

Senior Member

10-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overkill4000 View Post
The Crs/Dig affair was run by MLG and MLG chose to go with that decision. But anyway who followed that knows that MLG were pissed about the ARAM game. Crs and Dig both denied any collusion beyond the ARAM.

The AZF cheating affair was actually fueled by racism from Americans who wanted any chance to try and get TSM back in the tourney or at least get revenge on AZF, hence the repeated calls for AZF to be dqed. TSM fanboys keep forgetting that TSM was down one game and would have lost either way.
Bull****. Its not about the nationalities of either time. I think the final should be SK vs TPA, because TSM didn't play like they cared. They honestly probably didn't care that much, and its fine if thats how they want to be, but they don't deserve to be in the finals. But neither does AzF.