World Playoffs - Rule Violations

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Frankskippy

10-11-2012

"Don't look at the screen-dont look at the screen-dont look at the screendontlookatthescreen..."

This would be what was going through my head the whole tournament.. Only thing I can think of that compares to what they did is looking at some one elses test in college. where you get a written warning and a 0 on your test. then the second time, you get expelled.

Kafkaesque

10-11-2012

Quote:
More importantly, this sort of behavior shouldn’t have been possible in the first place, and we recognize that and have taken steps to ensure it doesn’t happen in the future.
This is what I was thinking... If you don't want the players to look at the venue screen, then don't seat them directly in front of it. And if you are going to seat them there then why not at least find a way to block their vision of the screen?

APerfidiousDane

10-11-2012

Bad job on Riots part. Most players would have done the exact same thing, whether you'd admit to it or not is another story. Riot, you ****ed up with horrible screen positioning and it was easy to see from the beginning somehow you never once thought the players would look over their shoulder? Complete ****-up on your part. Way to save the Championship payer some money.

Learn to focus on the aspects of the game rather than the fancy bull****. This game has been going downhill for quite some time, and this newly acquired community isn't helping at all. Ever since LoL overtook WoW things have gotten really bad and instead of keeping a grip on things, you continue to drop the ball.

Very disappointing.

DoS BoSS

10-11-2012

riot, i got one thing to say...

LEARN TO HOST A TOURNAMENT!!

dota 2's Esport tourny had seperated the teamed players all boxed into one "room" while the screen for everyone to view was slightly IN BETWEEN THE PLAYERS AND VIEWERS...

http://bulk.destructoid.com/ul/234123-TI2%20GO.JPG

btw, don't force the players to "always face the front," that's just kinda... do u ever talk to ppl whuile ur facing the computer?? do u listen to others wen u do that?? kinda dumb to hav to face forward and try to catch wat others r saying.

Alpha Mustard

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-11-2012

I am a fan of AFrost. One of the major problems I believe is the setup of the screens. It was too easy to cheat and probably very tempting. The penalties are well figured out. Also, even if TSM had a rematch... I believe they would lose again...

Relding

10-11-2012

257 TSM fanboys up in here

KOBEEEEEEE

10-11-2012

League is a ****ing joke. Tournament runners can't put a ****ing cardboard wall behind or on the side of the players. Every other Esport has them in soundproof cubes, where they can't see the casting screen.

Afttermath

10-11-2012

Wow kinda proud of you right now Riot. I like the charity part too they're probably raging so hard at that lol.

Gray the Grayte

10-11-2012

1) It was kind of silly to put the screens where they could see them in the first place. There is a million dollars at stake here!

2) As an opinion the penalty for AZF seems mild given the big advantage they gained over TSM by cheating which Riot has confirmed. TSM's strategy was something they could only use once and was an all or nothing early gamble. AZF being able to see it during the pause, ping it and respond to it gave them a material advantage not only in terms of game situation (no kill for TSM, advantages for AZF jungler and bottom lane) but also psychologically (TSM appeared to have invested a lot of pre-thought into that gambit). I am not a TSM fan at all but it doesn't seem particularly fair to get that much of an advantage, have it confirmed by Riot yet there is not effect on the results at all. A rematch or single game forfeit would have been the minimum I would have expected for confirmed cheating where the team got a significant advantage.

Schwigs

10-11-2012

Anyone else seeing past the technicalities and wondering why they have venue screens above the players?