World Playoffs - Rule Violations

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SpEcImEn128

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-11-2012

WOw, such a FAIL Riot, a fine REALLY?? Such a joke.

autumnfish

10-11-2012

So in line of the people who say "cheating is cheating" then IG, WE, AZF, TSM should be DQed. TSM for not following the rules of looking forward at all times such as looking over to AZF's side and seeing one of them look up. Cause "cheating is cheating."

Hindsight is 20/20... Too many people are assuming that Jayce would have not checked that bush and Blitz would just waltz by. On top of that, people are assuming still that it would have been a first blood for TSM, then snowball top (Jayce can de-initiate so...), then win game.

First blood doesn't guarantee you a win. Neither does second, third, or even forth blood. Just watch game 2.

This is the OddOne's reaction. Like he said, calm down.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nD0W...feature=relmfu

Aku dono

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-11-2012

Haven't read the thread, but if you guys are going to take League of Legends as a serious esport, then you should consider isolating the players from both the screen, the crowd and any other external tip-offs. Soundproofed booths with one-way glasses would be ideal, I think. Kinda like Starcraft tournaments.

Food for thought.

llamasx

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarBubbles View Post
So it seems to me that penalties of cheating is a small price to pay when it gives you a good chance in winning.

In other words, fines are out of the prize money, so no cheating team cares if they get fined or not.
Well they said it was not game changing. If any of the cheating resulted in something game changing it might be a fine + a rematch or a disqualification.

It is kind of sad players would cheat though =\ I think it should be communicated to them that any convicted cases of cheating will result in instant disqualification and forfeit of winnings. I imagine they were simply told not to look at the screen and to look forward without any details on what punishment might occur if they did.

tempnameA461

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpEcImEn128 View Post
WOw, such a FAIL Riot, a fine REALLY?? Such a joke.
Came in here to read some butthurt.
Leaving with a smile on my face.

Barnacles Bailey

10-11-2012

Seriously Riot? A team cheats and has a shot at winning it all? Severely disappointed in this management decision. If you told me I can have 1 Million dollars if I gotta give you 20% I'd cheat all day long. What a weak stance.

NegaStoat

10-11-2012

I'll write in that I'm disappointed. The timeline has things running like this.

Fans post that Azubu (and other teams) looked up at the Minimap
We are told in the initial post that judges were on the floor and that no cheating happened.
Fans do the actual legwork and post proof of situations of people looking up.
Riot only then agrees that the matter requires investigation on their own part.
Fans enter a state of boiling over with the initial and follow up placating statements.

Riot addresses each case of players looking up at the minimap and confirms each instance.
Riot then stipulates that some cases had no impact, while other cases did have a game effect but may or may not have been relevant due to restarts.
Azubu's fine was assessed up front but is then allowed to continue to compete and future earnings within the tournament would not be fined.

I'm... Yeah. If all of the above is the case, I'm dissatisfied.

Maybe this proposed example is valid, and maybe it's not, but if you hold a team oriented spelling Bee for a national title between schools of different states and one member of the team cheats, it's a DQ for that whole school. Done. No fines, no "oh, it was only one person of the team"... You're shown the door.

I'm coming away from these finals with the fact in my head that CLG lost to a team that was confirmed for cheating earlier in the same tournament. Maybe I'm supposed to view it like it's a Basketball game where Fouls are expected or something. I dunno.

Craigular Joe

10-11-2012

Okay, i completely understand punishing people for cheating. But why in the hell do you have the screen behind the players? Did it not occur to you that this would happen? Next time, you should plan the venue better and get some set hands to either set up a hanging display that is in front of the players, like having a hanging canvas and using a projector, with the back of the canvas facing the players. This was just a huge mistake on Riot's part. Don't agree with them cheating, they should have just been honest about the game and just kept their eyes forward like they were told. But riot should be proactive instead of reactive.

GreekAsTheGods

10-11-2012

lol... the lengths the american teams will go to to try to get the special treatment they think they earn for being own3d/twitch celebs.

first HSGG qq's that they had same starting side in all of their games, then chaox violates rules to conveniently catch a member of AZF violating the rules in a more severe way.

seems like typical NA eDrama.

Drake Nightroad

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by beckdavid View Post
At this point, i can confirm that Those people keep asking for a rematch/ DQ frost is either a TSM fanboy or an Anti-asian gamer...
now see this is what i find funny.. im last person that would be called a tsm fanboy .. i rather seen both clg na and clg eu go head to head... but right there you saying every one that wants there to be a rematch or a dq hates any one that is asian that games ... this right here is racist ..

but to be honest i like to see a DQ of AzF and have tsm and clg eu play to see whom gets to fight tpa. before some one calls me a racist im a TPA fan :P