World Playoffs - Rule Violations

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LeagueBrains

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG TRENT View Post
IMO the integrity of the game is seriously compromised if a team can get eliminated from a tournament by another team who cheated to gain an advantage.

I am not a TSM fan but I am extremely disappointed by the decision riot made on this.
Basically this.

Except all cheating teams. Set a standard. Zero tolerance.

Zesr

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeagueBrains View Post
Basically this.

Except all cheating teams. Set a standard. Zero tolerance.
So much this. If AZF wins, this season will forever be overshadowed by the fact that they cheated AND got to win. There is no honor in it.

The rules clearly stated that looking at the screens was illegal. All teams agreed to the rules prior to competing. All teams that violated the agreement should be removed from the competition. This is not a simple case of bad sportsmanship, this is a violation of rules.

IS1e4e8bf7e45827

10-11-2012

The money goes to a charity in Korea? Really? lmao. Wow.

WolfHowl

10-11-2012

My support for TSM just dropped.... (is a fan of CLG and TSM). And here I was rootin em on cause I thought they had good sportsmanship. Now I turn my attention 100% to CLG even if they didn't win.

QuantumMajic

10-11-2012

So you can cheat as long as it only helps you a little bit? It is a dishonor to everyone at the tournament that Frost is still there. Beyond disappointed in riot, as usual.

CREEEEEDDDDD

10-11-2012

I know this may have already been said, but maybe to prevent such incidents from happening, maybe the audience viewing screen could be in front of the players, so there is no temptation to see the screen and cheat. That or the teams can be put in "booths" or something similar, so their back regions are blocked, making it more difficult to look discreetly. Ive seen this work in a ESL game of Starcraft 2, where the players were placed in soundproof "boxes" so to speak, so maybe something similar to that for the team would work too? Its just a suggestion....

Tsuki Miko

10-11-2012

Oi, you ppl retarded or something? If you dont want them looking at the screens then dont put then where they can see em. Why make it more difficult then it should be?

Ekrei

10-11-2012

I'm sorry but I have to comment here. These rule violation things are about the stupidest thing I've ever seen / heard of. Now personally I was not watching the streams but dude, wow... really, all of that seems extremely ****ing retarded. Sorry for my harsh language but really. I have a GREAT IDEA, why not, instead of putting the players of the game and communistic-ally forcing them to hold their heads forward looking at their monitor (what if they have to stretch?).

Why don't you spend 100$ more and build sight blocking walls between the players and the monitor's which show the game to the crowd.

This way.

1. Players can NOT see each others screens.
2. Crowd can still watch the guys gaming.
3. You're not anally raping their winning purse for moving their head left or right in a match. What if they just were turning their head to communicate with their buddy sitting next to them. So ****ing retarded.

wierdguy1

10-11-2012

i still believe tsm lost due to the cheat of Azf and should get a second chance, but i suppose thats only me becuz i always use their builds

Jayhawks

10-11-2012

this is what i would expect from you RIOT, well done. handled very professionally, and scrutinized closely. good job