Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

World Playoffs - Rule Violations

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HaiImLoki

10-11-2012

Cheat. get advantage. Win game. Small fine(Min 250k at this point for AzF, 30k is nothing.) get to finals.

Clearly this suffices as punishment.

Nightmare Yoch

10-11-2012

@Firefly

To act like those few seconds of cheating did nothing is silly of you. Because they were able to know the enemies location that changed their actions and caused the match to snowball into their favor. I think to say the little they were caught doing didn't determine the outcome is a mistake. Games can be won in the first few instances just as a game can be lost by a single mistake. Cheating is cheating and AZF should have been DQ'd on the spot. The argument has been thrown about Dyrus and Chaox but Chaox was checking on AZF and Dyrus looked to see if you could see the monitor, aka, not cheating. I know nothing will come from complaining anymore, but I think Riot should see what they caused.

The Juice

10-11-2012

Quote:
The Mighty Xycho:
@Firefly

To act like those few seconds of cheating did nothing is silly of you. Because they were able to know the enemies location that changed their actions and caused the match to snowball into their favor. I think to say the little they were caught doing didn't determine the outcome is a mistake. Games can be won in the first few instances just as a game can be lost by a single mistake. Cheating is cheating and AZF should have been DQ'd on the spot. The argument has been thrown about Dyrus and Chaox but Chaox was checking on AZF and Dyrus looked to see if you could see the monitor, aka, not cheating. I know nothing will come from complaining anymore, but I think Riot should see what they caused.

Please, do not misunderstand my intention or views from that post. I am simply trying to point out that Riot has a system they use in place to determine the punishment. I pointed out that it was only 15 seconds in which they viewed the minimap, a small amount of time. I absolutely know they cheated and it gave them a positive advantage. I do not accept them for cheating, nor do I think it did nothing for them, I simply believe the punishment fits the crime and Riot's decision makes sense. Also, if "cheating is cheating" then IG, TSM, and WE should also all be disqualified, because they cheated, just less severely. That's it. We cannot sit here and say that because they didn't obtain useful information that they should not all also be disqualified as well, because they all cheated. I do NOT condone AZF's cheating, I just feel that people are singling them out and trying to say that "cheating is cheating and should be treated as such" without mentioning a single time that IG, TSM, and WE were all found to be cheating by looking at the screens.

EpixAura

10-11-2012

Good job, Riot. I know it's very hard to investigate issues like these, and even more difficult to come to a conclusion once information has been gathered. As usual, problems have been handled quickly and efficiently. Now fix Rengar. =P

PsylentFox

10-11-2012

I dont know... I think you could solve the issue of the teams looking at the giant screens.... by easily placing them recessed and the screens above the recess. Simple fix.

Darth Grater

10-11-2012

Wow this is complete bs you only fined AzF cause they won. The reason none of the other teams got fined cause they lost this is unfair if your gonna fine one team fine them all for the same thing =.= that is riot kissing a** to TSM like that. Riot are all TSM fanboys and need to be fair to all teams instead of just being harder on one team than the rest.

Aelryn

10-11-2012

My personal opinion:

In the case of the major violation that yielded clear benefits, I'm not saying no action should be taken, and I agree with the punishment. However-

This is a prize tournament with winnings in the MILLIONS. These infractions were only possible due to inadequate and less than ideal set-up on Riot's part (I love you Riot, but a spade is a spade), and while I don't have issues with the penalty as assessed in the one instance where someone very clearly altered the course of game-play, I believe Riot should invest a matching amount of money to correct their set-up issues in their next venue.

1: Teams are able to hear the crowd. Even if you give them noise cancelling headphones, it is not impossible for the headphones to shift during excited game-play or even for an excited crowd to cause some sort of curiosity in either team.

2: Players are set up in the same room as the big screen at an angle they could look up at the screen. While players should be professional, Riot should have been aware of this very basic flaw from the get-go and addressed this issue.

Proposed solution: Dump some extra money into your next venue.

|----------|-----------|
|TEAM A|TEAM B|
|============|
| BIG SCREEN |
| AUDIENCE |
------------------------------

The ==== divider between the screen and the Teams is a sound-proof, one way mirror that allows the audience to see into the room of the contestants but not the other way around. The divider between the two teams is sound-proof glass, or could just be a wall. You don't want to risk the other team accidentally hearing play calls. The big screen is above the two-way mirror facing out towards the audience, so the audience can still see the teams while they play and their reactions, as well as game-play, and there is no chance of audience interference or unintentional cheating (glare adjustments, etc.)

Riot, you're awesome- but if you can afford a million plus dollar prize purse tournament, you can afford this room set up, and I'd rather see a slightly reduced prize purse and a correct tournament set-up than a larger prize purse with a set-up that permits this sort of controversy to occur.

LucasI

10-11-2012

Normal players discover an exploit in mastery pages, abuse it for advantage. Riot drops the perma-banhammer.

Pro players discover an exploit in the tourney set up, abuse it for advantage. Riot gives them slightly less prize money.

Because it's not like pro players get special treatment or anything.

Marek

10-11-2012

I haven't read the thread, only the initial post, but I just want to say that this was in no way to blame on any individual player or team. If anyone is responsible it's Riot.

Beyond the technical issues that made the event a failure, the players could not have committed such "unsportsmanlike conduct" were they unable to see the screens in the first place! I hope this is taken into account when planning future venues.

Miraclypse

10-11-2012

Lol, what a joke punishment for Azubu Frost.

Get your **** together Riot.