World Playoffs - Rule Violations

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mega Kyorge

10-11-2012

30,000 dollars ? that's 3% of their winnings if they win the grand prize. I like that riot took action, but i believe that cheating should be an automatic DQ in a official match like this one.

Asyl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigieu View Post
As a fan I have to say thank you for looking into this first.

But I do have an issue with this. If the infraction is serious enough for a 20% fine of the winnings then why is the player in question not being DQed from the finals? Also why is the only fine being leveled against a team that is in the finals?

AzF Woong should be forced to sit on the bench for the finals in addition to the fine that is being placed (a fine that should carry over all the way to the final winnings should they win if that is not the plan). These teams are suppose to be professionals. Yes professionals cheat but what you are giving them is the equivalent to a slap on the wrist and telling them to stop. Most people will see the money that is being fined and say it's enough but when you think about how much they've pulled in just to get to this point 20k doesn't seem enough to get the point across without something additional.

Please Riot reconsider your actions on this. You are probably the largest Esport in the world at this time which means that you are the leader in things like this, especially considering the prize pool on the line.
If Riot is going to sit any players out they should DQ the entire AzF team. We'll never know if he acted on behalf of his team and cheated or on his own.

yoybot

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mighty Xycho View Post
A friend brought something to my attention. I had said they should rematch, but when do you get to retake a test if caught with an answer sheet? DQ AZF.
That is quite correct. If they had cheated, Riot should DQ them.
Perfect analogy, I must say.

Platypus King

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NemesisOfReason View Post
You are forgetting Riot's lack of competence for preventing this sort of fiasco in the first place. Riot shares some of the blame for "allowing" the cheating to happen.
Oh I do agree with that. What I'm attributing that to is just lack of experience with something this large. S1 wasn't this big so I'm giving them some slack. Possibly I shouldn't but they are at fault as well. Players should have barriers of some kind to stop them from being able to see the stage screens.

Doowen

10-11-2012

Cheating costs the winners 20% of the prize.

But the victims of cheating costs them 100% of the prize.

sounds fair.

Oranjecrush

10-11-2012

Lol this is such a joke, the polar opposite of the NCAA. The NCAA punishes the people who didn't commit the crime. Riot pretty much didn't punish them at all.

Also, there obviously is no one at Riot who as ever participated in an actual athletic competition. (I am not calling E-Sports not a valid competition) When players on the Chicago Black Sox were accused of cheating, all of them were banned from the sport. When the Chinese Badminton players were found to be fixing matches, every single one of them was disqualified from the tournament. How then, can Azubu Frost, a team that blatantly cheated in a World Playoff match, TWICE, and gained a direct benefit that completely impacted the outcome of the game, (Riot lied, level 1 can decide the game sometimes) not be given the death sentence? Its simple, this decision is ludicrous and is an absolute atrocity for E-Sports.

GG no re.

CrippledPimp

10-11-2012

So, hypothetically, teams could cheat in the finals and just have a fine? Really?

These were terrible precedents to set. Players can now think they can cheat and they won't get DQ'd. This is hilarious. In your rulings, you blatantly say that some of the offenses gave the other team additional knowledge which can completely skew the outcome of the game. How can you honestly say that some "sneak peaks" didn't have significant outcomes of the games?

Players that obviously cheated should be disqualified and the games should rematch. Or just DQ the team entirely. This is so dumb. Actually, just divy up the prize money to all the teams. This tournament was disastrous. I watched a stream of the games last night and a ****ing active crane was in the background making noise. Are you ****ing kidding me?

How are eSports supposed to be taken serious when something like League can't even hold their own damn tournament? Maybe Riot should just give the responsibility to some third-party that knows their ****.

Crusalis

10-11-2012

Maybe if your tournament director wasn't so god damn stupid he could've used the innovative technology called a WALL

The Juice

10-11-2012

I really have no clue how you people have not gotten it yet. Riot has tiers of punishments for the severity of cheating that takes place. It is as simple as this: Riot determined that AZF's cheating altered the game slightly, but was not enough to change the outcome. I would like to emphasis Riot determined. This is Riot's tournament, therefore Riot's rules. They have a tier system in place for the severity of infractions, just as the NCAA does. If a team takes 3 or 4 guys out for impermissible meals, they cheated, but it's a minor infraction and a couple scholarships are revoked and/or they're fined. This is the same thing. They did something to give themselves a MINOR unfair advantage as deemed by Riot. To disqualify them over this would be like asking for life imprisonment for someone who shoplifted a television. There are rules in place to stop that because the punishment should fit the crime. The severity of the cheating is what determined the other punishments to be warnings. AZF got a major infraction for cheating for FIFTEEN SECONDS. It isn't that hard to understand why they didn't get disqualified. You may not like it, but Riot makes the rules, just as lawmakers make laws that prevent television shoplifters from being imprisoned for life. If you don't like Riot's rules they put in place for events such as this, then don't watch their events or play their game. They made the rules, they ruled on them via their judgment, let. it. go.

Koromaro

10-11-2012

Should really add some sort of box around them so they can't look up. Something like those boxes they have in Korea o3o