World Playoffs - Rule Violations

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mono Air

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirigu View Post
Based on what you have written here in this thread I firmly believe that AZF should be disqualified from the tournament!

A measly 30k fine is not going to be any real big loss!

BTW, in any other sports venue cheating is a violation of game rules and is punishable by disqualification.
First off, the whole venue setup was a mess. The placement of the humongous mini map screens made it too easy for players to potentially turn around and cheat. That being said, even if AZF did gain an advantage by looking at the screen (jayce would've checked the brush anyway), its so improbable that TSM would beat AZF. Why would Riot dq AZF when clearly it was their fault for the venue setup and TSM would have never beaten AZF.

5oIid

10-10-2012

Everyone who says AF needs to be DQ'd needs to watch other sports no team in any sport ever gets DQ'd based on 1 players actions that individual gets DQ'd or fined the fact that riot has penalized the entire teams winnings is better than some Major sports do

YoshioPeePee

10-10-2012

it was my opinion that any penalty against AZF would not be warranted (i had doubts about the player's intent and i was concerned over issuing an additional later penalty on top of the warning AZF were already given at the time) but I promised to trust in riot's judgment and they appear to have carefully and objectively analyzed the situation and have rendered a reasonable ruling

i should note that i am happy that the penalty money is going to charity, so at least some good will come out of this entire thing

Ep1cLeprechaun

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJay Saint View Post
So let me get this straight. Azubu Frost blatantly cheated and it was proven with hard evidence. They modified their play at level 1 upon seeing TSM's position which obviously had an impact on the game.

So they just get a small fine? However, at MLG both Curse and Dignitas are completely stripped of their prize money and disqualified from the tournament for allegations with NO HARD EVIDENCE of possibly sharing prize money.

So a team that blatantly cheats and gets caught with hard evidence barely gets a slap on the hand, while two teams are severely punished for an event of which there is absolutely 0 hard evidence of?

Even if Curse and Dignitas did agree to share prize money after MLG, that in no way affected the tournament outcome at all. Azubu Frost CHEATED to win. CHEATED. That DOES affect the outcome of the rest of the tournament.

I'm sorry, but "e-sports" is already a joke as it is. Blatant cheating in a tournament should not be allowed under ANY circumstances.

I dislike TSM as much as the next guy because of their lack of professionalism and public **** talking, but Azubu Frost needs to be disqualified from this tournament. If you can disqualify two teams and strip them of everything for an allegation of an event that didn't affect the tournament at all with 0 proof, then you should be disqualifying a team that purposely cheated and got caught with hard evidence, because cheating DOES affect the outcome of this tournament.

Cheaters should not be rewarded. I'm beyond disappointed with Riot at this point.
^

ploki122

10-10-2012

Sorry to tell yo uthis Bitplosion, but BitingPig now has the coolest name...

Wednesdoll

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reynmaker View Post
A company with........common sense, would not create a venue where the temptation to gain unfair advantage was simply to turn ones head a bit.

Both the issues you had with glare on player screens and people turning around and looking up could have been mitigated by something as simple as a small tarp. Stop patting yourselves on the back at how awesome you are and use your brains. A little forethought goes a long way.
This, sir, is a fair example of a well rounded thought.
Simple and to the point.

Riot shoul've forseen these isues with something as simple as a Booth, like every other major tournament.
Booth prevents players from looking to the screen, and even from looking to your oponents. Plus, you can turn your head to watch your team mates if needed, and feel more conffortable, thus being the clear better choice.

I think the fine should go to the person/people in charge of the Veneu designe.

Cheers.

Food4Thought

10-10-2012

This just in, Cheat and u only lose some of your prize money...at a chance of 1 million dollars...thats a pretty low cut.

Jarrito

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBeard View Post
Hi everyone,

We’ve completed a comprehensive investigation of all alleged incidents of players looking at the venue screen at the World Playoffs. Our full rulings are posted by bitingpig below, but here’s the tl;dr:

We evaluated these cases based on intent, severity and tangible impact to the course of the game. Based on our investigation, the Azubu Frost incident is the only one where we determined there to be tangible impact – we believe other members of AzF modified their gameplay (level 1 ping and Jayce brush check) based upon the information gained. We don’t believe, however, that these actions decided the winner of the game.

Per our rules we are issuing a fine of $30,000* for unsportsmanlike conduct. Proceeds will go to our charity program in Korea.

Here are summaries of our findings on the other incidents:

• Quarterfinal #4, Game 3 (CLG.EU v. Team WE) at 19:24 on the game clock – WE WeiXiao looked up at the venue screen. Practical benefits to Team WE were limited - Corki’s moves after WeiXiao’s look would have been logical, whether he saw Sona’s position on the venue screens or not. We have determined this to be unsportsmanlike and have issued a warning.
  • Group Stage A (IG v. SK) at 13:00 on the game clock – iG Zz1tai looked over his right shoulder at the screens. From our analysis, there was no material impact to the game. We have determined this to be unsportsmanlike and have issued a warning.
  • Quarterfinal #3, (restarted) Game 1 (AZF v. TSM) during game pause – TSM Dyrus turned his head to determine whether it was feasible to see the minimap screens from the stage. TSM obtained no direct meaningful benefits from Dyrus’ action as the game was restarted, but we have issued a warning.
  • Quarterfinal #2, Game 1 (TPA v. NaJin Sword) at 4:11 on the game clock - TPA Stanley briefly looked to his left, then looked forward and adjusted his monitor. We’ve determined he was responding to glare issues. The position of all five players of NaJin Sword was already visible to TPA at this time. While Stanley violated the referee’s instructions to look forward at all times, there was no unsportsmanlike conduct.

*20% of current tournament winnings.

We take this stuff seriously. Our rules on sportsmanlike conduct are clearly communicated to competitors, and our decisions here are based on those rules. More importantly, this sort of behavior shouldn’t have been possible in the first place, and we recognize that and have taken steps to ensure it doesn’t happen in the future.
The fact that it was even possible is embarrassing. You guys should reconsider throwing another multi million dollar tournament ever again.

Ajido

10-10-2012

Will Azubu's fine increase if they end up winning the entire tournament? i.e. 20% of the 1 million? Or is it fixed at $30,000?

DntMatterHadSex

10-10-2012

Dang, those fines... I ain't got that type of cash... Glad to see this cleared up, thanks riot!