World Playoffs - Rule Violations

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Caucxican

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caucxican View Post
Riot has no way of even finding out if the AF minimap peek was planned or not. Knowing exactly where TSM would go for the level 1 invade made the peek almost too perfect.

On top of this, the fact that AF doesn't even communicate after the peek and ping makes me wonder if it was actually planned.

Yordles Rule

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamander View Post
reading this made my day:

"Per our rules we are issuing a fine of $30,000* for unsportsmanlike conduct. Proceeds will go to our charity program in Korea"

Thanks for treating LoL like a real sport Riot. It is great that you guys cracked down, and it shows that you are a company to be trusted.
Well "Per our rules which we are making up and changing on the fly" might have been more accurate. I say this because RiotTiza said that to look at the minimap would be to jeopardize your chance of staying in the tournament. This suggests that if you looked at the map and it was determined to be cheating, and it changed things in how the game went, then disqualification was the punishment for that offense. It seems the rules changed for convenience sake more than anything else.

What would have been more fair, AZF having days to prepare for a game against the winner of CLG vs WE (The winner having no time to prepare), or having AZF have to play a qualifying match the same day as well (redoing their match vs TSM)? They could keep their money when they won and they would have won without cheating. Also their next match would be more fair as well.

JumpinINwithJax

10-11-2012

When in the world did Cheating and Unsportsman Like conduct have the same Definition.

Unsportsmanlike Like Conduct, is like not shaking hands or badmouthing a player or team or in this case the teams home country.

Cheating, is gaining an unfair advantage in the game by breaking the set rules of the game.

How Azubu Frost skates away with a Unsportsmanlike Like Conduct Penalty is beyond me.

tG Asyl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorrack View Post
I disagree with the rematch on TSM and Azubu, because eitherWay, Azubu smashed them and it doesnt need to be redone.

ALL OF THIS COULD BE SOLVED if Riot would just use a little extra brain power, and move the players back like 10 foot. Is it seriously that hard?
Seriously? It's stated by Riot that AzF gained the advantage and won top lane by cheating. DQing them in that one game, not even the set means TSM had the possibility to come back and win.

tG Asyl

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexizonfire View Post
nice, when we cheat, not only do we have better chance of winning, but we help our contry too!
Cheating is good my friends!
Someone got my post

Caucxican

10-11-2012

The American Red Cross is starving for donations. I hope an American team cheats next year.

CowgirlCourtourt

10-11-2012

Yeah Aruba frost clearly cheated but ohhh lets blame Tsm.... and dont look back and see aruba frost cheated first..of course then dyrus look at the map to see if he could see it cuz they all were suspicious of the first start of the first game..

Nightmare Yoch

10-11-2012

A friend brought something to my attention. I had said they should rematch, but when do you get to retake a test if caught with an answer sheet? DQ AZF.

Platypus King

10-11-2012

As a fan I have to say thank you for looking into this first.

But I do have an issue with this. If the infraction is serious enough for a 20% fine of the winnings then why is the player in question not being DQed from the finals? Also why is the only fine being leveled against a team that is in the finals?

AzF Woong should be forced to sit on the bench for the finals in addition to the fine that is being placed (a fine that should carry over all the way to the final winnings should they win if that is not the plan). These teams are suppose to be professionals. Yes professionals cheat but what you are giving them is the equivalent to a slap on the wrist and telling them to stop. Most people will see the money that is being fined and say it's enough but when you think about how much they've pulled in just to get to this point 20k doesn't seem enough to get the point across without something additional.

Please Riot reconsider your actions on this. You are probably the largest Esport in the world at this time which means that you are the leader in things like this, especially considering the prize pool on the line.

NemesisOfReason

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigieu View Post
As a fan I have to say thank you for looking into this first.

But I do have an issue with this. If the infraction is serious enough for a 20% fine of the winnings then why is the player in question not being DQed from the finals? Also why is the only fine being levels against a team that is in the finals?

AzF Woong should be forced to sit on the bench for the finals in addition to the fine that is being placed (a fine that should carry over all the way to the final winnings should they win if that is not the plan). These teams are suppose to be professionals. Yes professionals cheat but what you are giving them is the equivalent to a slap on the wrist and telling them to stop. Most people will see the money that is being fined and say it's enough but when you think about how much they've pulled in just to get to this point 20k doesn't seem enough to get the point across without something additional.

Please Riot reconsider your actions on this. You are probably the largest Esport in the world at this time which means that you are the leader in things like this, especially considering the prize pool on the line.
You are forgetting Riot's lack of competence for preventing this sort of fiasco in the first place. Riot shares some of the blame for "allowing" the cheating to happen.

Also, SC2 is by far the largest esport in the world, followed by DOTA 2 (rank 2) and LoL (rank 3). One could argue the ranking of 2 and 3, but not 1.