Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

World Playoffs - Rule Violations

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FriendOfFerghus

10-11-2012

If this was stickied for a few days I think it would stop at least some of the millions of "QQ cheater" posts.

GeneralJZ

10-11-2012

Without reading all 65 pages of posts, please forgive me and this may already have been suggested, but why wouldn't a barrier/ceiling of however many feet coming from behind the teams over their heads be logical to help prevent viewing of the screen. This with an additional wall located to the inside of both teams (center stage) would be all it takes to prevent players from looking at the main screen. I've worked in event prep before and this would be a very cheap and easy fix to the problems of unsportsmanlike conduct by viewing the screen over their shoulders. I understand the idea of keeping an open atmosphere, but this could prevent any team losing thousands of dollars because a team member looked over their shoulder in interest... Just saying. However, I do appreciate the work riot put in to investigating the issues. I think the warnings and punishment dealt out was well justified.

IV ABEL VI

10-11-2012

Ive read threw most of the comments and really have seen anything talking about the effect that this would have on a team that is already under immense pressure. Think about it your sitting on a giant stage, streaming to 200,000 plus and the other team cheats...... How would your emotions feel? I myself would be going crazy and not to mention the effect of a lvl 1 gank goes farther then first blood and XP for anyone who has played (which if your reading this your a little more hardcore than most and kudos to you) a match and made that fateful face check or just got surprised by the whole other team and stomped on it hurts ur egto a little and does change the pace of the game. Yes i know these guys are all pros and shouldn't make mistakes but the momentum you lose because of something like this is huge and Tsm knew that they had looked at there map. Thats my two cents about it. I am a huge Tsm fan but big guy dyrus sneaked a peak too so therefore the should be out of the tourny but he was only confirming that you could look at the map and get and unfair advantage. As for the punishment issued 30,000 if the win a million hmmm ruff life LOLX ( Also korean charity???? why no american or like a global charity????) .. but really the stink that the team will carry with them for the rest of there gaming career i think will affect them most i myself do not respect AZF regardless if they win because they cheated

iAteMyVegetables

10-11-2012

Let's just see if I got this. At 0:25 he pinged at the bottom part of the enemies top lane. If he knew their position he could of just said in his mic that he knew they were going top. Also like to point out, that before he pinged, MF was already solo going bot, Lux and Maokai were already going mid, and Blitz and Jayce were already going top. Jayce shot in the bush, and backed off, Blitz wasn't even going close to that bush to begin with. Lux and Maokai were mid, and MF moved further into bot. So how can they know even from looking on the map at 0:25 secs where the enemy team is? Nothing had spawned yet, also, once Jayce shot in the bush TSM all backed off. So that means that the red invade wasn't safe at all. I find this such a stupid decision. They sapling the enemy wraiths, they warded top river, and they sapling mid bush. They then went 4 people in bot lane bush, then 4 people of Azubu went to red, they saw no enemy was there, Lux went to mid. However TSM invaded enemy red with only 3 people and got it, so you guys made a really really dumb decision. TSM had no clue since no ward or saplings where the enemy were, yet they did a 3 man red invade, but the so called cheaters did a 4 man red invade.

So in conclusion, TSM did a 3 man red invade with zero wards or any way of knowing the enemies position. While Azubu did a 4 man red invade, while they did have 1 ward and 2 saplings. As a result TSM did a riskier move, but yet Azubu are cheaters? I can't believe how hard it is for you guys to look at this unbiased. Azubu frost made a less risky move. Also, once Jayce shot in the bush at top, they started pinging, so they saw Darius. Obviously if Darius gets hit, and they see him, ofcourse they know more are there. Why would Darius go solo in that bush? That would make no sense. So once they saw Darius, Woong moved further into bot. That's when Lux and Maokai moved to wraiths and sapling near it. That's when they went to Woong's position, waited for Blitz, in order to do a 4 man red invade. Like I said you guys are biased 'cause TSM is NA. Azubu didn't cheat, and you guys are being unfair. Luckily Azubu still gonna win alot of money so I'm fine with it, and cool 'cause it's going to charity. But can't believe what a terrible mistake you guys made. The ping early in the game didn't faze them at all. They still kept walkin' exactly the way they were. Lot of respect lost for Riot, me looking at the video once, I have gotten more information then your so called "investigation" that took you a couple days.

Momma Tree

Recruiter

10-11-2012

Sounds fair to me.

Battsie

10-11-2012

why dont you just change the sitting to make a V and put the sceen above them behind a wall so they have to turn around and look to the other side which would make it clear what the player was doing

Mckayy

10-11-2012

You know, if Riot would have just built simple sound proof booths for the competitors like every other major gaming competition has...maybe this wouldn't be a problem...period. Or even a little temporary wall that MLG has for their finals, really is it that hard? seriously...

Swanlicious

10-11-2012

Does that mean all of AZF's honor gets reset?

Shijimah

10-11-2012

Awesome job Riot!

Fleshwound2

10-11-2012

Why not just make it so they cant cheat... that would be to easy.