World Playoffs - Rule Violations

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mister Rant

10-11-2012

If you as a company took this seriously, you would have DQed AZF for compromising the integrity of this Esport just like you did CRS

objecti0n

10-11-2012

Scumbag Woong

**** Azubu Frost

seriously

If they win the Championship... Riot is gonna have hell to pay.

The Juice

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranzeikou View Post
Seriously... it's like people, such as yourself, can't read nowadays. It was concluded that TSM did not cheat. And Riot understood their mistakes of keeping players from moving their heads. It's hard enough to sit still especially when the tension is up, but to add to it, there is the possibility of temptation or the unrelenting worry that the other team could be cheating which only adds to more tension. That being said, if the players did turn their heads but did not intend to cheat or did not gain anything from it gameplay-wise they were simply warned because riot realized the issue itself was born from their mistake.

Azubu, however, flat out cheated! And regardless of them winning both games, the fact that their peaking at the mini map had an effect on the game is definitely enough premise for disqualification. Stop calling people crybabies, and tsm fanboys, because if any other team cheated i would be pushing for their DQ as well. The sad part is there are more TSM fan haters than there are fans, so they just sit around calling people biased fanboys. Open your eyes and start being a little more objective.

My last point is that first blood is a huge morale booster. Its down right fallacious to believe that just because Azubu won by a mile that they would have done so anyway had TSM's strategy worked. Hindsight is 20/20 and you never know how hard Dyrus could have snowballed with a firstblood. Now imagine how crushed TSM must have been that their first strat would get d***ed over by some cheater, and they have no way of proving it for themselves. Thats a big blow to their moral and we all know that because it happen to all of us when we play at some point or another.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitingpig View Post
League of Legends Competition Ruling

Tournament: World Playoffs, Quarterfinal #3, Game 1
Teams: Azubu Frost vs. TSM
Date of Match: October 5
Date of Ruling: October 9
Subject: Unsportsmanlike Conduct

Chronology:

The game was paused to deal with audio/microphone malfunctions with the AzF headsets. During the pause:
  • TSM Chaox said that he had witnessed a member of AzF looking at the venue screens during the game. Referees didnít independently corroborate these allegations.
  • TSM Dyrus looked back and up at the venue screens.

The match was then restarted as a result of AzFís inability to fully communicate in-game (mic malfunction). Prior to the restart, referees directed both teams to look forward at all times during the match.

After the restart, TSM left its base en masse, appearing to be invading top lane/brush. At 00:15 on the game clock, Woong of AzF looked back and up to his right at the venue screens.At 00:25 on the game clock, an AzF player pinged near the lane between TSMís top inhibitor tower and the second top lane tower.

AzF Shy (Jayce) and AzF MadLife (Blitzcrank) headed to top lane. AzF Shy (Jayce) approached the brush where TSM was headed to hide, switched to Cannon mode and fired his skillshot into the brush, landing a hit on TSM Dyrus (Darius), which gave away TSM Dyrus (Darius)í position. AzF Shy (Jayce) then backed away.

Once AzF had confirmed that Darius was top lane with Jayceís skillshot:
  • AzF sent two players deep into TSMís red jungle to drop a sapling at wraith camp, which would ordinarily be a dangerous risk for only two players.
  • AzF Woong (Miss Fortune) facechecked bottom laneís tribrush, which would have been an extremely risky move had he not known that the lane was likely unoccupied by TSM. AzF Woong (Miss Fortune) did not even cast ďMake it RainĒ to reveal the brush, indicating a high level of confidence that the brush was uncontested.

Relevant Competition Rule(s):

1. The World Championship Competition Rules, Paragraph 9.1, prohibit unsportsmanlike behavior.
a. Penalties, as set forth in Paragraph 9.2, include, without limitation:
i. Verbal Warning
ii. Prize Money Deduction
1. Minor infraction: 5% of World Championship prize money
2. Major infraction: 20% of World Championship prize money
iii. Loss of Side Selection
iv. Game Forfeiture
v. Tournament Disqualification
2. Prior to the game, referees directed both teams to look forward at all times during the match.

Analysis:

TSM Dyrus clearly turned his head to his left and looked back and upward at the venue screen, but there is no direct evidence that TSM Dyrus obtained any helpful information from this action. TSM obtained no direct meaningful benefits from TSM Dyrusí action; the game was restarted afterward.

TSM Chaox briefly turned his head toward the AzF team to monitor them. This violation had no potential or actual gameplay benefits for TSM.

AzF Woong clearly turned his head to his right and looked back and upward at the venue screens. The potential gains from this action were not inconsequential. At 00:15 into the restarted game, AzF had no idea where TSM was located or which direction they were headed. AzF did not have Clairvoyance. By looking at the venue screens, AzF Woong stood to learn the location of all TSM champions.AzF Woongís actions did yield tangible benefits for AzF. Once AzF learned that all five members of TSM were in the top lane area, this reduced TSMís ability to control top lane and pressure AzFís blue side. It also allowed AzF to more safely invade TSMís red side.

Rulings:

TSM Chaox did not look forward at all times during the game. This was not unsportsmanlike conduct.

TSM Dyrus violated the rules by looking at the stage screens. This violation, however, did not yield any meaningful benefits for TSM.

AzF Woong violated the rules by looking at the stage screens. His actions yielded benefits for AzF in the game. Other members of AzF modified their gameplay based upon the information.

Penalties:

TSM Chaox: None.

TSM Dyrus is hereby warned not to engage in any further rule violations. Further violations may result in additional penalties.

AzF Woong committed a major infraction of the rules and the team is hereby collectively fined in the amount of 20% of the prize winnings earned by AzF as a result of advancing into the Semifinals ($150,000). AzFís total fine for this violation is $30,000. Further violations may result in additional penalties.
It appears that you are the one who cannot read. Right in bitingpig's post it clearly states that Dyrus and Chaox both violated the rules. Riot posted their competition rules right here, in this thread, for everyone to see. They posted what the penalty would be for such an infraction as that which Azubu Frost received, right in this thread. Everything you need to see is right there. TSM violated the rules, just as Azubu Frost did, just as Taipei Assassins, World Elites, and Invictus Gaming did. All of them violated the rules. Azubu Frost violated them in a serious manner, unlike any of the other four. However, Riot ALSO posted what the punishment would be for the quality of infraction each team committed via their own rules of the tournament. Did Azubu deserve to be penalized? ABSOLUTELY. They cheated. Did Riot post what their punishment is? Absolutely. So why is it that "people like you" cannot accept Riot's judgment on what the punishment should be?

You also seem to be unable to read, as Riot's very own bitingpig stated very clearly that Dyrus did, in fact, cheat. The difference between Dyrus' cheating and Woong's cheating is the fact that Azubu gained an advantage from their cheating, whereas TSM did not. That is literally the only difference. I have seen quite a number of posts insinuating that it does not matter whether it was Azubu Frost that cheated or that TSM was the losing team of the set in which they did it, it only matters that a team was caught cheating. Well, if catching a team cheating is all that matters, every single team that cheated (aka looked at the screen) should be disqualified. Why does it matter that a team gained an advantage or not if cheating is cheating? If you are going to try and say that only AZF should be disqualified, then it is clearly discriminatory against them because of spite at TSM's loss of the set during the match in which the cheating by AZF took place. WE determined a champion's position during their match with CLG.eu, IG determined where Ocelote wasn't during their game with SK. Dyrus looked at the minimap on purpose to determine if it was visible during a pause, which is illegal. I have not even once implied that AZF should not have been punished. I have only implied that if you are going to call for one team's head for cheating, then you should call for all four teams that cheated to be disqualified.

And, since you again accused me of an inability to read, allow me to point out that I never once said anything about anyone being a crybaby or a TSM fanboy. I also laugh that you tell me to be more objective when I am only calling out people for singling out Azubu Frost when they are not the only team that cheated. That is called being totally objective, which everyone else seems to be lacking in objectivity. I think you seriously do not know how to read nowadays.

Yordles Rule

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xyltin View Post
Seems you are also no fan of real sports or other e-sports.
Cause similar things happen there all the time (not as hard, but we had wall hackers in CS and many other things).

The normal thing is to warn the player once if he didn't get any important advantage out of that.
He reacted very similar to the raction he would normally show. And that Sona wards the brush 3 sec later (actually nearly the observer delay in tournaments) means he didn't get anything out of it.

When you try to cheat and you aregetting caught without getting any advantages, you nearly always get a warning and nothing more.

When you make an intentional foul, you may get punished a bit, but there will be no real change in the game cause of that.

=> Riot did hold onto their rules which are pretty silimar to other sports.
GJ
Similar to other sports? No. Don't believe me? Look at any instance of cheating or unsportsmanlike behavior in the NFL and see how they handled it. The only sport they lets cheaters get by with a slap on the wrist (if not caught in the act) is Soccer. FIFA thinks part of the spirit of the game is that only what the refs see in real time counts (no replays). It keeps the flow of the game moving. They used to do this in boxing (only 2 dudes to ref there) but they have since changed their tune about that. Pretty much any modern sport now takes cheating very seriously even if it was discovered after the fact, and even if the case could made that details are fuzzy (ever heard of Lance Armstrong?).

Edit: as for holding to their rules. Their original rules called for disqualification in the case of cheating. They did backflips in this case.

QQ Bro

10-11-2012

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

the teams cheated but it didnt win them the game, simply gave them an advantage over their opponent.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

yea u guys are a legitimate organization

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Super Explosion

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by QQ Bro View Post
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

the teams cheated but it didnt win them the game, simply gave them an advantage over their opponent.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

yea u guys are a legitimate organization

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
This is actually a very reasonable point.

What process does Riot have to judge what may or may not win someone the game?

An advantage is an advantage.

Why have the teams play on a supposedly even playing ground at all?

Just analyze a few past soloque games, and judge someone the winner.

cAres

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-11-2012

"we believe other members of AzF modified their gameplay (level 1 ping and Jayce brush check) based upon the information gained. We donít believe, however, that these actions decided the winner of the game."

Yeah a level 1 fight that will lead to a kill and a lead to one of the teams has nothing to do with deciding the winner of the game... not even mentioning the frustration the other team went through when that happened and they knew they were being cheated.

That statement made me feel like you don't even understand how this game works. Didn't even read the rest.

MyDeadGrandma

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by cAres View Post
"we believe other members of AzF modified their gameplay (level 1 ping and Jayce brush check) based upon the information gained. We donít believe, however, that these actions decided the winner of the game."

Yeah a level 1 fight that will lead to a kill and a lead to one of the teams has nothing to do with deciding the winner of the game... not even mentioning the frustration the other team went through when that happened and they knew they were being cheated.

That statement made me feel like you don't even understand how this game works. Didn't even read the rest.
Try actually watching the streams. AZF vs TSM/CLG.eu was like watching platinum walk all over golds. The skill difference was ridiculous.

cAres

Recruiter

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyDeadGrandma View Post
Try actually watching the streams. AZF vs TSM/CLG.eu was like watching platinum walk all over golds. The skill difference was ridiculous.
I don't think you've ever played competition at a high level and what it feels like to you and your team when you know you just got cheated out of a win. I'll just leave it at that.

The Juice

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by cAres View Post
I don't think you've ever played competition at a high level and what it feels like to you and your team when you know you just got cheated out of a win. I'll just leave it at that.
That would be correct if they got cheated out of a win. They got cheated out of a chance at possibly getting an opportunity to take a very early lead in a game and try and make that snowball into a win. There isn't even a guarantee their invade would have done anything but secure the enemy red buff. Do not twist things into what they are not. It does not invalidate the cheating, but please do not say TSM was -going- to win that game like it is a fact.